These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE New Citizens Q&A

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Ship skins?

Author
Nemerian Katelo
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1 - 2015-04-03 16:43:10 UTC
How does the current ship skins work?
Are they apply once and once the ship goes boom thats it?
Does CCP plan on having ship skins be something you apply once and even if your ship gets blown up you still have access to that skin type for your ship?

WIth the new skins which were shown recently Im just interested in knowing if its something I would put money towards.
Elena Thiesant
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#2 - 2015-04-03 16:45:40 UTC
Xercodo
Cruor Angelicus
#3 - 2015-04-03 16:53:47 UTC  |  Edited by: Xercodo
- Right now skins are used via blueprint. They create an entirely separate version of the ship that has the new skin but the same stats. It was a very thrown together beta version of the skin system to gauge player interest.
- Since the ship is unique, yes.
- New skins are coming out later this month and are currently on the Singularity Test Server.

- If you buy a skin now and still own the ship or BP once the new skin system is released you will get the same skin in the new system.

Essentially the way it works is that when you get a skin you get a licence to use it. That skin can then be used on any future copy of that ship and will by default apply whenever you get in those ships, even if it's an empty ship in space. You can change skins on the fly in the fitting window and if done in space will show a sort of cloaking effect showing the nanites on the ship transitioning to the new scheme :P

Edit: The link above shows what this concept is supposed to be.

The Drake is a Lie

Nemerian Katelo
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#4 - 2015-04-03 18:49:12 UTC
Thanks to both of you, the dev blog looks promising. Its how the system should be done and I do indeed look forward to it.
Assuming it provides skins for the ships I fly =D