These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Dev blog: CSM X Candidacy Period Opens Now!

First post First post
Author
C C P Alliance
#1 - 2015-01-30 11:31:01 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Phantom
The candicay period for the CSM X is open now until February 15, 2015. You can submit your application here. The voting for the various candidates and for the CSM X then starts on February 25th.

Please also take your time to learn more about the CSM 9 and review the recent CSM summit at the CCP headquarters.

Check out CCP Leeloo's latest dev blog CSM X Candidacy Period Opens Now! for all the details about the CSM X candidacy period.

CCP Phantom - Senior Community Developer

Otherworld Empire
#2 - 2015-01-30 11:56:40 UTC
Announce yourself like you've never announced yourself before.

★★★ Secure 3rd party service ★★★

Visit my in-game channel 'Holy Veldspar'

Twitter @ChribbaVeldspar

Vote Steve Ronuken for CSM
#3 - 2015-01-30 12:49:06 UTC
Whee!

CSM X, here I come. (hopefully. Please vote for me. Smile )

Woo! CSM XI!

Fuzzwork Enterprises

Twitter: @fuzzysteve on Twitter

Gallente Federation
#4 - 2015-01-30 18:11:02 UTC
grumble grumble where the heck did I leave my passport scan?

I mean woohoo

And they're off!

(mispent youth at the track)

m

Mike Azariah  ┬──┬ ¯|(ツ)

#5 - 2015-01-30 18:53:47 UTC
Glad to have the opportunity to run for CSM X on behalf of solo players as well as players from micro-corps, and good luck to all candidates!

Candidate for CSM XII

#6 - 2015-01-30 19:47:52 UTC
Lemmings cast your votes.

I vote for non of the above.
Caldari State
#7 - 2015-01-30 20:08:47 UTC
Go CCP Leeloo!
C C P Alliance
#8 - 2015-01-30 20:34:32 UTC
Marlona Sky wrote:
Go CCP Leeloo!

CCP Leeloo | Community Developer | @ccp_leeloo | leeloo@ccpgames.com

Gallente Federation
#9 - 2015-01-30 21:17:09 UTC
SPIONKOP wrote:
Lemmings cast your votes.

I vote for non of the above.


I don't know if he is running, this year. He did in past years. Yes, a character has that name.

m

Mike Azariah  ┬──┬ ¯|(ツ)

#10 - 2015-01-30 22:09:52 UTC
XENURIA FOR CSM
#11 - 2015-01-31 06:51:39 UTC
any proposed dates of the summits? my schedule is pretty open but I can see a few rather big important clashes in the next 8 months or so. Also I suppose a good question would be how long is a CSM term these days? There seem to have been a few changes since CSM1. Given the last CSM was announced at fanfest it appears to be about a 1 year term?

@ChainsawPlankto on twitter

Gallente Federation
#12 - 2015-01-31 07:20:34 UTC
Chainsaw Plankton wrote:
any proposed dates of the summits? my schedule is pretty open but I can see a few rather big important clashes in the next 8 months or so. Also I suppose a good question would be how long is a CSM term these days? There seem to have been a few changes since CSM1. Given the last CSM was announced at fanfest it appears to be about a 1 year term?


Goiing from history, summer is later aug or early sept

winter is January

end of term is the next fanfest, whether they stick to march or not I do not know. so sometimes between march and may

but that is all based on past patterns

m

Mike Azariah  ┬──┬ ¯|(ツ)

#13 - 2015-01-31 20:50:53 UTC
CCP games wrote:
Please read the following before you decide to apply.

The Council of Stellar Management is a democratically elected institution of fourteen EVE players that is chosen annually.
Members of the CSM are in close and constant contact with EVE Development. Twice a year we host CSM summits.


Please also read the following before you decide to apply.

The Council of Stellar Management is formed after the infamous t20 incident.

A certain member of the EVE Online development team was using his position to give a player corporation he belong to an unfair advantage.

During a fairly routine run, Kugutsumen uncovered a story that's been circulating the internet, a story about cheating.

Kugutsumen was able to uncover who the owner was of the in game character. After doing some digging, he determined the person to be CCP t20 a core EVE developer.

He gave the Reikoku corporation 10 BPOs, (Blue Print Originals).
BPOs are worth billions in EVE's in-game currency, and can be a powerful moneymaker for an alliance, as well as an easy way for them to build ships without paying outside producers.

Kugutsumen was banned from the Eve Online universe for violating the game's terms of service and end-user license agreement by revealing t20's real name.

Eventually, the call for action became too loud to ignore, and CCP began an internal investigation into what happened.

CCP took a sound PR beating on every venue imaginable, partially due to the incident itself, and partially due to the banning.

Their decision ended up being the formation of a player-elected council that would serve as a sort of advisory group to the CCP team.

Called the Council of Stellar Management.


sources:

http://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/on-recent-allegations/

http://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/the-commitment/

http://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/ccps-director-of-internal-affairs-an-introduction/


Eve online is :

A) mining simulator B) glorified chatroom C) spreadsheets online

D) CCP Games Pay to Win at skill leveling, with instant gratification

http://eve-radio.com//images/photos/3419/223/34afa0d7998f0a9a86f737d6.jpg

http://bit.ly/1egr4mF

#14 - 2015-02-01 06:14:30 UTC
Preparing my formal application now.

I support the New Order and CODE. alliance. www.minerbumping.com

#15 - 2015-02-02 04:48:38 UTC
Jenshae Chiroptera wrote:
This is an interview.
Look at the different people that are applying for this job.

All you need to ask yourself is this:
  • Will this person try and help CCP in their efforts to make the game more balanced and think outside of the box for new and innovative ways to play?

If you vote for someone based on their alliance, whether you like them personally or on some reputation as a player, you will be doing EVE a disservice and shooting yourself in the foot.
That is the essential problem with democracy. Incompetent people are winning elections based upon charisma and social connections.

You deserve the CSM group that you vote in to the jobs.
That is all.

CCP - Building ant hills and magnifying glasses for fat kids

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

#16 - 2015-02-02 18:05:43 UTC
I am looking forward to this.
Caldari State
#17 - 2015-02-02 18:37:45 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Leeloo
Freelancer117 wrote:
CCP games wrote:
Please read the following before you decide to apply.

The Council of Stellar Management is a democratically elected institution of fourteen EVE players that is chosen annually.
Members of the CSM are in close and constant contact with EVE Development. Twice a year we host CSM summits.


Please also read the following before you decide to apply.

The Council of Stellar Management is formed after the infamous t20 incident.

A certain member of the EVE Online development team was using his position to give a player corporation he belong to an unfair advantage.

During a fairly routine run, Kugutsumen uncovered a story that's been circulating the internet, a story about cheating.

Kugutsumen was able to uncover who the owner was of the in game character. After doing some digging, he determined the person to be CCP t20 a core EVE developer.

He gave the Reikoku corporation 10 BPOs, (Blue Print Originals).
BPOs are worth billions in EVE's in-game currency, and can be a powerful moneymaker for an alliance, as well as an easy way for them to build ships without paying outside producers.

Kugutsumen was banned from the Eve Online universe for violating the game's terms of service and end-user license agreement by revealing t20's real name.

Eventually, the call for action became too loud to ignore, and CCP began an internal investigation into what happened.

CCP took a sound PR beating on every venue imaginable, partially due to the incident itself, and partially due to the banning.

Their decision ended up being the formation of a player-elected council that would serve as a sort of advisory group to the CCP team.

Called the Council of Stellar Management.


sources:

http://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/on-recent-allegations/

http://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/the-commitment/

http://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/ccps-director-of-internal-affairs-an-introduction/




awwww those were the daze ! it brings a tear to my as I harken back to the good old days of how things were then when you really could [Please be careful with the language – CCP Leeloo]
Minmatar Republic
#18 - 2015-02-02 21:26:01 UTC
This should be interesting...

I have submitted for candidacy and sent my passport...hmmmm...not so unlike applying for a new corp ;)

...wait, is this a CCP SCAM!!!

...trouble ticket...CSM identity scam in Jita Local
#19 - 2015-02-06 01:26:41 UTC  |  Edited by: raven666wings
Matar LP 420 Lord raven666wings supports the following candidates:



I also would like to vote for Senator McLaughlin but it seems he's still not in EVE. Maybe sometime in Future Bizions™
Forum Jump