These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

[New structures] Administration Hubs and Advertisement Centers

First post First post
Author
CCP Ytterbium
C C P
C C P Alliance
#1 - 2015-03-23 11:38:25 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Ytterbium
Hello people,

We would like your feedback on the various new structure lines presented during Fanfest and on our latest structure blog.

This particular thread is going to focus on Administration Hubs and Advertisement Centers.

• Administration Hubs affect solar system control and ownership as a whole, like territorial Sovereignty flag, solar system security status modifiers, NPC agent spread and spawn behavior, NPC faction switching or NPC security / police forces.
  • Advertisement Centers have no practical purpose except to show the rest of the universe how big your e-peen is. They focus on text advertisement, billboard functionality, deploying gigantic monuments, and could possibly involve frozen corpses.
xttz
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#2 - 2015-03-23 11:57:53 UTC
With all due credit to a Meta Show idea a couple of weeks ago, what about an Administration Hubs upgrade that introduces wormhole-like effects system-wide? It allows sovereign space to be customised around the owning alliance and introduces opportunity to break the global meta.

Let's say hypothetically there's a very commonly used ship doctrine based around shield-tanking and long-range missiles. A defending alliance about to be invaded could fit their Admin Hubs with system-wide effects that negatively affect shield HP / missile damage, and/or effects that boost their armour-based fleets / EM damage weapons.

This further opens up new room for strategic options or new ship roles on both sides. For example, an attacker could nullify the effect by bringing a Titan along in their fleet, or temporarily disable the structure at a key moment. Defenders could swap the effect unexpectedly and pick a complementary fleet composition.
Querns
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#3 - 2015-03-23 12:12:07 UTC
The administrative hub's potential ability to modify solar system security status is very exciting. I hope that you guys can nail down some specifics on this and share. Nullsec has an average truesec of -0.3 or so, so the prospects of being able to improve the swathes of crap space that infest New Eden has a lot of promise.

Regarding advertisement centers — this is a bit against the grain of "no practical purpose," but how about allowing these services to place a system-wide beacon that anyone can warp to in local? (Like cynos and outposts currently have.) This lets individuals advertise to the system inhabitants that their Seedy POS Dive is available to use (and collect taxes) while simultaneously increasing risk to interdiction / destruction by hostiles.

This post was crafted by the wormhole expert of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal, the foremost authority on Eve: Online economics and gameplay.

fluffy jo
Universal Exports
#4 - 2015-03-23 12:42:50 UTC

Love the new structure idea.

Coming from a POS industry point of view.

I am not looking forward to having wasted 3-4 years’ worth of research on the existing POS gun turrets, missiles, ecm , shield hardeners and warp / web modules and redoing it all with any new structure modules.

Is it possible for CCP to think about reusing the current POS gun turrets, missiles, ecm , shield hardeners and warp / web modules as the new modules to be used in the new Structure fitting process.

The material can be changed as needed.

This will save refunding all the blueprints, and all the existing modules, for all the existing POS guns / missiles etc.

This will also save pilots from having to buy all the new blueprints for the new structure modules and spending time researching them.

I accept the fact that the existing POS tower blueprint and modules will be removed and replaced with all new structure, but to minimise the transition it would be nice to reuse as many existing POS modules as possible.

Cheers

Corraidhin Farsaidh
Singularity Expedition Services
Singularity Syndicate
#5 - 2015-03-23 12:44:50 UTC
fluffy jo wrote:

Love the new structure idea.

Coming from a POS industry point of view.

I am not looking forward to having wasted 3-4 years’ worth of research on the existing POS gun turrets, missiles, ecm , shield hardeners and warp / web modules and redoing it all with any new structure modules.

Is it possible for CCP to think about reusing the current POS gun turrets, missiles, ecm , shield hardeners and warp / web modules as the new modules to be used in the new Structure fitting process.

The material can be changed as needed.

This will save refunding all the blueprints, and all the existing modules, for all the existing POS guns / missiles etc.

This will also save pilots from having to buy all the new blueprints for the new structure modules and spending time researching them.

I accept the fact that the existing POS tower blueprint and modules will be removed and replaced with all new structure, but to minimise the transition it would be nice to reuse as many existing POS modules as possible.

Cheers

Further on this point I'm assuming that the new structures will be constructed using PI goods as existing structures are?
Jeremiah Saken
The Fall of Leviathan
#6 - 2015-03-23 12:52:38 UTC
CCP Ytterbium wrote:
solar system security status modifiers

What is the benefit from security changes?

"I am tormented with an everlasting itch for things remote. I love to sail forbidden seas..." - Herman Melville

ITTigerClawIK
Galactic Rangers
Already Replaced.
#7 - 2015-03-23 12:57:01 UTC
i dont suppose someone could explain this " NPC security force" thing is this like having concord there for everyone or a NPC defence force for the system owners to defend assets ? also "NPC Switching" ? i need some more info on this cause i dont think i get it XD
Elenahina
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#8 - 2015-03-23 12:59:50 UTC
I can only imagine the hilarity of allowing players to advertise on giant billboards.

"Welcome to Paul's Giant House of Cocks! We've got tiny cocks, giant cocks, all the cocks you could ever want. Left at Dodixie, and across from Lena's ***** Wagon Wash."

Eve is like an addiction; you can't quit it until it quits you. Also, iderno

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#9 - 2015-03-23 13:01:04 UTC
I know why we can't have images on the advertisement board.

But please?

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Altrue
Exploration Frontier inc
Tactical-Retreat
#10 - 2015-03-23 13:11:15 UTC
It would be cool to have the ability to quickly anchor / unanchor these things. Long-term advertising is nice (i.e promoting a buyback program at the undock), but the ability to just plant a flag short-term, say for when you're gate-camping, would be cool aswell!

What about the validation process of player-made content? Will it follow the same rules as alliance logos? Or will we be limited to a set of CCP-made images?

Signature Tanking Best Tanking

[Ex-F] CEO - Eve-guides.fr

Ultimate Citadel Guide - 2016 EVE Career Chart

Yroc Jannseen
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#11 - 2015-03-23 14:19:50 UTC
ITTigerClawIK wrote:
i dont suppose someone could explain this " NPC security force" thing is this like having concord there for everyone or a NPC defence force for the system owners to defend assets ? also "NPC Switching" ? i need some more info on this cause i dont think i get it XD

I believe the idea of NPC switching would be to change the native rats from one type to another. IE Deklein which has Guristas, could suddenly have Sansha's.

Part of this would help solve the self sustaining issue. Salvage for example is somewhat regional, because Guristas for example don't drop armor plates or alloyed trit bars. That said salvage is probably one of the easiest items to import/export because of the size.
Dirk Morbho
Mindstar Technology
Goonswarm Federation
#12 - 2015-03-23 15:14:57 UTC
CCP Ytterbium wrote:
Hello people,

• Advertisement Centers have no practical purpose except to show the rest of the universe how big your e-peen is. They focus on text advertisement, billboard functionality, deploying gigantic monuments, and could possibly involve frozen corpses.

So these are coming on Tuesday (Tomorrow)? RIght? RIIIGHT? *RIGHT*???

Cool
Terranid Meester
Tactical Assault and Recon Unit
#13 - 2015-03-23 15:23:51 UTC
Use frozen corpses to create npc security forces like sansha does and/or a drone launching turret/structure that you place drones inside, and then launches them as soon as an bads get into range. So place 100 warrior I's inside of one and it launches them until all are destroyed, if this a feasible thing.
Phoenix Jones
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#14 - 2015-03-23 15:24:17 UTC
If the billboards could play videos, would be awesome (obviously CCP approved)

Yaay!!!!

Dyexz
Comrades in Construction
TOG - The Older Gamers Alliance
#15 - 2015-03-23 15:27:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Dyexz
Jeremiah Saken wrote:
CCP Ytterbium wrote:
solar system security status modifiers

What is the benefit from security changes?

It means that a certain amount of structures could probably change a low-sec into high-sec, from 0.4 up to 0.5 which could potentially give some benefits some places. Try imagine this, as you know Aunenen (0.4 lowsec system) is almost always gatecamped in some way or another. What do you think would happen if it was suddenly turned into 0.5 system, which would mean no more "gatecamps" (I'm sure some would still do it)...

I may be wrong though :S
zar dada
Future Corps
Sleeper Social Club
#16 - 2015-03-23 15:31:32 UTC
Can I put these structures in my wspace system?

What will be the effects in wspace?

Will it name my system or add some info to a map/api?

Can it control what type of structures can be anchored personal / corp / out of corp?
Axloth Okiah
Future Corps
Sleeper Social Club
#17 - 2015-03-23 16:26:18 UTC
Ah, I REALLY want to build a monument in our system with our alliance logo and a humongous pile of frozen corpses!!!
1Robert McNamara1
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#18 - 2015-03-23 16:37:50 UTC  |  Edited by: 1Robert McNamara1
iHubs - Currently the military and industry upgrades don't help the low end sovereignty systems very well. Partly it's due to the security status limiting quantity and quality of PVE / mining sites. What if the iHubs moved the quantity in a linear fashion but quality was still metered by true-sec?

This would mean a level 5 upgrade would make, say 50 PVE sites / 5 Mining sites, no matter the sec-status. Better systems get access to escalations and higher quality ore while low end systems can still support a population of players. Due to escalations popping up everywhere low-end groups have a chance to try and steal from the high end groups whenever the escalation brings them to their space. This already happens in Fountain and other places where NPC stations are a thing.

Advertisements - I want a 'Body collector' that can be placed on grid, it collects corpses and shows a nice pretty readout of how many red / gray / blue corpses it's collected, just a fun way to show how a big fight is going that's too slow to be of tactical relevance but could make for a good screenshot at the end. Once done I can move its cargo to the warning monument at the entrance to my space where people see how other travelers have fared.

Allow marketers to advertise their products / services with caned images and some text on the structures, they maybe rent billboard time from the owning alliance, right clicking gives access to their sales orders/contracts or at least an eve-mail.

If you're worried about the 'time to penis' being too short by letting us upload images / text ourselves take a look at this service to see if it's a cost effective way to farm out the approval process: https://www.mturk.com/mturk/welcome
Akrasjel Lanate
Lanate Industries
#19 - 2015-03-23 17:24:59 UTC
Quote:
Administration Hubs affect solar system control and ownership as a whole, like territorial Sovereignty flag, solar system security status modifiers, NPC agent spread and spawn behavior, NPC faction switching or NPC security / police forces.

"NPC security / police forces" in null, what the point how strong would they be, and in what numbers ?

Quote:
Advertisement Centers have no practical purpose except to show the rest of the universe how big your e-peen is. They focus on text advertisement, billboard functionality, deploying gigantic monuments, and could possibly involve frozen corpses.

Advertisement Centers is a nice idea.
Deploying gigantic monuments - what type x amount of premade designs.

CEO of Lanate Industries

Citizen of Solitude

Jenn aSide
Shinigami Miners
Already Replaced.
#20 - 2015-03-23 17:34:38 UTC
CCP Ytterbium wrote:

• Administration Hubs affect solar system control and ownership as a whole, like territorial Sovereignty flag, solar system security status modifiers, NPC agent spread and spawn behavior, NPC faction switching or NPC security / police forces.

• Don't want to read to much into that, i know you guys are just starting, but could their be any thought about replacing anomalies with sov null mission agents of some kind.

Anoms were basicalyl press-ganged into being the center of the Dominion Sov system's military upgrades, and while I am a constant anom farmer, anoms are horrible for this.

They spew liquid isk (great for my wallet, horrible for the game), are predicable and semi-afk-able, and only a few of them are good. The good thing about anoms is that they escalate sometimes, forcing a player to leave a system for a bit is they want better rewards, but this is also a problem because those escalations are now farmable because of the change to escalation chances meaning the rewards are worth less as time goes on.

Missions (even FW style missions with visible beacons) would be soooo much better over all, it would require pilots to do more than "warp to next anom, deploy drones, turn on ecm burst to keep aggro off drones, watch local" and people could still do anomalies just they wouldn't respawn and if you wanted to farm anoms you'd have to go to a new system once the natural ones in one system are gone. Missions also make you fly through gates instead of how anoms let you sit in one systems the whole time unless they escalate. Missions could help the economy because the LP they pay could be an additional isk sink (and i think SOV null agents would have to be 'new' not just empire faction agents transplanted to null).

It could also help null grunt income because missions , unlike anoms, could be blitzed meaning better mission runners would make more than average runners would, as it is now there is very little difference between a skilled player in an afktar and a dude who just trainined an ishtar lol, their income is about the same.

While this might be beyond the scope of what y'all are doing, i hope some of this is being considered at least.
    123Next pageLast page