These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE New Citizens Q&A

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Quick question about security status--something I read

Author
Syrilian
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2015-04-01 18:40:29 UTC
I read something online that was dated several years ago that stated that you do not take a security hit for aggressive actions taken against someone with a -5.0 security status. Is this still true? If I attack someone with -5 status will I be CONCORDed?
Paranoid Loyd
#2 - 2015-04-01 18:42:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Paranoid Loyd
Anyone with sec status of -5 or lower can be openly attacked anywhere. Unless you have messed with your overview settings, these pilots will appear as solid red on your overview.

"There is only one authority in this game, and that my friend is violence. The supreme authority upon which all other authority is derived." ISD Max Trix

Fix the Prospect!

Elena Thiesant
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#3 - 2015-04-01 19:38:25 UTC
Keep in mind though that pilots with -5 sec status or lower are still allowed to defend themselves if attacked.
Celine Sophia Maricadie
Tal-Cel Industry and Salvage LLC
#4 - 2015-04-01 20:32:32 UTC
You don't take sec status hits for attacking legitimate targets, and this includes perma-flashies (sec status below -5.0).

Legitimate targets include sec status below -5.0, war targets, suspects, criminals, and pilots with a limited engagement with you.

You won't suffer any consequences for aggression against these pilots.
Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat
Working Stiffs
#5 - 2015-04-01 20:50:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Tau Cabalander
Consequences of PvP in EVE Online [Flow Chart]

There is only standing loss for aggression against non-legal targets.
Pilots with -5.0 or lower security are legal targets everywhere.

Surprisingly a lot of pilots with -5.0 or lower security don't seem to realize their pods are also legal targets.

Crimewatch Quick References:
* Flags
* Consequences
The entire dev blog is: Introducing the new and improved Crimewatch
Cara Forelli
Caldari Colonial Defense Ministry
Templis CALSF
#6 - 2015-04-01 21:41:45 UTC
Elena Thiesant wrote:
Keep in mind though that pilots with -5 sec status or lower are still allowed to defend themselves if attacked.

Also keep in mind that if said person is in high-sec, the npc police will be hunting them as well. This means if you can hold them for long enough (~10-15 seconds) the popo will come finish the job for you. A single frigate on a gate with enough tank to have some sticky power can be deadly. There's a pretty short margin for them to kill you before the police have them tackled.

Fortunately most people are afraid of "reds" or just don't realize this so us baddies yolo through high-sec pretty often to get where we need to go.

Probably where this is most relevant though is on gates in low-sec. You lose a lot of "protection" from gate guns once you drop below -5.0 because they'll no longer defend you. However, they'll still shoot AT you for criminal behavior.

Want to talk? Join my channel in game: House Forelli

Titan's Lament