These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

CSM Campaigns

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Withdrawed - My Candidature this year.

Author
Villore Accords
#1 - 2015-01-15 17:10:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Tiberius Zol
Some few will know me, but most of you will not, so I want to introduce myself for you:

I'm an ambitious Industrialist in Highsec, who have fun with 3rd party Development also. It's been two years now, that I started to play EVE. Because of this, I feel near to newbies and their wishes and worries, I think.

I have done several things in EVE, like Mining, Missionrunning, some PVP stuff, some short trips to low and nullsec, but my home is Highsec.

Trading, T2/T3 manufacturing in Highsec POSes and exploration are my focuses. So my priorities are focused on the development in this areas of EVE.
Besides I developed some tools for me using the great API, CCP gave us and working on some public tools for coorporation and industrial management now.
This includes an Andproid app to monitor your industrial and market activities (WIP). So this is a focus for me also.
I am curious about all the Goodies, coming with CREST the next months.

We had some big changes in the industrial part last year, but in my opinion this should be only the beginning.
CCP is working hard on changes for POS Management. Something we need since years.

All this things and the relationship between them are not that easy to learn for newbies.
One of my goals in our corp and besides are to explain them to new players. For this i wrote some tutorials.
My last tutorial, I wrote after the Industrialchanges, explain how to start with manufacturing and invention for example.

New player are a mayor concern of mine, especially if they interested in industry and trading things.
There several ideas, I read about to improve the player experiences, especially for players that are not that interested in shooting on others.
Wardecs and ganking are some of the difficulties, a industrialist have to deal with. I know they're part of EVE and this is a good thing, but some of the mechanisms working not that perfect. One thing more, I want to see changed.

With your help (and your votes also), we can work on all this to improve the player experience for both, newbies and veterans and we are able to show, that highsec is more than grinding and isk printing and have it's viability, also.

PS: English is not my first language, as you might guessed, but this shouldn't be a problem.

Mr. Tibbers on twitter: @Mr_Tibbers

Mr. Tibbers Blog: www.eve-versum.de

Caldari State
#2 - 2015-01-19 09:19:14 UTC
Well hello there!

My name is Lanctharus Onzo and I am one of the co-host and writers of the Cap Stable Podcast.

In early 2014 our podcast interviewed a great majority of the candidates for CSM9 and we will be doing the same for CSM10.

Here is our announcement: http://capstable.net/2014/12/01/council-of-stellar-management-x-call-for-candidate-interviews/

As we stated in the announcement, you can contact us to schedule your one on one interview via any of the following methods:

Email: podcast@capstable.net
Twitter: @CapStable
Or via our contact form

We look forward to speaking to you about your particular skill set and expertise in EVE Online and we hope you success in your candidacy.

Sincerely,

Lanctharus Onzo
Co-host & Writer of the Cap Stable Podcast
Military Director, Alea Iacta Est Universal[

Executive Editor, CSM Watch || Writer, Co-host of the Cap Stable Podcast || Twitter: @Lanctharus

#3 - 2015-01-19 09:58:42 UTC
Tiberius Zol wrote:
Wardecs and ganking are some of the difficulties, a industrialist have to deal with. I know they're part of EVE and this is a good thing, but some of the mechanisms working not that perfect. One thing more, I want to see changed.

Can you expand on this? I agree that wardecs are not perfect, but what, in your view is the purpose of having wardecs in the game at all? Do you have any concrete changes you would propose to make them more engaging and entertaining for both sides?

As for ganking, what is not working in your view? It seems to me that industrialists and miners have a large set of tools to draw on to avoid suicide gankers. What more would you like added to the game or changed to improve this intended mechanic?

Finally, while I have you attention, in your view what is the purpose of a corporation in this game? Is it a group of players joining to together to compete with other corporations/players, or is primarily a social organization?
Villore Accords
#4 - 2015-01-19 22:30:09 UTC
Sorry, for the delay guys. Was in dental clinic. Will answer tomorrow. My medicine says, i have to sleep now. :)

Mr. Tibbers on twitter: @Mr_Tibbers

Mr. Tibbers Blog: www.eve-versum.de

Villore Accords
#5 - 2015-01-29 08:50:30 UTC
Black Pedro wrote:
Tiberius Zol wrote:
Wardecs and ganking are some of the difficulties, a industrialist have to deal with. I know they're part of EVE and this is a good thing, but some of the mechanisms working not that perfect. One thing more, I want to see changed.

Can you expand on this? I agree that wardecs are not perfect, but what, in your view is the purpose of having wardecs in the game at all? Do you have any concrete changes you would propose to make them more engaging and entertaining for both sides?


Wardecs principelly seem to be a good idea to bring alliances and corporations in highsec in conflict. But most of the time wardecs are restricted to tradehub camping. It shouldn't be possible to declare war on more then hundred corporations/alliances without any drawbacks. Wardec should be an expensive way, to counter your competition. Wardec should more an active campaign, where both sides should forced to interact with each other.
I have no special idea how to realize this. But I want to discuss, how this can be made.


Black Pedro wrote:
As for ganking, what is not working in your view? It seems to me that industrialists and miners have a large set of tools to draw on to avoid suicide gankers. What more would you like added to the game or changed to improve this intended mechanic?


Ganking should be more than camping and bumping. I have no problem, if ganking is an act of capabilities. But there should always a way to counter. Especially the Freighter bumping with Machariels and so on. Shouldn't be that easy. I heard much about it and made my own experiences. There is no way to counter, if you get bumped for an hour or longer (besides logoff). Webbing is no solution, if the bumper is faster than you on your freighter.
The most other mechanisms are fine. Maybe the risk vs. reward should be corrected a bit, since Destroyers not that expencive.

Black Pedro wrote:
Finally, while I have you attention, in your view what is the purpose of a corporation in this game? Is it a group of players joining to together to compete with other corporations/players, or is primarily a social organization?


Think, it's a bit of both sites. There should be more competition between corporations. And i would like to see "corporation tasks" especially in missions. Some corporations members never interact with an other (besides some TS chatter). There could be more. I thought Industrial teams would the answer, if that teams are corporate members (or maybe members from other corporations), but not NPCs. Maybe there is a way to implement this that way.

Mr. Tibbers on twitter: @Mr_Tibbers

Mr. Tibbers Blog: www.eve-versum.de

Villore Accords
#6 - 2015-01-29 08:51:19 UTC
Lanctharus Onzo wrote:
Well hello there!

My name is Lanctharus Onzo and I am one of the co-host and writers of the Cap Stable Podcast.

In early 2014 our podcast interviewed a great majority of the candidates for CSM9 and we will be doing the same for CSM10.

Here is our announcement: http://capstable.net/2014/12/01/council-of-stellar-management-x-call-for-candidate-interviews/

As we stated in the announcement, you can contact us to schedule your one on one interview via any of the following methods:

Email: podcast@capstable.net
Twitter: @CapStable
Or via our contact form

We look forward to speaking to you about your particular skill set and expertise in EVE Online and we hope you success in your candidacy.

Sincerely,

Lanctharus Onzo
Co-host & Writer of the Cap Stable Podcast
Military Director, Alea Iacta Est Universal[



Hi,

I will send you a message via the contact form. :)

Mr. Tibbers on twitter: @Mr_Tibbers

Mr. Tibbers Blog: www.eve-versum.de

#7 - 2015-01-29 21:12:48 UTC
Hi,
some greetz from a fulltime Carebear bro.

I think your program fit´s me perfectly - my vote is yours.

Greetz Hegh
Villore Accords
#8 - 2015-02-06 15:48:43 UTC
Friendly bump (is this allowed?)

eXeler0n

============================

Quafe:  http://quafe.de

Blogpack:  http://eveblogs.de

Gallente Federation
#9 - 2015-02-07 04:28:16 UTC  |  Edited by: BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
Tiberius Zol wrote:
Wardecs principelly seem to be a good idea to bring alliances and corporations in highsec in conflict. But most of the time wardecs are restricted to tradehub camping. It shouldn't be possible to declare war on more then hundred corporations/alliances without any drawbacks. Wardec should be an expensive way, to counter your competition. Wardec should more an active campaign, where both sides should forced to interact with each other.
I have no special idea how to realize this. But I want to discuss, how this can be made.

I'm curious. Do you understand why wardec organizations run so many decks at one? Also, what are your experiences with wardecs in game?

Tiberius Zol wrote:

Black Pedro wrote:
As for ganking, what is not working in your view? It seems to me that industrialists and miners have a large set of tools to draw on to avoid suicide gankers. What more would you like added to the game or changed to improve this intended mechanic?


Ganking should be more than camping and bumping. I have no problem, if ganking is an act of capabilities. But there should always a way to counter. Especially the Freighter bumping with Machariels and so on. Shouldn't be that easy. I heard much about it and made my own experiences. There is no way to counter, if you get bumped for an hour or longer (besides logoff). Webbing is no solution, if the bumper is faster than you on your freighter.
The most other mechanisms are fine. Maybe the risk vs. reward should be corrected a bit, since Destroyers not that expencive.

You've "heard about it" so that makes you qualified to talk about it? I always laugh when I hear about how easy bumping is. If the target has not taken precautions against it, yes its easy. If on the other hand they're flying with inertia stabs, are in and fenir/nomad or smaller ship, or have a webbing alt or microjumpdrive fit, it is far from easy. In addition to at least passable skill at manual piloting, bumpers have to contend with glitches that cause them to pass through ships without touching them, and issues with bumping through grid walls, and having targets literally dissappear in space without logging off. Add the complexities of bumping for hyperdunking, and no, this is not an easy role if any sore of precautions are taken.

Tiberius Zol wrote:
Black Pedro wrote:
Finally, while I have you attention, in your view what is the purpose of a corporation in this game? Is it a group of players joining to together to compete with other corporations/players, or is primarily a social organization?


Think, it's a bit of both sites. There should be more competition between corporations. And i would like to see "corporation tasks" especially in missions. Some corporations members never interact with an other (besides some TS chatter). There could be more. I thought Industrial teams would the answer, if that teams are corporate members (or maybe members from other corporations), but not NPCs. Maybe there is a way to implement this that way.

I guess pve game mechanics that benefit corporations might be a good idea. I feel like its kinda tackling a symptom of the problem than the actual problem though. (The problem being bad leadership in corps.) If you post about that in F&I I will support it, but I can't vote for someone who demonstrates a complete lack of knowledge about the subjects he complains about.


eXeler0n, no bumping is not allowed on these forums except in very specific cases. (I can't be bothered to look them up right now). If you want to bump a thread, encourage discussion in that thread.

Founder of Violet Squadron, a small gang NPSI community! Mail me for more information.

BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie's Space Mediation Service!

Villore Accords
#10 - 2015-02-14 11:34:42 UTC
As some of you read via twitter, I have to withdraw my candidature this year.

Long story short: I had two turbulent weeks at work caused by some changes in our company. This leaned to more responsibility (which will give me less time for the next month's).
Now I had to change the order of my priorities.
I really couln't foresee this.

I think, I will try it again next year, after everything settles down.

Thanks for everyone who supported me and sorry for maybe disappointing you.

Mr. Tibbers on twitter: @Mr_Tibbers

Mr. Tibbers Blog: www.eve-versum.de

Forum Jump