These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Station docking WH-like polarity timers

Author
bonkerss
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2015-03-23 11:25:33 UTC
Hello there

Ccp should add a polarity timer similar to the wh one to stations. If you dock/undock to often you get polarised and are not able to redock for 2 minutes.

Mournful Conciousness
Embers Children
#2 - 2015-03-23 11:41:43 UTC
And stations should charge docking fees that increase the more you use them within a given time.

Embers Children is recruiting carefully selected pilots who like wormholes, green killboards and the sweet taste of tears. You can convo me in game or join the chat "TOHA Lounge".

vikari
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#3 - 2015-03-23 12:13:01 UTC
Can we call it "docking fatigue" and tell people, that getting in and out of their pod is just to much work?
Mournful Conciousness
Embers Children
#4 - 2015-03-23 12:33:38 UTC
It's actually more realistic than that. The station, and its space traffic controllers, is a finite resource. The station needs to be maintained and the controllers need to be paid. People who put a large burden on them should surely pay, no?

At an airport, the aeroplane's operator must pay for each take-off and landing. In addition, large aircraft carrying passengers or fright are given priority over privately owned small planes, because they pay more, and more often (amongst other reasons).

Why not the same in a space-port?

You want to dock and are happy to wait your turn? No problem.

You want an immediate dock (inconveniencing everyone) because you aggressed someone and you're too much of a pussy to fight in what you've got? Fine. Pay, or GTFO!

Seems reasonable to me.

Embers Children is recruiting carefully selected pilots who like wormholes, green killboards and the sweet taste of tears. You can convo me in game or join the chat "TOHA Lounge".

Corraidhin Farsaidh
Singularity Expedition Services
Singularity Syndicate
#5 - 2015-03-23 12:48:04 UTC
Wouldn't this simply exacerbate the current station games? If you won't be able to redock before being vaporized pilots will simply not undock if they know someone is waiting for them.

Undock once, see a vicious slavering (as much as you can slaver in a pod filled with goo) hoard of blobbed up psychopaths waiting for you, redock, know you can't undock and redock again anytime soon so log off and log in a hisec alt in an NPC corp.
Danika Princip
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#6 - 2015-03-23 13:16:36 UTC
If you don't like station games, don't play station games.
Agondray
Avenger Mercenaries
VOID Intergalactic Forces
#7 - 2015-03-23 13:57:23 UTC
I can see this as a good use against station games in all sec, but someone shouldn't be penalized if they undocked with out their freight or accept a mission etc. then itll just be an annoyance where you have to sit there and stare at the station docking door for 2 mins or spend more isk. also I can see paying per docking to increase all prices on the market as industrialist will have to cover up the cost of docking as the shuttle ore back and forth, or traders get charged as they go from station to station.

"Sarcasm is the Recourse of a weak mind." -Dr. Smith

Donnachadh
United Allegiance of Undesirables
#8 - 2015-03-24 01:20:33 UTC
I work with new players a lot and docking / un-docking as often as once every 2 minutes or so is not all that uncommon as I need to change ships, forgot to accept a mission, need to get something from a corp hanger and the list goes on. With your terrible idea I would spend far more time in stations waiting out your stupid timer than I would in space playing the game.

The idea of paying docking fees is like wise a terrible idea that would hit new players the hardest. Vets would not care as we have enough ISK that it would not present a problem. Charging this on the indy characters would drive prices higher as they would simply pass the fees onto buyers.
Baali Tekitsu
AQUILA INC
Verge of Collapse
#9 - 2015-03-24 01:22:52 UTC
So did the evil battlenereus bait u?

RATE LIKE SUBSCRIBE

Krops Vont
#10 - 2015-03-24 16:02:52 UTC
Danika Princip wrote:

Or we copy elite dangerous and dock manually. Though I don't know how my rev will fit back in.

--==Services==--

Propaganda/Art/Media

Wormhole Finding & Selling

o/ Play for fun

Corraidhin Farsaidh
Singularity Expedition Services
Singularity Syndicate
#11 - 2015-03-24 16:12:05 UTC
Krops Vont wrote:
Danika Princip wrote:

Or we copy elite dangerous and dock manually. Though I don't know how my rev will fit back in.

Obviously you'd breathe in as you got close to the docking bay entrance...
Reina Xyaer
Tha Lench Mob
#12 - 2015-03-24 16:44:06 UTC
Danika Princip wrote:

Danika Princip... once again, all change is bad of course.

OP is 100% correct, docking games should be discouraged by game mechanics.

Undocking and staying undocked (being active in space) should be encouraged.

I think there should definitely be some kind of limit on docking/undocking. I think players should not be able to just undock repeatedly, over and over and over again, with no risk.

I don't know what that mechanic should be, but I think there should be something. Combat should favor the people who are already undocked, and stay undocked.