These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
17 Pages123Next pageLast page

[April] Battlecruiser Warp Speed and Warp Rig Tweaks

First post First post
Author
C C P Alliance
#1 - 2015-04-01 22:42:31 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Fozzie
Hey everyone. We're planning on making a few small tweaks to warp speed mechanics in our April release and we'd love to hear your feedback.

Firstly, we're planning to adjust the warp speed of Battlecruiser sized ships to bring the Battlecruiser-Cruiser relationship in line with the Destroyer-Frigate relationship. We've been discussing this with CSM 9 rep Gorski Car for a little while and we think bringing the BCs in line is a reasonable idea.

This will mean an 8% increase in Battlecruiser warp speed, to 2.7au/s for T1 BCs and 3au/s for Command Ships.

We are also making some tweaks to warp rig penalties. At the moment the two sets of warp rigs have -CPU penalties, which are among the most harsh penalties that rigs in EVE can have.

We are planning to change the penalty on Warp rigs into a Signature Radius increase (like the penalty on shield rigs). This penalty matters quite a bit for large nullsec fleets and small ships (two areas where we want to be cautious about the power level of warp speed rigs) but is much less important for smaller gang activities in large ships, as well as for mission runners. We hope that this change will open up some new interesting fitting options that people will enjoy.

Let us know what you think!

Game Designer | Team Five-0

Twitter: @CCP_Fozzie
Twitch chat: ccp_fozzie

Mercenary Coalition
#2 - 2015-04-01 22:43:47 UTC  |  Edited by: Rowells
Does T1 include faction BC?
Amarr Empire
#3 - 2015-04-01 22:46:05 UTC
Nice! Thx for listening to the community and giving us at least something. Would be very nice to see the same for battleships. They are damn slow at warping :(
#4 - 2015-04-01 22:48:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Unsuccessful At Everything
Aint believing anything until tomorrow.

Edit: its 4/2 now.. I believe it.. and am happy.

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

Sir Livingston
#5 - 2015-04-01 22:54:59 UTC
battlecruiser usage must be low

Sci-fi games as played by an earthbound human in the 21st century http://www.youtube.com/JonnyPew

#6 - 2015-04-01 22:55:39 UTC
Good changes.

Out of curiosity how commonly are Warp Speed rigs being used? Especially on larger ships.
C C P Alliance
#7 - 2015-04-01 23:03:45 UTC
Rowells wrote:

Yup.

Game Designer | Team Five-0

Twitter: @CCP_Fozzie
Twitch chat: ccp_fozzie

Northern Coalition.
#8 - 2015-04-01 23:09:55 UTC
Anything that helps BCs gets a +1 from me. I miss seeing them around. :\

EVE Down Under - a community for players in the AUTZ

In-game channel: evedownunder // Twitter: @evedownunder

https://www.facebook.com/evedownunder

#9 - 2015-04-01 23:41:09 UTC
Can you also boost their agility and speed?
Tornado/ naga fleet?

Not possible any more because of bombers and interceptors.
Those where very fun fleets.

Ability to counter bombs on those hulls can help bringing them back.
Can we get some decent anti bomber/ bomb weapon? Roll

Many fleet fights are won/lost depending on who first made good bomb run.
#10 - 2015-04-01 23:49:28 UTC
Better than nothing, I guess? vOv

Do battleships still exist?
#11 - 2015-04-02 00:00:51 UTC
nice... good to know about the increase...

There are no stupid Questions... just stupid people... CCP Goliath wrote:

Ugh ti-di pooping makes me sad.

#12 - 2015-04-02 00:01:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Terranid Meester
Increase combat battlecruiser weapon range and lock range too?

Best anti-bomber tweak is to reduce bomb radius to 5km, keep the ecm and basic neut bomb to 15km.
Catherine Laartii
#13 - 2015-04-02 00:05:22 UTC
CCP Fozzie wrote:
Rowells wrote:

Yup.

I think it would be a good move to improve faction ship warp speeds, perhaps between t2 and t1. It would help further offset their insurance deficit quite a bit, ESPECIALLY if you brought t2 and faction battlecruisers up to cruiser warp speeds all the way.
#14 - 2015-04-02 00:47:55 UTC
LONG overdue. Consider a signature radius reduction across the entire class as well.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

#15 - 2015-04-02 01:00:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Arthur Aihaken
CCP Fozzie wrote:
We are planning to change the penalty on Warp rigs into a Signature Radius increase (like the penalty on shield rigs). This penalty matters quite a bit for large nullsec fleets and small ships (two areas where we want to be cautious about the power level of warp speed rigs) but is much less important for smaller gang activities in large ships, as well as for mission runners. We hope that this change will open up some new interesting fitting options that people will enjoy.

Well, this effectively makes Ascendancy implants much more valuable than rigs since they don't impose a signature penalty. My preference is still the CPU penalty.

Since we're on the subject of warp speed tweaks, can we also get a small bump to battleships as well? 2.2 AU/s for T1/Faction Battleships and 2.4 AU/s for T2 Marauders and Black Ops (the Nestor and Machariel would remain at 2.5 AU/s and 3.0 AU/s, respectively).

I am currently away, traveling through time and will be returning last week.

O.U.Z.O. Alliance
#16 - 2015-04-02 01:10:36 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
LONG overdue. Consider a signature radius reduction across the entire class as well.

That sounds like a very good idea!

Eve Minions is recruiting.

This is the law of ship progression!

Aura sound-clips: Aura forever

#17 - 2015-04-02 03:07:54 UTC
Anthar Thebess wrote:
Can you also boost their agility and speed?
Tornado/ naga fleet?

Not possible any more because of bombers and interceptors.
Those where very fun fleets.

Ability to counter bombs on those hulls can help bringing them back.
Can we get some decent anti bomber/ bomb weapon? Roll

Many fleet fights are won/lost depending on who first made good bomb run.

Overheat mode for MJD on BCs :D allows you to jump away quickly i.e. if someone drops bombs but does random upto say 75% of your base EHP in damage (which if it doesn't kill you is spread randomly over all 3 tanks) to discourage use in fights as you'd randomly explode.

(Not sure if I'm serious or not).
Minmatar Republic
#18 - 2015-04-02 04:10:45 UTC
Warp speed was the least of BC issues and improving it has absolutely no effect on the sad state of BCs.
#19 - 2015-04-02 05:00:27 UTC
Aiyshimin wrote:
Warp speed was the least of BC issues and improving it has absolutely no effect on the sad state of BCs.

It's a start.

I am currently away, traveling through time and will be returning last week.

#20 - 2015-04-02 05:30:00 UTC
Challus Mercer wrote:
Nice! Thx for listening to the community and giving us at least something. Would be very nice to see the same for battleships. They are damn slow at warping :(

nope; they should be slow.
17 Pages123Next pageLast page