These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE New Citizens Q&A

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

racial weapon: missiles tutorial. Non existant?

Author
Obsidian Isu
Ganked in the Flank
#1 - 2015-03-31 20:25:26 UTC
Hello,

I have currently 26 hours Played time on this Character, absolutely loving the game. But I hate it when I hit a bump like this and have to dig around quite a bit. I thought I would bring it to the attention of some peeps maybe it is not intended? (From what I gather it is not, but I am so newb right now)

I popped the first few Opportunities, then followed onto the career agents for the "Tutorial" Missions. ( I had no clue this was a tutorial BTW. I thought the opportunities was!?)

So I smash through the Exploration, Industrial and business ones no problem. I then hit the Military Missions. I got to, I think mission 7-10 Advanced. She tasked me with using a missile launcher. Lovely! Very excited. BUT; in red writing the mission text states that if I haven't completed Racial Weapon: missiles tutorial yet then I am to press F12 and select this mission to receive the Ammunition.

Searched and searched for this mission. I came across https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Tutorial Which has the old ( I believe) help tutorial window where you could have a drop down and pick said mission.

I cannot find this tutorial mission and makes me feel like I have missed something somehow. But I have followed everything to the T. only to be given a launcher I cannot use until I find/buy and skill up enough to enable it. Then carry onto the mission. I don't believe this is how it was planned out? Have I missed something?

Thanks for any help on this
L'ouris
Have Naught Subsidiaries
#2 - 2015-03-31 20:36:43 UTC
Obsidian Isu wrote:
... question about if tutorial is broken since it requires him to have something it didn't actually give him ...

Not sure if it helps, but that kind of thing has been happening with the tutorials since... well forever I think Big smile

Even when I started there was a few quirks like that. My advice, don't sweat it as a progression hiccup. just treat it as your first obstacle in the sandbox and find a way to achieve the objective anyways (i.e. buy skillbook, while waiting go explore a wormhole, go see your first bubble camp, or..... mine...... *shudder* for a bit of isk while you wait ).

Obsidian Isu
Ganked in the Flank
#3 - 2015-03-31 21:01:39 UTC
Quote:
Even when I started there was a few quirks like that. My advice, don't sweat it as a progression hiccup. just treat it as your first obstacle in the sandbox and find a way to achieve the objective anyways (i.e. buy skillbook, while waiting go explore a wormhole, go see your first bubble camp, or..... mine...... *shudder* for a bit of isk while you wait ).

Yeah, I just moved on and I am now on the last career mission (Tutorial) got all the skills maxed out and happily using missiles. Just sparks me up a bit thinking that I missed a tutorial mission somehow? So I thought I would bring it to the attention of people to maybe have a look at it :P

Cheers anyways
L'ouris
Have Naught Subsidiaries
#4 - 2015-04-01 00:03:13 UTC
To be fair, a scenario where the game appears busted but you figure out how to get things done anyways could be considered the most valuable tutorial in the process Big smile
Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat
Working Stiffs
#5 - 2015-04-01 00:30:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Tau Cabalander
The tutorials are currently in a state of flux, and bittervets would say the tutorials have always been "fluxed-up".

I personally would petition a GM, and explain why you are stuck. They might be able to help, or offer alternatives, and hopefully will log the fact that something needs to be addressed ASAP!

For what it is worth, I started back before there was a tutorial (Feb 2009, pre-Apocrypha expansion), and I'm still around enjoying myself. I fearlessly left-click / right-click / hover-over everything (button, text, icon, other), to see what happens, and I learn pretty quick.
ergherhdfgh
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#6 - 2015-04-01 01:16:30 UTC
The tutorials don't last very long at all and soon enough you'll have to learn how to figure stuff out anyway. Make friends it is very helpful to have vets that you can ask questions and get answers real time. Either find a noob friendly corp or get in some in game chat channels that are noob friendly or just make some friends.

Hunting around and trying to figure stuff out is just a way of life in eve. If you don't like figuring stuff out this game could get rough for you. But seriously make friends there are plenty of helpful people in this game.

Want to talk? Join Cara's channel in game: House Forelli

Cara Forelli
Caldari Colonial Defense Ministry
Templis CALSF
#7 - 2015-04-01 13:35:52 UTC
Sounds like something that was overlooked in the design of the "opportunities". If you want to help improve the new tutorial you could always post in this thread or file a ticket and let them know it's a bit broken.

Want to talk? Join my channel in game: House Forelli

Titan's Lament