These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

DRONE HORDS

First post
Author
Ali Virgo
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#1 - 2011-11-30 06:14:05 UTC
Drone Hordes are further nerfed . The loot is reduced and the whole thing has become a long grinding process. There is no advantage of one having multiple accounts and tring to do one horde anymore.
A carrier can do them as fast as battle ship now that hrdes coem in waves. I wish ccp woul had added more danger to the hordes not make them even more boring.
Hordes dont provide standing, bounty and any form of mods / Faction mods. To where bounty sapce can prove 200 Mil plus worth of mods in some single loot. a Single horde provide 35 mil only in salaveg and refinable compunds.Whish is now further reduced.
Hordes were a good soucre of minerals in past now its at the point it not even worth doing. I can go in bounty space and with less effort make fast isk.
I have access to both types of regions drone sec and bounty. I am just pointing out the un-balance.
I would not like to think that ccp is supporting a certain group of people/region over teh others. there are eve players that just kill mind less rats and make instant isk to buy plex. and then there are people that take time to salavge and refine and build. the ones that actually seed the market. But it seems that way point click making fast isk to meet plex is in favor then people who are builders,
More loot has been added to none drone sec regions while dronesec loot is nerfed (average 700 glossy per horde has be reduced to around 80) . This is unfair. This hints favor over one group of peopel/ region over then the other.
Robbbin Hood
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#2 - 2011-11-30 07:16:47 UTC
Completely agree with you on this.
There is now no point in me using a total of three toons to go ratting anymore.
The nerf has made my investment into getting carriers a waste.

This also is a reduction in my ability to use ratting as a way of paying for my plexes.

At the very least, return the drone sites to the way they were.
If CCP intends to buff anomalies, then give us better officer spawns (more/better loot/salvage) and better chances for them to spawn in the first place.
Wolfcry044
United Armed Forces Core
United Armed Forces Military Core
#3 - 2011-11-30 10:33:01 UTC
AGREED!!!
This nerf makes me want to quit Eve. I just worked SO HARD to get a carrier on two accounts, and just when I begin to start running Hordes they nerf it to death. I don't like it, and I think it's completely unfair that people running Sanctums are making so much money, and Hordes keep getting nerfed over and over, forcing people like us who live in Drone territory to be bored out of our mind not making much at all. Furthermore, I enjoyed playing because I was able to do hordes while I worked, providing that I kept an eye on local. Not possible now.

I'm not trying to be disagreeable, but it's really hard not to be right now. I won't be able to play Eve much anymore now, and I don't have any real reason to keep doing Hordes. If they don't get fixed and put right, I might just phase out. And I'm sure a lot of people will also, being bored half to death stuck in drone space.

Thumbs down on the Drone anom nerf. Should have nerfed the sanctums if you were itching to nerf something. They make all the isk for nothing. We have to salvage ours to make anything.

While I realize life isn't fair, it seems that drone regions got kicked while they were down. Again.
Robert Caldera
Caldera Trading and Investment
#4 - 2011-11-30 12:20:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Robert Caldera
the advantage of drone herds is the very much increased safety running them. Its almost impossible for a roaming gang/dude to find out quick enough in which one out of the trillion hordes you are jewing.

But if you dont like drones anymore, feel free to move in a different region of eve... AS LIKE EVERYONE ELSE!
Ancy Denaries
Frontier Venture
#5 - 2011-11-30 14:45:23 UTC
I hear the ISK-printing machine got nerfed. Now more minerals will come from mining, not pewpew. How is this not a good thing?

"Shoot at anything that moves. If it doesn't move, shoot it anyway, it might move later."

"Do not be too positive. The light at the end of the tunnel could be a train." - Franz Kafka

Emperor Salazar
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#6 - 2011-11-30 15:48:40 UTC
Repeat thread reported.

On topic: get over it. Drone regions have been an undeserved isk printing machine for russian bots for far too long.

Balance wise: space shouldn't be equal.
Deathwing Reborn
#7 - 2011-11-30 16:17:37 UTC
Emperor Salazar wrote:
Repeat thread reported.

On topic: get over it. Drone regions have been an undeserved isk printing machine for russian bots for far too long.

The other thread isn't getting any attention from the Devs so why not put this in the place it needs to be anyway? Perhaps now they will give us an answer as to why drone space yet again gets nerf'd while all the other regions get a buff. I agree with Robbin Hood on this one.

If CCP wanted to stop botting by making the horde site harder with waves fine. I could live with that if they didn't ALSO reduce the amount of stuff dropping from the horde site. If anything they should have increased the drops because it is taking a LOT longer to do them.

Try living in Drone space before you try saying that our "isk printing machine" is so over powered. Try doing the logistics of moving all of that alloy just to get your payout for your horde site. Try waiting over a week for you to get your payout for your horde site. Try running a corporation or alliance when there is nothing for you to tax like bounties other than refining.

All you probably have to do is go out kill a few rats and in 20 min you get XX million isk.
Deathwing Reborn
#8 - 2011-11-30 16:19:33 UTC
Oh, and try to not be ticked when your faction (sentient) npcs on average are worth LESS than a normal battleship npc.
myFORUMalt alts
Doomheim
#9 - 2011-11-30 16:22:42 UTC
Agreed,
Drone regions are the hardest to live in. Much more effort, and its an isk absorber since no isk is comming from our region.
All these people think life is fantastic out in drone regions, its a huge logistical and time pain in the ass.

This whole drone horde thing almost makes me demand a response from the devs. Why did you make a section of the game that was already the worst, even more worse. I want to pull my eyes out of my head while im doing hordes now, knowing that the 40 minutes im gunna spend cleaning them up will be even more not worth my time.

DEVS, I DEMAND A responsE

Yes, I complain about things I don't like.

Emperor Salazar
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#10 - 2011-11-30 16:25:45 UTC
Deathwing Reborn wrote:

The other thread isn't getting any attention from the Devs so why not put this in the place it needs to be anyway? Perhaps now they will give us an answer as to why drone space yet again gets nerf'd while all the other regions get a buff. I agree with Robbin Hood on this one.

If CCP wanted to stop botting by making the horde site harder with waves fine. I could live with that if they didn't ALSO reduce the amount of stuff dropping from the horde site. If anything they should have increased the drops because it is taking a LOT longer to do them.

Try living in Drone space before you try saying that our "isk printing machine" is so over powered. Try doing the logistics of moving all of that alloy just to get your payout for your horde site. Try waiting over a week for you to get your payout for your horde site. Try running a corporation or alliance when there is nothing for you to tax like bounties other than refining.

All you probably have to do is go out kill a few rats and in 20 min you get XX million isk.

Actually I just buy stuff on the market in hostile space and relist it.....Market pvp is a lot more fun than shooting rats.

As for all your complaints about 'baaaaaaaw its soooooo harddddd."

Get better space.

Oh and you are not a special snow flake. Nor is the guy that posted the other thread about this (or the other idiots that are posting about it). You are not entitled to a damn dev response just because you play this game.

Stop being an entitled whiney space bear.
Emperor Salazar
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#11 - 2011-11-30 16:26:28 UTC
myFORUMalt alts wrote:

DEVS, I DEMAND A responsE

Look at this special little flower.

He demands a response guys.

Demands it.

Give the special flower what he wants or I'm sure you'll be sorry.
Robert Caldera
Caldera Trading and Investment
#12 - 2011-11-30 16:30:08 UTC
myFORUMalt alts wrote:
Agreed,
Drone regions are the hardest to live in. Much more effort, and its an isk absorber since no isk is comming from our region.
All these people think life is fantastic out in drone regions, its a huge logistical and time pain in the ass.

apparently, the benefits of living there overweights the pain, otherwise you would leave.

myFORUMalt alts wrote:
Why did you make a section of the game that was already the worst, even more worse. I want to pull my eyes out of my head while im doing hordes now, knowing that the 40 minutes im gunna spend cleaning them up will be even more not worth my time.

then, why again are you not going somewhere else??
This "our space is worst" thing cant be serious as long as you stay there.
Deathwing Reborn
#13 - 2011-11-30 16:38:03 UTC
Robert Caldera wrote:
myFORUMalt alts wrote:
Agreed,

apparently, the benefits of living there overweights the pain, otherwise you would leave.

myFORUMalt alts wrote:
Why did you make a section of the game that was already the worst, even more worse. I want to pull my eyes out of my head while im doing hordes now, knowing that the 40 minutes im gunna spend cleaning them up will be even more not worth my time.

then, why again are you not going somewhere else??
This "our space is worst" thing cant be serious as long as you stay there.

I think that was their point. People living in drone space have made a way to make half way profitable and have created the logistics and rules that make it worth living in drone space. These changes just put all that work to waste and in my opinion does warrant moving out of Drone space. My point is why make a place that was so hard to live in even harder when the rest of 0.0 gets buffs?
Zagdul
H A V O C
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#14 - 2011-11-30 16:48:57 UTC
The point you guys aren't getting that others are trying to tell you is that space is not meant to be divided equal. This isn't what you want to hear and the words suck, but it's pretty much the way EVE is. If you are not happy with the space you're in, move and go take some different, more valuable space.

It's why there's different moon minerals in some portions of space that aren't in others. It's to create resources worth going after.

Dual Pane idea: Click!

CCP Please Implement

Deathwing Reborn
#15 - 2011-11-30 16:58:06 UTC
Zagdul wrote:
The point you guys aren't getting that others are trying to tell you is that space is not meant to be divided equal. This isn't what you want to hear and the words suck, but it's pretty much the way EVE is. If you are not happy with the space you're in, move and go take some different, more valuable space.

It's why there's different moon minerals in some portions of space that aren't in others. It's to create resources worth going after.

I can throw this right back at most of the people in this thread. Alot of people think we have a "isk printing machine" in drone space. So why screw with drone space then? All regions are not meant to be equal and from what everyone keeps saying Drone space is where it is all at. So why arn't you all trying to come and take our space from us instead of getting CCP to nerf our space?

Your logic is flawed.
Emperor Salazar
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#16 - 2011-11-30 17:04:38 UTC
Drone regions are an isk printer. They're just a different kind of isk printer.

Face it. You settled for the fat chick by living there. Now you're mad that the fat chick gained some weight in her old age.

Either accept that she will always be a fat chick or move on and find a cute 22 yr old elsewhere.
Migeta
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#17 - 2011-11-30 17:25:31 UTC
Deathwing Reborn wrote:
Emperor Salazar wrote:
Repeat thread reported.

its not about the isk.... its about the minerals....
how much time must only miners mine to get resources for a mom or a titan... (days or weeks)

while u just get a gang of some poeple with some carriers and u have the materials ready in some days... and u dont need to be a miner , so its very simple to bild big ships there....

drones needs to get nerfed even more still no balnce...
Ancy Denaries
Frontier Venture
#18 - 2011-11-30 19:25:47 UTC
I'm of the solid opinion that Drones should just give bounties, not minerals. It was a really stupid design decision to give them minerals.

"Shoot at anything that moves. If it doesn't move, shoot it anyway, it might move later."

"Do not be too positive. The light at the end of the tunnel could be a train." - Franz Kafka

Feligast
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#19 - 2011-11-30 19:28:56 UTC
Quote:
STR8NGE BREW [BREW]

'nuff said, really. Try leaving Oasa and your dead end system with 100 bubbles on the gate for a change.
Deathwing Reborn
#20 - 2011-11-30 19:29:04 UTC
Migeta wrote:
Deathwing Reborn wrote:
Emperor Salazar wrote:
Repeat thread reported.

its not about the isk.... its about the minerals....
how much time must only miners mine to get resources for a mom or a titan... (days or weeks)

while u just get a gang of some poeple with some carriers and u have the materials ready in some days... and u dont need to be a miner , so its very simple to bild big ships there....

drones needs to get nerfed even more still no balnce...

I beg to differ it is about the isk by ratting is to get said minerals and sell them right? A drone NPC has NO bounty and no modules, ONLY alloys. It is not our fault that is how CCP designed drones, we are just trying to make isk. In a horde site I get a total of ~200k in bounties for a drone horde site and that is from the towers. Everything else is alloys that we have to salvage, loot, transport, refine, transport again, and sell just to make isk.
12Next page