These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE New Citizens Q&A

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Socket CLosed??????

Author
Johhny Iron
Doomheim
#1 - 2015-04-01 13:10:30 UTC
Okay so i'm new in this game.. i play it 4-5 days.. And last 3 days i played everything fine.. no crashes and DCs.. but from yesterday night all till now.. (And still ongoing) i'm having NONSTOP Socket CLosed????????? WTF. How so can they blame our/mine ISP cause everything works fine. I got no any program that could block any IP or make socket loss..... seriously, this is my first problem ever in 10+years playing games.. WTF is this ****.. im so mad cause i can't play game i really love to play... EvilEvilEvilEvilEvilEvilEvilEvilEvilEvilEvilEvilEvilEvilEvilEvilEvilEvilEvil
L'ouris
Have Naught Subsidiaries
#2 - 2015-04-01 13:20:18 UTC
It may or may not be a comfort:

Unless CCP is under active DOS attack (which happens, and you can verify by using chribbas eveoffline website. Normally numbers are really really low ), most of the time players get the sockets closed error is ue to localized issues around you.

Just yesterday I got kicked out three times, other websites worked fine. Still, I restarted my firewalls, installed some long overdue patches on Microsoft and restarted the cable modem. Everything worked like a charm after that.

In the past, getting these errors without seeing about 800 threads on General Discussion calling CCP names and complaining that the game can't be played has been a good indicator to me to start with my stuff, then check with my ISP to see if they are having trouble upstream ( this is rare, but less rare than it being CCP's fault ).

If you still want to do some digging, they have a whole troubleshooting set of tools in the debugger pack(?) I think that even does network tests for you.
Ralph King-Griffin
Lords.Of.Midnight
The Devil's Warrior Alliance
#3 - 2015-04-01 13:54:02 UTC
just for comparison, last time ea was under the same sort of attack their servers went offline for a week,
Tranquillity is usually sorted and ready for the next one in a couple of hours
Johhny Iron
Doomheim
#4 - 2015-04-01 13:57:45 UTC
I've done that before i posted this thread.. i did restarted router, checked cabels, restarted computer, even checked firewalls .. and still didn't worked.. now suddenly i'm ingame... so far so good.. but wtf... i don't want that again to happen Sad i lost my mind there Ugh
Ralph King-Griffin
Lords.Of.Midnight
The Devil's Warrior Alliance
#5 - 2015-04-01 14:38:08 UTC
Johhny Iron wrote:
I've done that before i posted this thread.. i did restarted router, checked cabels, restarted computer, even checked firewalls .. and still didn't worked.. now suddenly i'm ingame... so far so good.. but wtf... i don't want that again to happen Sad i lost my mind there Ugh

just wait till your barrelling twords a war target in a 300mil isk ship and then getting dc'd.

this happens to one of my corporates regularly
Maximus Martinus
Eternal Darkness.
Initiative Mercenaries
#6 - 2015-04-01 16:34:43 UTC
Since the Scylla update I too have noticed frequent "Socket Closed" messages. This may be because I have a slow internet connection and the download on demand is taking time to arrive. On the launcher screen the Play button would be succeeded by the Launching.. button and then after some time revert to Play. Pressing it again would restart the process. Eventually the game would launch and I would have several open "socket closed" windows.

MM

We are here to educate and amuse

Steve Ronuken
Fuzzwork Enterprises
Vote Steve Ronuken for CSM
#7 - 2015-04-01 16:38:43 UTC
Maximus Martinus wrote:
Since the Scylla update I too have noticed frequent "Socket Closed" messages. This may be because I have a slow internet connection and the download on demand is taking time to arrive. On the launcher screen the Play button would be succeeded by the Launching.. button and then after some time revert to Play. Pressing it again would restart the process. Eventually the game would launch and I would have several open "socket closed" windows.

MM

Have you tried changing the setting for downloading everything in the launcher, then restarted the launcher? (the restart is required to make it actually start)

Woo! CSM XI!

Fuzzwork Enterprises

Twitter: @fuzzysteve on Twitter

Paranoid Loyd
#8 - 2015-04-01 17:04:48 UTC
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=4434351

"There is only one authority in this game, and that my friend is violence. The supreme authority upon which all other authority is derived." ISD Max Trix

Fix the Prospect!

Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat
Working Stiffs
#9 - 2015-04-01 17:23:51 UTC
CCP recently changed their DDOS protection to a new provider.

There may be a period of adjustment.
Maximus Martinus
Eternal Darkness.
Initiative Mercenaries
#10 - 2015-04-01 17:36:27 UTC
Steve Ronuken - Is that the tickbox "Download all the resource files"?

MM

We are here to educate and amuse

Phig Neutron
Rubicon Cubism
#11 - 2015-04-01 17:41:39 UTC
TL,DR: It's not just you. And it's not something that usually happens with EVE. So whether it's a temporary bug or an issue caused by a third party, I'm sure it'll get sorted out soon.
Steve Ronuken
Fuzzwork Enterprises
Vote Steve Ronuken for CSM
#12 - 2015-04-01 17:41:41 UTC
Maximus Martinus wrote:
Steve Ronuken - Is that the tickbox "Download all the resource files"?

MM

Yes.

Woo! CSM XI!

Fuzzwork Enterprises

Twitter: @fuzzysteve on Twitter