These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Science & Industry

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Blueprint Research/Copying/Invention Slots in POS's question.

Author
Abyss Azizora
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#1 - 2014-12-24 13:10:27 UTC
Been away for 6 months and had a question I've had trouble getting direct information on via forums/google/patchnotes.

Since the industry revamp happened shortly after a took my break, I've read that slots in stations were removed entirely, but what about with research anchorables in POS's?

And if they are unlimited in POS's as well, is there any reason at all to use more than one anchorable lab anymore?

I'm just trying to judge if there is any reason whatsoever to use larger than a small POS in highsec anymore, since it seems you only would need to anchor 2 maybe 3 structures now, and they would all fit in a small POS.
Bronson Hughes
The Knights of the Blessed Mother of Acceleration
#2 - 2014-12-24 14:36:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Bronson Hughes
All slots are gone. There is no longer any reason to anchor more than one of any type of lab or manufacturing array at a POS at once.

Larger POSes in hisec can be justified if you're manufacturing a wide enough variety of items to need multiple assembly arrays. Or, if you're researching expensive blueprints and want to put up a very solid defense.

Relatively Notorious By Association

My Many Misadventures

I predicted FAUXs

Abyss Azizora
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#3 - 2014-12-25 11:32:59 UTC
Bronson Hughes wrote:
All slots are gone. There is no longer any reason to anchor more than one of any type of lab or manufacturing array at a POS at once.

Larger POSes in hisec can be justified if you're manufacturing a wide enough variety of items to need multiple assembly arrays. Or, if you're researching expensive blueprints and want to put up a very solid defense.

Appreciate the answer. :)