These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

How its possible???

Author
Indycator
Indycator Corporation
#1 - 2014-12-13 13:50:43 UTC
My sytuation... Docking at Jita 4-4 Caldari at Shuttle 0 km ... and after 1 seconds later i'm at pod and got kill rights... How someone can targetting me, locked and destroyed at one second. Someone can explain me this?
Mining Man Manny
Doomheim
#2 - 2014-12-13 13:52:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Mining Man Manny
I believe the correct term is "blapped" or "alpha'd."

Basically: You're in a shuttle. Does it really seem so impossible to get instagibbed by literally anything else in the game?
Abrazzar
Vardaugas Family
#3 - 2014-12-13 13:53:39 UTC
Sibyyl
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2014-12-13 13:54:58 UTC

How did you dock to 0? By warping to the station on your Overview?

(because that's not warping to 0)

Joffy Aulx-Gao for CSM. Fix links and OGB. Ban stabs from plexes. Fulfill karmic justice.

Indycator
Indycator Corporation
#5 - 2014-12-13 13:55:46 UTC
i done 0 km spot... so after warp i'm at 0 km...
Aiyshimin
Descendant Command
#6 - 2014-12-13 13:57:39 UTC
Indycator wrote:
My sytuation... Docking at Jita 4-4 Caldari at Shuttle 0 km ... and after 1 seconds later i'm at pod and got kill rights... How someone can targetting me, locked and destroyed at one second. Someone can explain me this?

Sensor boosted ship with high alpha weapons (artillery) can one-shot low EHP ships like shuttles easily, with locking times as low as one second, with pre-loaded guns the damage is inflicted immediately after acquiring target lock.

If you were not a suspect or war target, it was most likely a cheap insta-Trasher.
Aiyshimin
Descendant Command
#7 - 2014-12-13 13:59:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Aiyshimin
Ahahaha edit, why did you have 11 PLEXes in your shuttle :DDDD

And yes, it was a Trasher.

Darwin wins.
Abrazzar
Vardaugas Family
#8 - 2014-12-13 13:59:01 UTC
Indycator wrote:

Right. Ping issues. The dock is not immediate as you still have to give the dock command after leaving warp. Thus, with unfortunate server ticks and delay from ping, a attentive ganker with one tick lock got you targeted and blapped before the server finally got your dock command, only to realise, the ship it was supposed to be docking is currently generating a wreck.

Someone knew you were coming and worth the shot. Check your friends.
Lucrii Dei
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#9 - 2014-12-13 13:59:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Lucrii Dei
You need to understand that the only way to guarantee you will be inside the 0KM 'bubble' of a station is to make a bookmark at 0KM and in future warp to that bookmark instead of warping to the station via overview.

When you warp directly to a station sometimes you will be dropped 1-2K off the station and the time it takes you to coast that 1-2K is enough time for any sensor boosted ship to lock and fire 1-2 volleys.

If you already have such a bookmark you should be clicking the dock button on selected item window before you even exit warp. Aside from this connectivity issues can cause such problems too.

Smart bombs are also a thing. But that's a story for another time.

╔═══ ♥ ═════════════╗

EVEcandy™; An EVE Gallery!

╚══════════════ ♥ ══╝

Aiyshimin
Descendant Command
#10 - 2014-12-13 14:00:47 UTC
Abrazzar wrote:
Indycator wrote:

Right. Ping issues. The dock is not immediate as you still have to give the dock command after leaving warp. Thus, with unfortunate server ticks and delay from ping, a attentive ganker with one tick lock got you targeted and blapped before the server finally got your dock command, only to realise, the ship it was supposed to be docking is currently generating a wreck.

Someone knew you were coming and worth the shot. Check your friends.

Ping pong, nope

You don't always land in docking range of stations from certain directions without an instadock bookmark, and can spend several seconds slowboating to docking range. See above.

Sibyyl
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#11 - 2014-12-13 14:01:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Sibyyl
I think she is saying she made a bookmark at 0, so Abrazzar is right..

Edit: I'll mention that every now and then I've seen a few seconds go by even after warping to zero and mashing dock while coming in from the same direction that's given me an instadock before.

Joffy Aulx-Gao for CSM. Fix links and OGB. Ban stabs from plexes. Fulfill karmic justice.

Chribba
Otherworld Enterprises
Otherworld Empire
#12 - 2014-12-13 14:02:18 UTC
It's possible because of what you had in your cargo. If there's will there's a way. Don't give them the will in something as simple as a shuttle.

/c

★★★ Secure 3rd party service ★★★

Visit my in-game channel 'Holy Veldspar'

Twitter @ChribbaVeldspar

Indycator
Indycator Corporation
#13 - 2014-12-13 14:06:04 UTC
yes, yes so if that is possible that is ok, yes i was at shuttle, yes that isin't smart - so any idea in future? ORCA and corporate array or something bigger will be enough? dominix for example?
Mag's
Azn Empire
#14 - 2014-12-13 14:10:28 UTC
Indycator wrote:
yes, yes so if that is possible that is ok, yes i was at shuttle, yes that isin't smart - so any idea in future? ORCA and corporate array or something bigger will be enough? dominix for example?

Not moving them would be smart.

Destination SkillQueue:- It's like assuming the Lions will ignore you in the Savannah, if you're small, fat and look helpless.

Damjan Fox
Fox Industries and Exploration
#15 - 2014-12-13 14:12:00 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Ezwal
Ouch.*snip* Posting of kill reports outside of the Crime & Punishment forum channel is prohibited. ISD Ezwal.

Quote:
so any idea in future?

Don't fly around with PLEX in your cargo. NEVER.

Doesn't matter, what you fly. Orca, Dominix, etc... With 11 PLEX in cargo, it will get ganked.
Indycator
Indycator Corporation
#16 - 2014-12-13 14:16:00 UTC
yes but profit between Amarr and Jita was so sweet ;) hmmm must be idea how travel with them safety ....
Abrazzar
Vardaugas Family
#17 - 2014-12-13 14:18:03 UTC
Indycator wrote:

CovOps and always cloak. Don't tell anyone where you're going, what you're carrying and what you're flying until you are at your destination. Also fit a buffer on the CovOps so you can take a volley from a Trasher.
Lucrii Dei
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#18 - 2014-12-13 14:19:39 UTC
Indycator wrote:
yes but profit between Amarr and Jita was so sweet ;) hmmm must be idea how travel with them safety ....

How do you have enough ISK to play PLEX games and yet lack the knowledge of how to move them safely?

╔═══ ♥ ═════════════╗

EVEcandy™; An EVE Gallery!

╚══════════════ ♥ ══╝

mr ed thehouseofed
Wrought iron Industries
#19 - 2014-12-13 14:24:08 UTC
loot fairy says yes Big smile

i want a eve pinball machine...  confirming  CCP Cognac is best cognac

Indycator
Indycator Corporation
#20 - 2014-12-13 14:27:52 UTC
i will back after 2 years... and forgotten many things. Other side many mechanics was changed at games.
123Next pageLast page