These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

eve-survival.org - Dead??

Author
Gilan Isana
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#1 - 2015-04-13 18:36:53 UTC
Anyone know what has happened to my favorite mission / DED site 'Advice' (nee 'cheat'!!) site eve-survival.org?

don't seem to be able to get it, and my pve 'intel' gathering is suffering.

Evelopedia is ok, but it dosnt give as much info and dosnt seem to have as many missions.

Am I going to have to find my mission intel elsewhere? If so anyone have any suggestions?
Ian Morbius
Potomac Greeting Card Company
#2 - 2015-04-13 18:47:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Ian Morbius
At this time, " Eve-survival.org is DOWN for everyone. It is not just you. The server is not responding..."

This 2011 version is currently still around: http://www.evesurvival.caedwards.net/wikka.php-wakka=MissionReports.htm.
Paranoid Loyd
#3 - 2015-04-13 19:54:45 UTC
Just google the mission and open the cached version of the page (clicking the little green arrow next to the address will allow you to open the cached version)

"There is only one authority in this game, and that my friend is violence. The supreme authority upon which all other authority is derived." ISD Max Trix

Fix the Prospect!

Hakaari Inkuran
State War Academy
Caldari State
#4 - 2015-04-14 01:43:10 UTC
Paranoid Loyd wrote:
Just google the mission and open the cached version of the page (clicking the little green arrow next to the address will allow you to open the cached version)

THIS is even better. http://web.archive.org/web/20130513101410/http://eve-survival.org/wikka.php?wakka=UnauthorizedMilitaryPresence4br&show_comments=1#comments

Use it.
Darkblad
Doomheim
#5 - 2015-04-14 12:21:23 UTC
You also can try this:

www.schildwall.info/missionen.html#english

Click the button within the note at the top of the page. Links to eve-survival will point to the google webcache copies, which might be more recent.
You can also apply several filters to the list.

NPEISDRIP

Mr Mac
Dark Goliath
#6 - 2015-04-15 13:15:49 UTC
Try mirror but updated at 2011
Cyber Wulf
Infernal Armada
Warped Intentions
#7 - 2015-04-16 14:09:32 UTC
From the Eve-Survival channel:

Went camping for 2 weeks and the server decided to crash hard - Tech Support has been working on problem for 5 days as of 4-15, and still can not give me an answer to why the blade won't boot. They said this morning it will be up today, but I've heard that for 3 days. Will update here when I have news.
Yourmoney Mywallet
Jita Institute of Applied Monetary Manipulation
#8 - 2015-04-16 14:31:00 UTC
Cyber Wulf wrote:

thanks for that
Zander Kumamato
The Chaos Void
#9 - 2015-04-17 01:54:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Zander Kumamato
Cyber Wulf wrote:

Went camping for 2 weeks and the server decided to crash hard - Tech Support has been working on problem for 5 days as of 4-15, and still can not give me an answer to why the blade won't boot. They said this morning it will be up today, but I've heard that for 3 days. Will update here when I have news.

Things crashing when you're gone sucks, But remote hands in a datacenter that can't fix a server within a day.. that is terrible service. Even more terrible if the server is leased/rented instead of colocated/etc.

Good to hear the site is coming back, I use it a lot and reference it to others a lot.
erg cz
ErgoDron
#10 - 2015-04-17 07:11:03 UTC
Time to download the whole thing and use it localy. This site is one of the most crashing sites I came along. Almost like EVE home page. :-p
Gilan Isana
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#11 - 2015-04-17 22:14:26 UTC
Cyber Wulf wrote:

Thanks for the update Cyber Wulf, hope things get sorted soon.

I miss favorite mission site!! been using some of the cached pages, but ive come across a few out of date.

will you be able to announce in here when you are up and running again?

Elyham
Perkone
Caldari State
#12 - 2015-04-21 01:49:01 UTC
Cyber Wulf wrote:

It would appear they use the Keystone Cops Hosting Service otherwise known as 1&1 Internet Inc.

Roll

Hasikan Miallok
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#13 - 2015-04-21 05:23:29 UTC
Obscure net issues or hacking taking 5 days to fix is annoying but shite happens sometimes.

But the server will not boot and they still do not know why after 5 days ???
Nalelmir Ahashion
Industrial Management and Engineering
Mouth Trumpet Cavalry
#14 - 2015-04-21 12:34:56 UTC
I would like to offer to the owner of this website instead of the system\website\server he uses now to try and move into:
Google Sites service. it's free up to 100MB of disk space (can get more for fee), automatic conversion to mobile website and very easy to use.

Can also add comments at the bottom of each page and best of all beside customized URL it's fully integrated into all of the other google services.

I would highly recommend to check it out.
Fluentcode
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#15 - 2015-04-21 16:59:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Fluentcode
If the owner of this website contacts me, He can get free enterprise level hosting from me -Why? Because Sir you have served the eve community, now let us serve you

Our servers have not been offline for over 4 years (touch wood) - excluding 2 restarts due to updates

-Contact me
The Bigpuns
Touring New Eden
#16 - 2015-04-22 07:09:43 UTC  |  Edited by: The Bigpuns
Fluentcode wrote:
If the owner of this website contacts me, He can get free enterprise level hosting from me -Why? Because Sir you have served the eve community, now let us serve you

Our servers have not been offline for over 4 years (touch wood) - excluding 2 restarts due to updates

-Contact me

That is a quality offer. If you can get eve-survival to be stable, and offer the dude a free a service at the same time, I'll contract you a free velator. Srsly.

BTW, many of the links for archived content don't seem to be working either. Main thing I use it for these days is if I cant remember whether a MWD or a MJD is more useful for a particular mission...
Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat
Working Stiffs
#17 - 2015-04-22 21:23:11 UTC
Mr Mac
Dark Goliath
#18 - 2015-04-23 07:21:59 UTC

+1

/offtopic
I want to like but I don't see like button Sad
Cyber Wulf
Infernal Armada