These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page
 

Announcement From Gorila

First post First post
Author
Gorila Vengaza
The Conference Elite
CODE.
#1 - 2014-12-24 19:47:21 UTC
Hello!
I’m going to take a page from James book and I warn ppl, this post may be a bit longer than what your accustomed to from me. I’ve honestly been on the fence the past couple of months about joining CODE and here is why.

I started playing EVE back in 07 and I was raised from a noob by a group of low sec and null PVPERS. I’ve left the game at different times due to RL issues but I’ve always come back. EVE is a hard mistress to walk away from. A year and a half ago I saw people talking about CODE the way they used to talk about GOONS. I sat back and observed and I couldn’t understand why most people weren’t fighting back. I gathered a group of likeminded pilots such as BlackHole Kelly and Ynmir and formed the New Disorder.

I saw an opportunity to play James 315 opposite albeit on a smaller scale. I started the blog and I had FUN doing it. Highsec became fun were it only used to be a place I came to grind missions for sec status and isk and supplies for playing in low and null. I honestly saw an opportunity where I hoped to form a big enough resistance to give CODE someone to fight. What I found out is organizing miners into PVPERS is like herding cats into a straight line. It’s VERY difficult.

I had a few successes. One of my proudest moments is when a miner who had been playing eve for years convo’d me and I talked him into bringing out an ECM boat and fighting CODE. He admitted to me later it was the most fun he had ever had in EVE.

At my core I’ve often been conflicted as some of CODES ideals I believe in. I haven’t enjoyed saving AFK players who couldn’t be bothered to be at their keyboards. I’ve never understood why someone would want to play a game and not be actively engaged in PLAYING. I honestly despise mining and find it boring as all hell. The few times I’ve mined I’ve been at my keyboard hoping I would get ganked as I would have someone to fight.

Lately my biggest Issue has been the campaign of RL death threats and accusing people of being sociopaths and psychopaths because of how they play a GAME. It’s something I do NOT agree with and have actively campaigned against since day one. It’s a hate campaign Veers is very vocal about and sadly his sentiments have carried over to the AG channels and I’ve seen many embrace it. I’ve sat back and watched the hate and I do NOT approve. I do want to say there ARE some good people in Antiganking regardless of the others and if my actions hurt those people I do apologize.

What I have found from the beginning is I’ve had more in common with CODE than anyone in AG. I can honestly say from experience is I’ve enjoyed my interactions with CODE more than many of my interactions with AG. I have felt many in CODE GET the game and what it means to play it. From 07 I have always understood that no one is safe in the EVE universe and nor should they ever be “SAFE”. You should also have FUN and be laughing when you play a game. Not many laugh in AG from my experiences there are MANY in CODE who do laugh and have FUN.

I’ve seen person after person claim to be the “normal players” while making death threats and other crap at CODE member’s children. To me there is a HUGE difference in telling someone you’re going to hunt them down and kill them INGAME as opposed to making threats to key someone’s car or assault their children in RL. If that’s “Normal” I’d rather be a “psychopath” and play with CODE.

With that said I now refer to a saying my new CEO is known for...

THE CODE ALWAYS WINS!!! ALWAYS!

Sincerely,
Gorila Vengaza
Lady Ati
Systems High Guard
Tactical Narcotics Team
#2 - 2014-12-24 20:22:58 UTC
We're glad to have you on board and hope you enjoy flying with CODE. They are a very interesting group to fly with and over all good guys to know (plus a crazy here and there to keep things interesting). Big smile
La Rynx
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#3 - 2014-12-24 20:25:37 UTC
Smile
Wait you are saying Veers made you do this?
Shocked
muahuahuahua

Is it a life thread when i say that you are emotionally unsettled?

Atomic Virulent : "You can't spell DOUCHE. without CODE."

Piz Caldera
The Conference Elite
CODE.
#4 - 2014-12-24 20:28:54 UTC
Gorilla, you have been always a brave and honest enemy, never using any bad or hurting words. Your blog is funny and i always like to read it. Your words are wise. I personally gave you always alot respect for your work, even if my Alt is young. You understood what`s EVE, many - or the most in Code also. Lets have fun together, at the same side, or at opposing at enemies, but fun! :)
Kaely Tanniss
Black Hydra Consortium.
#5 - 2014-12-24 20:38:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Kaely Tanniss
Congrats Gorila. It's good to see the hate and discourse toward others has finally turned you from them. For too long the hatred against others has poisoned the AG community. Though I doubt it will have a lasting effect on them, it is a good message to them that it is time to change their ways. There's nothing wrong with being an "opposing force" against Code or any other entity in Eve, that's all part of the game. The problem is the hatred that has been brewing over actions in a game. Veers is a poison to any "cause" he joins. Code are not "bad people" as rhetoric has labeled them. They are all quite nice people who have a passion for playing a game to the fullest extent. Code is the very core of what Eve is all about..emergent gameplay and player created content and stroyline. Without this, Eve would be as dull as other games.

Again, it's good to see you have "seen the light" per se. You will find Code are a great group of people (which I know you already know) and some of the best people to fly with in Eve. I salute you. Big smile

If I had a nickel for every time someone said women don't play eve, I'd have a bag of nickels to whack the next person who said it..

Ralph King-Griffin
Lords.Of.Midnight
The Devil's Warrior Alliance
#6 - 2014-12-24 20:55:04 UTC
A similar sentiment here ,
One of the reasons I joined Lord's was to disassociate myself From the corners of the community that spew that sort of hatred and vitriolic shite.
Ilithyia Borgia
The Conference Elite
CODE.
#7 - 2014-12-24 21:19:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Ilithyia Borgia
Welcome to the light VG! You were always a noble adversary and now I look forward to having you as a corpie!

I understand exactly what you mean when you speak of the toxicity in AG. I was ganking for a good while before i joined CODE. I hung in the AG channels for intel and just couldn't stand the petty bitterness and anger (not to mention anyone that takes Veers seriously has really questionable judgement). On the other hand the "bad guys" in minerbuming were fun and have made great comrades.

Like you I can say that AG recruited me into CODE.

Let's gank some freighters!

Yar! Pirate
Sam Spock
The Arnold Connection
#8 - 2014-12-24 21:22:49 UTC
The one thing you always said that I always agreed with was that you opposed what CODE. was doing because they were trying to tell you how to play the game. No one has a right to do that.

Now you have joined those very people. I guess you won't be needing an opinion any more. They will provide one for you. Enjoy the herd.

Giving you Inconsistent grammar, speilling and Punct-uation since 1974!

La Rynx
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#9 - 2014-12-24 21:26:01 UTC  |  Edited by: La Rynx
Still giggling...

So you adopted the flawed thoughts of code.

In all EvE codies get the most hate and deathreats.
And its all the fault of the others and NOT the codies, cause codies do not harm the other players...

Where you ever real or always a stealth code puppet?

Bear

Atomic Virulent : "You can't spell DOUCHE. without CODE."

Black Pedro
Mine.
#10 - 2014-12-24 23:14:12 UTC
Sam Spock wrote:
The one thing you always said that I always agreed with was that you opposed what CODE. was doing because they were trying to tell you how to play the game. No one has a right to do that.

Now you have joined those very people. I guess you won't be needing an opinion any more. They will provide one for you. Enjoy the herd.


The New Order isn't really telling you how to play the game - we are playing the game as it was designed. Free your mind and look beyond the text of the Code and see that we are playing the villains in a spaceship video game designed to have villains. New Eden is suppose to have people like us, so if you feel that villains are "trying to tell you how to play the game", perhaps you should take that up with CCP - or just tank your ships and stay at your keyboard.

Take the red pill.

And Gorila, welcome to our side. I trust that you will find that contrary to what Mr. Spock has suggested, you are free to enforce the Code in whatever ways you find most engaging and entertaining. You will see that as long as you are having fun and spaceships are exploding, the Code truly does always win.
ForTheEmpire2014
Doomheim
#11 - 2014-12-25 00:29:24 UTC  |  Edited by: ForTheEmpire2014
Gorila

edit.retracted

after spending a few hrs in local with code, I refuse to participate in any code related thread.
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#12 - 2014-12-25 00:39:28 UTC
ForTheEmpire2014 wrote:

I wish you well in your new path, but I disagree with your choice. Eve just lost a change for good.


And gained a change for the better. Willingly associating yourself with the kind of people who talk about finding someone's house in real life is not something that "good guys" do, no matter what they call themselves.

Merry Christmas Gorila, you made the right choice.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Ned Thomas
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#13 - 2014-12-25 00:39:40 UTC
ForTheEmpire2014 wrote:
they have seriously demoralized being the good guy into space dust


I would have to argue that it isn't the New Order that has demoralized being the "good guy", but rather the people who would benefit from the actions of said "good guy".
Zepher Helen Hawat
Malfurion Mining
#14 - 2014-12-25 00:41:48 UTC
Congrats Gorila!

I've always said.. EVE is just a game. And games are ment to be fun. I've flown with CODE a few times with an alt, I'm part of their forum, and I pop up on the blog from time to time (as "the Colonel"), and I enjoy talking with these gals & guys. They get it. They enjoy the game.

EVE allows you to be the hero OR the villain... there is nothing wrong with either path. Just as long as you have fun doing it.
Gorila Vengaza
The Conference Elite
CODE.
#15 - 2014-12-25 00:58:59 UTC
La Rynx wrote:
Smile
Wait you are saying Veers made you do this?
Shocked
muahuahuahua

Is it a life thread when i say that you are emotionally unsettled?



Hmmm Im emotionally unstable because i want to have fun while playing a game?

I have a question for you..

Could I interest you in buying a mining permit? they are only 10 mill ISK a year.
Big smile
ForTheEmpire2014
Doomheim
#16 - 2014-12-25 01:05:59 UTC  |  Edited by: ForTheEmpire2014
edit.retracted
Veers Belvar
Swordmasters of New Eden
#17 - 2014-12-25 03:53:23 UTC
Gorila Vengaza wrote:
Hello!
I’m going to take a page from James book and I warn ppl, this post may be a bit longer than what your accustomed to from me. I’ve honestly been on the fence the past couple of months about joining CODE and here is why.

I started playing EVE back in 07 and I was raised from a noob by a group of low sec and null PVPERS. I’ve left the game at different times due to RL issues but I’ve always come back. EVE is a hard mistress to walk away from. A year and a half ago I saw people talking about CODE the way they used to talk about GOONS. I sat back and observed and I couldn’t understand why most people weren’t fighting back. I gathered a group of likeminded pilots such as BlackHole Kelly and Ynmir and formed the New Disorder.

I saw an opportunity to play James 315 opposite albeit on a smaller scale. I started the blog and I had FUN doing it. Highsec became fun were it only used to be a place I came to grind missions for sec status and isk and supplies for playing in low and null. I honestly saw an opportunity where I hoped to form a big enough resistance to give CODE someone to fight. What I found out is organizing miners into PVPERS is like herding cats into a straight line. It’s VERY difficult.

I had a few successes. One of my proudest moments is when a miner who had been playing eve for years convo’d me and I talked him into bringing out an ECM boat and fighting CODE. He admitted to me later it was the most fun he had ever had in EVE.

At my core I’ve often been conflicted as some of CODES ideals I believe in. I haven’t enjoyed saving AFK players who couldn’t be bothered to be at their keyboards. I’ve never understood why someone would want to play a game and not be actively engaged in PLAYING. I honestly despise mining and find it boring as all hell. The few times I’ve mined I’ve been at my keyboard hoping I would get ganked as I would have someone to fight.

Lately my biggest Issue has been the campaign of RL death threats and accusing people of being sociopaths and psychopaths because of how they play a GAME. It’s something I do NOT agree with and have actively campaigned against since day one. It’s a hate campaign Veers is very vocal about and sadly his sentiments have carried over to the AG channels and I’ve seen many embrace it. I’ve sat back and watched the hate and I do NOT approve. I do want to say there ARE some good people in Antiganking regardless of the others and if my actions hurt those people I do apologize.

What I have found from the beginning is I’ve had more in common with CODE than anyone in AG. I can honestly say from experience is I’ve enjoyed my interactions with CODE more than many of my interactions with AG. I have felt many in CODE GET the game and what it means to play it. From 07 I have always understood that no one is safe in the EVE universe and nor should they ever be “SAFE”. You should also have FUN and be laughing when you play a game. Not many laugh in AG from my experiences there are MANY in CODE who do laugh and have FUN.

I’ve seen person after person claim to be the “normal players” while making death threats and other crap at CODE member’s children. To me there is a HUGE difference in telling someone you’re going to hunt them down and kill them INGAME as opposed to making threats to key someone’s car or assault their children in RL. If that’s “Normal” I’d rather be a “psychopath” and play with CODE.

With that said I now refer to a saying my new CEO is known for...

THE CODE ALWAYS WINS!!! ALWAYS!

Sincerely,
Gorila Vengaza



Color me completely unsurprised. Gorila is the perfect example of why CODE correctly claims that when they get PvE players to engage in PvP in highsec, even as whiteknights, CODE is winning. Eventually these folks realize that the game is completely stacked in favor of the gankers, and cast their lot with them. Would not surprise me if James 315 started out as a highsec miner. Gorila always belonged in CODE, and this just completes his journey to the dark side, where he belongs.

As far as "hate campaigns" or other such nonsense...try not to let the facts interfere with your conspiracy theories. CODE leader James 315 forecefully defended the repugnant bonus rooms and concomitant real life harassment in a 16 page essay at themittani.com. http://www.themittani.com/features/new-teamspeak-harassment-policy

The leader of CODE proudly defended this pathetic events, which featured the inducement of anger, humiliation, panic attacks, and a whole host of other vile things. CODE is all about using the game to cause other players real life emotional harm. That's morally wrong, it's despicable, and no one with a shred of decency or empathy for other human beings can support such endeavors. CODE uses spaceship combat as a means of eliciting the death threats and rage, which they then post on minerbumping.com to cause maximum humiliation. It's not about the game, it's all about using the game to relentlessly harass and mock others who have a different playstyle. And pointing out that the bonus rooms and other such things are perfect examples of sociopathic behavior is simply stating a factual truth.

As far as "not being safe" or "having fun," consider the real life equivalent of CODE. Someone goes to a beach and spends hours constructing a beautiful sandcastle. A second person arrives and promptly destroys said sandcastle to elicit rage and tears. Guy 2 is having a lot more fun, and demonstrating that sand on the beach is a public good that cannot be acquired. So what? Guy 2 is still a miserable person with no sense of morality or decency. That you have the right to do something does not make it the right thing to do.

I would rather cast my lot with those who play the game to find constructive enjoyment in it, and not simply take pleasure from the rage and tears of others. Highsec suicide ganking contributes virtually nothing to the game. Enough said.
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
Stimulus
Rote Kapelle
#18 - 2014-12-25 04:12:18 UTC  |  Edited by: BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
As my new favorite saying goes, "Veers leads to Anger, Anger leads to hate, and Hate, well, Hate leads to the dark side of high sec!"

Now for the more serious part of the post:
Quote:
As far as "not being safe" or "having fun," consider the real life equivalent of CODE. Someone goes to a beach and spends hours constructing a beautiful sandcastle. A second person arrives and promptly destroys said sandcastle to elicit rage and tears. Guy 2 is having a lot more fun, and demonstrating that sand on the beach is a public good that cannot be acquired. So what? Guy 2 is still a miserable person with no sense of morality or decency. That you have the right to do something does not make it the right thing to do.


This is the closest thing to an accurate RL/ganking analogy that I have seen. Its just missing one thing. There's two sandboxes. In one, there's a bunch of people playing tag and kicking sand at each other. In the other there's people building stuff. The miner in question decided to build his sand castle in the sandbox with kids kicking sand at each other instead of building in the one where he would be left alone. He then built a small sandcastle and fell asleep next to it, somehow expecting not to get sand in his mouth.

In case you're wondering, the other sandbox represents any other damn game where non-consensual pvp is banned.

Founder of Violet Squadron, a small gang NPSI community! Mail me for more information.

BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie's Space Mediation Service!

Veers Belvar
Swordmasters of New Eden
#19 - 2014-12-25 04:21:50 UTC
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie wrote:
As my new favorite saying goes, "Veers leads to Anger, Anger leads to hate, and Hate, well, Hate leads to the dark side of high sec!"

Now for the more serious part of the post:
Quote:
As far as "not being safe" or "having fun," consider the real life equivalent of CODE. Someone goes to a beach and spends hours constructing a beautiful sandcastle. A second person arrives and promptly destroys said sandcastle to elicit rage and tears. Guy 2 is having a lot more fun, and demonstrating that sand on the beach is a public good that cannot be acquired. So what? Guy 2 is still a miserable person with no sense of morality or decency. That you have the right to do something does not make it the right thing to do.


This is the closest thing to an accurate RL/ganking analogy that I have seen. Its just missing one thing. There's two sandboxes. In one, there's a bunch of people playing tag and kicking sand at each other. In the other there's people building stuff. The miner in question decided to build his sand castle in the sandbox with kids kicking sand at each other instead of building in the one where he would be left alone. He then built a small sandcastle and fell asleep next to it, somehow expecting not to get sand in his mouth.

In case you're wondering, the other sandbox represents any other damn game where non-consensual pvp is banned.


Note...non-consensual PvP is not banned in RL. The police will not arrest you for knocking over someone else's sandcastle. The police will not arrest you for cutting in line in the supermarket. The police will not arrest you for routinely lying to friends and family. Morality does not depend on the physical impossibility of doing something....it depends on the CHOICES you make and your attempt to do the right thing.
Zepher Helen Hawat
Malfurion Mining
#20 - 2014-12-25 04:34:17 UTC
And here I thought that "playing the villain" was just another part of EVE? Veers would have us all holding hands running Incursions.Roll

I also have to disagree with the very large brush he paints CODE or anyone that agrees with CODE. Once again he's takes ONE incident, a incident that involved a few people, an incident that has been dealt with by CCP MONTHS ago, an incident that the "victim" even stated that he over reacted too, and paints a whole swath of people with false claims and insults. I happen to agree with CODE, I happen to like talking to a few members of CODE. Does that make me a miserable person with no sense of morality or decency? Pretty ballsy statement coming from the likes of you.

Veers claims that CODE is telling people how too play, yet he does the same thing. Get off the soapbox lad. The more you yap, the more players join CODE....

hmmm, maybe you are an alt of James315.Shocked That would make more sense in a twisted sort of way, because I can't believe someone is that obtuse.
123Next pageLast page