These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page
 

Will CCP be hiring Marmites ?

First post
Author
Tora Bushido
G0P-ST0P
P I R A T
#1 - 2015-03-22 18:08:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Tora Bushido
Fanfest 2015 was awesome and I'll be going to Fanfest 2016 to join the fun. Looking at all the twitch streams I noticed one nice presentation by CCP Rise.

Have a look at these 4 slides from this presentation :

One, two, three and four.

CCP Rise says : People who die play longer (Talking about new players in Eve)

Since Marmites is one of the alliances who probably kills most of the players in high-sec (like RvB, Eve Uni, Forsaken Asylum, etc), should CCP be hiring us ? it will keep more newbro's in the game. Blink


Tora

The Marmite Collective aka CCP's Isk Sink aka CCP Keep Newbro's in Game.

DELETE THE WEAK, ADAPT OR DIE !

Meta Gaming Level VII, Psycho Warfare Level X, Smack Talk Level VII.

Leto Thule
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#2 - 2015-03-22 18:15:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Leto Thule
It was a good time.

The PvP room needs a re-imagining... The line for Valkyrie was always 2 hours or longer.... A ticket system would be nice. That would make it so you didn't miss half the content to see a ten minute demo.

The presentation on diplomacy given by scion from goonswarm was beyond great... Maybe one of the best public speakers I have seen...

Hopefully I'll be allowed to go next time.

Edit: the PvP room also only allows certain fits for eve PvP. Pretty much only BC's with limited options. Would be nice if they expanded on that.

Thunderdome ringmaster, Community Leader and Lord Inquisitor to the Court of Crime and Punishment

Veers Belvar
Swordmasters of New Eden
#3 - 2015-03-22 18:41:46 UTC
Presumably CCP means that players who experience PvP combat where they have a chance of winning and inflicting real losses on other other side. Not getting curbstompped by hopelessly better funded, equipped, skilled, and numbed marmite campers.
Mobadder Thworst
Doomheim
#4 - 2015-03-22 19:09:18 UTC
Veers Belvar wrote:
Presumably CCP means that players who experience PvP combat where they have a chance of winning and inflicting real losses on other other side. Not getting curbstompped by hopelessly better funded, equipped, skilled, and numbed marmite campers.


Uhh... the study says "in the first 15 days of play." It's not other 15 day olds getting those retention numbers.

I wonder if I'll get a "retention" award...
Tora Bushido
G0P-ST0P
P I R A T
#5 - 2015-03-22 19:09:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Tora Bushido
Veers Belvar wrote:
Presumably CCP means that players who experience PvP combat where they have a chance of winning and inflicting real losses on other other side. Not getting curbstompped by hopelessly better funded, equipped, skilled, and numbed marmite campers.
What you see is what you get. They made the same wrong assumptions as you did, but were man enough to admit it after proper research. Blink

Wars and Ganking are good for Eve..... Let's buff it and make Eve an even better place. \\Pirate//

http://www.twitch.tv/ccp/b/639617004 - Starts at 3:15

DELETE THE WEAK, ADAPT OR DIE !

Meta Gaming Level VII, Psycho Warfare Level X, Smack Talk Level VII.

Dsparil
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#6 - 2015-03-22 19:37:50 UTC
Tora Bushido wrote:
Veers Belvar wrote:
Presumably CCP means that players who experience PvP combat where they have a chance of winning and inflicting real losses on other other side. Not getting curbstompped by hopelessly better funded, equipped, skilled, and numbed marmite campers.
What you see is what you get. They made the same wrong assumptions as you did, but were man enough to admit it after proper research. Blink

Wars and Ganking are good for Eve..... Let's buff it and make Eve an even better place. \\Pirate//

http://www.twitch.tv/ccp/b/639617004 - Starts at 3:15




agreed. They new to roll back some of the mechanics in high sec and quit mommy-coddling people.
Veers Belvar
Swordmasters of New Eden
#7 - 2015-03-22 20:21:37 UTC
Tora Bushido wrote:
Veers Belvar wrote:
Presumably CCP means that players who experience PvP combat where they have a chance of winning and inflicting real losses on other other side. Not getting curbstompped by hopelessly better funded, equipped, skilled, and numbed marmite campers.
What you see is what you get. They made the same wrong assumptions as you did, but were man enough to admit it after proper research. Blink

Wars and Ganking are good for Eve..... Let's buff it and make Eve an even better place. \\Pirate//

http://www.twitch.tv/ccp/b/639617004 - Starts at 3:15



getting smashed up by marmite gatecampers who dock up at the first sign of a fair fight is certainly not good for eve. And it seems that the CSM vote tallies confirmed that.
Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#8 - 2015-03-22 20:28:42 UTC
Tora Bushido wrote:
Veers Belvar wrote:
Presumably CCP means that players who experience PvP combat where they have a chance of winning and inflicting real losses on other other side. Not getting curbstompped by hopelessly better funded, equipped, skilled, and numbed marmite campers.
What you see is what you get. They made the same wrong assumptions as you did, but were man enough to admit it after proper research. Blink

Wars and Ganking are good for Eve..... Let's buff it and make Eve an even better place. \\Pirate//

http://www.twitch.tv/ccp/b/639617004 - Starts at 3:15
It doesn't match his own personal misconceptions, therefore it doesn't exist. For someone that claims to be intelligent he doesn't show much evidence of it Twisted

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Veers Belvar
Swordmasters of New Eden
#9 - 2015-03-22 20:33:55 UTC
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
Tora Bushido wrote:
Veers Belvar wrote:
Presumably CCP means that players who experience PvP combat where they have a chance of winning and inflicting real losses on other other side. Not getting curbstompped by hopelessly better funded, equipped, skilled, and numbed marmite campers.
What you see is what you get. They made the same wrong assumptions as you did, but were man enough to admit it after proper research. Blink

Wars and Ganking are good for Eve..... Let's buff it and make Eve an even better place. \\Pirate//

http://www.twitch.tv/ccp/b/639617004 - Starts at 3:15
It doesn't match his own personal misconceptions, therefore it doesn't exist. For someone that claims to be intelligent he doesn't show much evidence of it Twisted


Yes Jonah - the fact that some interest pvp combat, with chances for both sides, can be beneficial for new player retention, must imply that marmite curbstomps are good for the game. Roll

Honestly, I preferred you when you engaged in your little profanity laced tirade before going on hiatus....at least that Jonah had comedic value.
Tora Bushido
G0P-ST0P
P I R A T
#10 - 2015-03-22 20:40:17 UTC
Veers Belvar wrote:
getting smashed up by marmite gatecampers who dock up at the first sign of a fair fight is certainly not good for eve. And it seems that the CSM vote tallies confirmed that.
Your opinion is irrelevant, as its overruled by CCP facts. Deal with it.

DELETE THE WEAK, ADAPT OR DIE !

Meta Gaming Level VII, Psycho Warfare Level X, Smack Talk Level VII.

Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#11 - 2015-03-22 20:50:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Jonah Gravenstein
Veers Belvar wrote:
Yes Jonah - the fact that some interest pvp combat, with chances for both sides, can be beneficial for new player retention,
Where did I say otherwise?

Quote:
must imply that marmite curbstomps are good for the game. Roll
You're seeing things that aren't there, I suggest that you pull your head out of your backside. I took Tora's suggestion as some tongue in cheek humour, something you appear to be vastly ignorant of.

Quote:
Honestly, I preferred you when you engaged in your little profanity laced tirade before going on hiatus....at least that Jonah had comedic value.
I'm not here to entertain you.

Everything I said about you before my hiatus remains true, you're an arrogant know-it-all with an overly inflated opinion of yourself, one who is incredibly disconnected from the reality of Eve being a purely PvP orientated environment.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Veers Belvar
Swordmasters of New Eden
#12 - 2015-03-22 20:51:58 UTC
Tora Bushido wrote:
Veers Belvar wrote:
getting smashed up by marmite gatecampers who dock up at the first sign of a fair fight is certainly not good for eve. And it seems that the CSM vote tallies confirmed that.
Your opinion is irrelevant, as its overruled by CCP facts. Deal with it.


Nowhere did CCP convey that one sided Marmite curbstompings are in any way good for the game. All they do is encourage corp dropping and social isolation, and make highsec less fun for everyone. Bravo.
Leto Thule
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#13 - 2015-03-22 20:52:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Leto Thule
Veers Belvar wrote:
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
Tora Bushido wrote:
Veers Belvar wrote:
Presumably CCP means that players who experience PvP combat where they have a chance of winning and inflicting real losses on other other side. Not getting curbstompped by hopelessly better funded, equipped, skilled, and numbed marmite campers.
What you see is what you get. They made the same wrong assumptions as you did, but were man enough to admit it after proper research. Blink

Wars and Ganking are good for Eve..... Let's buff it and make Eve an even better place. \\Pirate//

http://www.twitch.tv/ccp/b/639617004 - Starts at 3:15
It doesn't match his own personal misconceptions, therefore it doesn't exist. For someone that claims to be intelligent he doesn't show much evidence of it Twisted


Yes Jonah - the fact that some interest pvp combat, with chances for both sides, can be beneficial for new player retention, must imply that marmite curbstomps are good for the game. Roll

Honestly, I preferred you when you engaged in your little profanity laced tirade before going on hiatus....at least that Jonah had comedic value.


You are joking right? Johnas' posts are some of the most well written on these forums.

And yes, marmite gatrcampers are good for eve.

Allow me to explain before you dismiss this....

For me, there is no fun in the game unless there is risk. Undocking, shooting red crosses, and docking back up really isn't fun. Now, if I need to worry about being squashed by an oppressive, strong, well funded machine... Well it gives me the danger... It gives me the "oh ****" feeling that we all hate to love. It also teaches those that get caught and destroyed how to avoid it in the future... Some even end up joining the ranks....

Just my thoughts. I'm sure you won't agree.

Edit: stupid phone autocorrect

Thunderdome ringmaster, Community Leader and Lord Inquisitor to the Court of Crime and Punishment

Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#14 - 2015-03-22 20:58:22 UTC
Leto Thule wrote:
You are joking right? Johnas' posts are some of the most well written on these forums.
Your praise for my forum habits needs to be more effusive if you want paying... Twisted

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Danalee
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#15 - 2015-03-22 21:02:08 UTC
I try to avoid feeding the trolls, yet I'd like to state, for the record et all that;

- Marmites don't strive to interact negatively with new players. (You'll have to take my word for it, go figure Roll)
- Marmites in general help and support new players on a regular basis.

- In some threads, Veers says Marmites are ineffective.
- In this thread, Veers says Marmites go around and 'curbstomp'Question people (so ARE in fact effective).

- In this thread, Veers says Facts, numbers and statistics are not relevant.
- in this thread, Veers says his truths are the only ones that matter.

To all who can read, my above claims are easily verifiable. Now go and conclude what's obvious.

Thanks.

D.

Creating content since 1976 Bear

Proud member of the Somalian Coast Guard Authority

Member and Juror of the Court of Crime and Punishment

Leto Thule
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#16 - 2015-03-22 21:08:00 UTC
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
Leto Thule wrote:
You are joking right? Johnas' posts are some of the most well written on these forums.
Your praise for my forum habits needs to be more effusive if you want paying... Twisted


Hah, I am not for sale, good sir. I just call it like I see it. You have a habit of using proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation. Merely one of those traits is troublesome enough for most to achieve.

Obsequiously,

Leto

Thunderdome ringmaster, Community Leader and Lord Inquisitor to the Court of Crime and Punishment

Veers Belvar
Swordmasters of New Eden
#17 - 2015-03-22 21:45:30 UTC
Danalee wrote:
I try to avoid feeding the trolls, yet I'd like to state, for the record et all that;

- Marmites don't strive to interact negatively with new players. (You'll have to take my word for it, go figure Roll)
- Marmites in general help and support new players on a regular basis.

- In some threads, Veers says Marmites are ineffective.
- In this thread, Veers says Marmites go around and 'curbstomp'Question people (so ARE in fact effective).

- In this thread, Veers says Facts, numbers and statistics are not relevant.
- in this thread, Veers says his truths are the only ones that matter.

To all who can read, my above claims are easily verifiable. Now go and conclude what's obvious.

Thanks.

D.

Creating content since 1976 Bear


Roll

Much like the rest of the griefers, Marmite are effective against new players and pathetic vets. They have no impact on good players like me who just roll corp.

The rest of your post is, well, nonsense.
Danalee
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#18 - 2015-03-22 21:52:05 UTC
Only one griefer derailing this thread buddy.

Tora Bushido wrote:
Fanfest 2015 was awesome and I'll be going to Fanfest 2016 to join the fun. Looking at all the twitch streams I noticed one nice presentation by CCP Rise.

Have a look at these 4 slides from this presentation :

One, two, three and four.

CCP Rise says : People who die play longer (Talking about new players in Eve)

Since Marmites is one of the alliances who probably kills most of the players in high-sec (like RvB, Eve Uni, Forsaken Asylum, etc), should CCP be hiring us ? it will keep more newbro's in the game. Blink


Tora

The Marmite Collective aka CCP's Isk Sink aka CCP Keep Newbro's in Game.

Proud member of the Somalian Coast Guard Authority

Member and Juror of the Court of Crime and Punishment

Veers Belvar
Swordmasters of New Eden
#19 - 2015-03-22 21:56:00 UTC
Danalee wrote:
Only one griefer derailing this thread buddy.

Tora Bushido wrote:
Fanfest 2015 was awesome and I'll be going to Fanfest 2016 to join the fun. Looking at all the twitch streams I noticed one nice presentation by CCP Rise.

Have a look at these 4 slides from this presentation :

One, two, three and four.

CCP Rise says : People who die play longer (Talking about new players in Eve)

Since Marmites is one of the alliances who probably kills most of the players in high-sec (like RvB, Eve Uni, Forsaken Asylum, etc), should CCP be hiring us ? it will keep more newbro's in the game. Blink


Tora

The Marmite Collective aka CCP's Isk Sink aka CCP Keep Newbro's in Game.



Ya, asking for evidence that dying to a mamite gatecamp where you are hopelessly outnumbered, outgunned, and outskilled, and have no hope of hurting the other side, actually improves player retention (a direct response to OP), is a derail. Nice catch.
Leto Thule
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#20 - 2015-03-22 22:00:11 UTC
Veers Belvar wrote:


Ya, asking for evidence that dying to a mamite gatecamp where you are hopelessly outnumbered, outgunned, and outskilled, and have no hope of hurting the other side, actually improves player retention (a direct response to OP), is a derail. Nice catch.


Um, I answered.

Thunderdome ringmaster, Community Leader and Lord Inquisitor to the Court of Crime and Punishment

123Next pageLast page