These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Make it possible to make money with pvp (player bounties?)

Author
bonkerss
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2015-03-21 11:14:57 UTC
After playing eve for many years and doing a lot of pve grinding I just can't stand it anymore. On the other hand is still love pvp a lot.

I would love to see some default bounties added to all players so you can make some isk while shooting them. It would help that bounties on players are paid out on a per player basis and not shared with the fleet.

To reduce abuse of killing yourself bounties can only be claimed inside lowwsec, 0.0 or wh space and only from characters not associated with your account (no alts). Bounties can only be claimed once a day and are reset on dt.

I'm aware that pvp can be lucrative if you are quick to loot the wrecks. But this is mainly only possible for the people flying fast tackle.
Iain Cariaba
#2 - 2015-03-21 15:18:16 UTC
So when I get a really high bounty, I just pod myself with an alt and collect the bounties for myself? This is why bounty payouts were nerfed to begin with.
Lugh Crow-Slave
#3 - 2015-03-21 15:31:42 UTC
bonkerss wrote:

To reduce abuse of killing yourself bounties can only be claimed inside lowwsec, 0.0 or wh space and only from characters not associated with your account (no alts). Bounties can only be claimed once a day and are reset on dt.

because its so hard to get to LS and no one has friendsRoll
Iain Cariaba
#4 - 2015-03-21 15:55:47 UTC
bonkerss wrote:

My bad, didn't see this part the first time.

1. Oh look, there's lowsec 4 jumps from Jita, wormholes scattered all over highsec, and even a few gates that go directly from highsec to null. So difficult to just hop through one of these, pod my high bounty alt, and hop back before any potential hostiles even know I'm there.
2. I have corpmates who have alts not in my current corp. They'll be happy to help me divest myself of a bounty, even more so if I toss them a little isk.
3. Reset on downtime? With this idea, I could rack up all the bounty I wanted to, only to have it matter less than it does now. If I didn't have an alt, or a corpmates alt, clear my bounty before I logged for the night, it would just go away anyway overnight.
Anhenka
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#5 - 2015-03-21 16:31:16 UTC
Guys you are interpreting it wrong.

He wants us to have bounties. Like NPC's.

Nobody would have to put a bounty on you, you would have one that magically regenerates each downtime.

Oh and it wouldn't be shared, either everyone participating on the kill would get the full bounty or just the last hitter, it's not clear.

Ok, serious time.

Whut? No. I am not a rat.

Iain Cariaba
#6 - 2015-03-21 16:41:44 UTC
Anhenka wrote:

I thought I heard a squeak in there. P
Paranoid Loyd
#7 - 2015-03-21 16:42:51 UTC
Lets create a huge isk faucet \o/ Roll

"There is only one authority in this game, and that my friend is violence. The supreme authority upon which all other authority is derived." ISD Max Trix

Fix the Prospect!

elitatwo
Zansha Expansion
Brave Collective
#8 - 2015-03-21 17:08:57 UTC
I thought you get paid for entering faction warfare and killing the other side?

Eve Minions is recruiting.

This is the law of ship progression!

Aura sound-clips: Aura forever

Hopelesshobo
Hoboland
#9 - 2015-03-21 18:18:47 UTC
Step 1: Make a bunch of alts
Step 2: Set the alts medical clone to a lowsec station
Step 3: Log the alts in and undock them in rookie ships
Step 4: Profit

Lowering the average to make you look better since 2012.

Lugh Crow-Slave
#10 - 2015-03-21 20:19:22 UTC
Anhenka wrote:
Guys you are interpreting it wrong.

He wants us to have bounties. Like NPC's.

Nobody would have to put a bounty on you, you would have one that magically regenerates each downtime.

Oh and it wouldn't be shared, either everyone participating on the kill would get the full bounty or just the last hitter, it's not clear.

Ok, serious time.

it still has all of the same problems just this way it also becomes an isk faucet
Celthric Kanerian
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#11 - 2015-03-21 20:34:52 UTC
You want more than you already get? Do remember to loot the enemy ship after killing em... often they carry tasty t2 equipment
Baali Tekitsu
AQUILA INC
Verge of Collapse
#12 - 2015-03-21 20:51:12 UTC
Its entirely possible to make isk with pvp, a large portion of my income is selling faction loot I somehow got in PvP. Get good.

RATE LIKE SUBSCRIBE

Daichi Yamato
Jabbersnarks and Wonderglass
#13 - 2015-03-21 23:03:42 UTC
- Attack logistics, miners and ratters.

- Become a serious Merc.

- Siege POS's with assets.

EVE FAQ "7.2 CAN I AVOID PVP COMPLETELY? No; there are no systems or locations in New Eden where PvP may be completely avoided"

Daichi Yamato's version of structure based decs

Fifth Blade
Jump Drive Appreciation Society
#14 - 2015-03-21 23:28:06 UTC  |  Edited by: Fifth Blade
I'm not going to critique the suggestion (everyone else has already done that) or make assumptions about your pvp capability (since I do not know it).
But I must ask, why are you grinding pve for Isk?
That is the single most effort activity for the least reward. A terribly inefficient grind. It is quite literally the bottom of the food chain. You can make far more, far easier from other players. And people are inherently irrational. Use that to your advantage.
Koebmand
Silverflames
#15 - 2015-03-21 23:29:37 UTC
If you want to shoot anything you see, go play CoD, WoT etc.

Eve is a deeper game, pick your targets so they make sense.
Memphis Baas
#16 - 2015-03-22 00:38:37 UTC
Bounties won't work.

CCP could code some server-side killboard that keeps track of your K/D ratios (much like the web based killboards do), and rewards you LP's for your kill stats. So you can fight and kill whomever you want (suicide ganks, piracy, declared wars, sov warfare, whatever), and get LP income for participation and for wins.

Your prey also gets some LP for participation, which should encourage everyone to go out and shoot people in the face, or at the very least not be so afraid of being shot. They could even replace the ship insurance system with it.
Lienzo
Amanuensis
#17 - 2015-03-22 00:43:16 UTC
This kinda makes sense from a red queen effect. However, I think I'd rather see changes in the relationship between NPC payouts and Concord instead. Moving things incrementally away from faucets and over to zero sum gain systems generally improves immersion.

I would even favor making bounty payments on players and organizations a two part system. Given that most npcs drop dogtags, then we could have appropriate agencies pay out for them rather than a direct payment from concord. ESS will need to be tweaked, but no one will really notice any deprecation.

We could trade them for LP, or sell them directly to other players. Possibly, we could explore the trading LP with NPCs directly or indirectly for isk since we do need faucets if sinks aren't ameliorated. Trading LP for skillbooks would help close the gap by a wide margin.

Short of having bounties being restricted to friendlies, we could perhaps see a tiered dogtag system based on hull quality.

For players, I'd rather see pods give a flat set of dogtags. For hulls, we just replace some of the existing salvage with faction specific loot. T1 salvage would still be different from T2 salvage. Ideally, S/M/L/XL salvage would have a size difference as well as be tied to a corp or alliance. It gets people in space, but it would be a database heavy solution.

We should be looking at the specific reasons why alliances and corps don't put bounties on their rivals. Part of it is that people don't like to get notifications. The other part is that non-blues also get those payouts, severely blunting their utility to galvanize members.

Players could actually solve a lot of this problem themselves if CCP gave them a free hand with API operations, and swung the banhammer with a little more reservation. Perhaps if we had an offline client which allowed us to send isk between corporate wallets, we could implement some API based payouts for active and successful combat pilots. Player organizations could get around CCP entirely by creating their own LP systems. 3rd party groups could also use corporate level financing to reward OOG tokens with independent services like gambling sites, but that requires even more laxity from CCP when it comes to settling accounts or discharging IG debits and credits. Another inhouse option alliances could utilize would be to comp centralized service providers like jump freighter services. Any service provider that can handle centralized accounting could probably use this approach, but it wouldn't solve the challenge for large swathes of the playerbase.