These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE New Citizens Q&A

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Resubbed an old account...but names are gone...

Author
Gallente Citizen 805954803
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2015-04-01 23:00:27 UTC
I resubbed an old account from 2006 ... but my character names are gone and replaced with Gallente Citizen 87364542 (not the real name) is there any way to have the original character names or new names generated without restarting a new character...

Any thoughts would be helpful
Paranoid Loyd
#2 - 2015-04-01 23:01:49 UTC
Petition

"There is only one authority in this game, and that my friend is violence. The supreme authority upon which all other authority is derived." ISD Max Trix

Fix the Prospect!

Celine Sophia Maricadie
Tal-Cel Industry and Salvage LLC
#3 - 2015-04-01 23:30:33 UTC
CCP recently shelved a number (6 million apparently...) of character names from trial accounts that never subbed.

Open a support ticket and they'll get it sorted out for you. If the old name is still available you should be able to get it back.
Gallente Citizen 805954803
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2015-04-02 01:37:52 UTC
Celine Sophia Maricadie wrote:
CCP recently shelved a number (6 million apparently...) of character names from trial accounts that never subbed.

Open a support ticket and they'll get it sorted out for you. If the old name is still available you should be able to get it back.

Thanks
Lost Greybeard
Drunken Yordles
#5 - 2015-04-02 10:33:57 UTC
More generally, for other people looking at this thread, almost any change resulting from being unsubscribed for a long time will get you a for real response if you petition it.

CCP likes the narrative of people that quit coming back on a regular basis, and will generally do what they can to facilitate it. Though if your name was taken by someone else in the interim that's not gonna work, they'll probably let you rename yourself _something_.