These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Activate, Deactive, and Toggle modifier keys

Author
Verity Sovereign
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#1 - 2014-11-21 16:47:45 UTC
I suggest a user interface change:

modifier keys, that you can hold down while clicking:

default state is that a click toggles the module state (On-> Off or Off-> On)

an "activate" modifier key would mean that clicking on modules can only activate them, but not deactivate them.
You can guess how the "deactivate" modifier would be.

I have this choice with action group settings in the game KSP, it would be nice to have in Eve (and would remove frustration from modules with re-activation delays, or resetting resists, or accidentally activating a high cap use module)
FireFrenzy
Cynosural Samurai
#2 - 2014-11-21 16:57:11 UTC
so you mean like control click locking something and control shift click unlocking something?

I personally have macros for most of that stuff slaved to my mouse but that might have some value for people with less awesome hardware...
Verity Sovereign
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#3 - 2014-11-21 17:13:22 UTC
Well, its related to my recent post about cloak deactivation delays... but some in that thread argued that it is not a UI problem, but the problem is between the keyboard and the chair...

So I'm now proposing a pure UI change, with not even a slight change to gameplay mechanics.

I don't understand how a macro can handle this.... please explain how you would have a macro that would activate your cloak, and would not deactivate it if pressed a 2nd time?

and yes, I do mean a modified key like ctrl clicking or shift clicking