These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Max reasonable length of Employment History

Author
Khun SP
Paramite Factories
#1 - 2014-10-29 13:12:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Khun SP
I often like to read Bio and Employment History of random people and of those who are close to myself.

Whenever I see large employment histories I facepalm and automatically untrust that pilot, because he is either a child who doesn't know what to do and changes his mind so easily, or maybe his behaviour is not adequate and he's kicked in less than few weeks each run.

In my opinion, 1-2 corp a year is the limit, although jumping from one corp to the next one each six months on a regular basis is still somehow unstable, childish and weird. The rule of thumb is if you get a scroll bar on your employment history, bad news.

On the other hand, when I find a guy in the same corp for 2+ years (not a NPC) I then admire and trust his loyalty and psychological balance :)

Do you feel the same or you just don't care about others' employment history?

TLDR: think twice before joining, dropping and applying other corps every time.
Lazarus R Crimson
Dark Venture Corporation
#2 - 2014-10-29 13:19:58 UTC
You have some hangups there fella.

Eve is just a game.

Employment History means very little.
Luna Arindale
Caldari Independent Navy Reserve
Curatores Veritatis Alliance
#3 - 2014-10-29 13:21:21 UTC
Why do you want to punish someone for maybe not finding a group of people they enjoy playing EvE with? People have the right to be dissatisfied with a Corp and shouldn't have to worry about being picky. Also this should be posted to features and ideas discussion not to General discussion.
Lazarus R Crimson
Dark Venture Corporation
#4 - 2014-10-29 13:26:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Lazarus R Crimson
The Player behind the character is what is important.

The character is simple a glove into which the player inserts his guiding hand.

For example i have approximatley 79 characters with all kinds of names, Mostly with the surname Crimson. INfiltraded throughout the game world. I have a character in just about every major alliance and mega-corporation in the game. Meaning there is very little happening(or not happening as the case usually is) that i don't know about.

So now when you trust my alt that has been hibernating in a npc corp for 4 months and he looks all 'legit' etc, What kind of fool do you think that makes you look like ?

P.s. sorry for terrible Grammar and spelling etc.

p.p.s. everything i wrote in this post is simply made up and hypothetical, but is entierly possible. Or is it ? The point is you cant really judge any chatacter by looking at his employment history any more than you can by looking at his Bio or Portrait.
Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#5 - 2014-10-29 13:31:30 UTC
Khun SP wrote:
I often like to read Bio and Employment History of random people and of those who are close to myself.

Whenever I see large employment histories I facepalm and automatically untrust that pilot, because he is either a child who doesn't know what to do and changes his mind so easily, or maybe his behaviour is not adequate and he's kicked in less than few weeks each run.

In my opinion, 1-2 corp a year is the limit, although jumping from one corp to the next one each six months on a regular basis is still somehow unstable, childish and weird. The rule of thumb is if you get a scroll bar on your employment history, bad news.

On the other hand, when I find a guy in the same corp for 2+ years (not a NPC) I then admire and trust his loyalty and psychological balance :)

By your metric this character is untrustworthy, before the standings requirement for POS anchoring changed I created and sold corps with the required standings, hence I have quite a long employment history.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

flakeys
Doomheim
#6 - 2014-10-29 13:39:51 UTC
Khun SP wrote:

Look at my corp history , and hope your pc doesn't get stuck while trying to load it.

In all my eve time i have only had one corp wich i resigned from due to having ''arguements'' and have not once been kicked from a corp in my eve time.Never have stolen isk , most of the times when i joined a corp i gave a LOT more to it then i got from it.

Some people like me just like to do everything in eve and as such we try to see as much as possible in a short time span.It doesn't have anything to do with being dishonest , or a person who can't get around well with others as i still have contact with a LOT of old corp mates even going back to 2004.
It's just a way of playing the game.I have quite the opposite feeling you have , if i see someone who has been in a corp for years and i know that corp has worked only in nullsec/lowsec or another part of eve during that whole time i ask myself ''damn dude , when you quit eve after years of playing you will only have seen a shadow of what the game offfers''.I am currently on ''retired mode'' but i can at least say that i have seen and done it all in eve , well that is besides scamming/ganking in empire but that's just something i really dislike.

There's an old song wich basically says it all :

They call me the wanderer
Yeah, the wanderer
I roam around, around, around

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.

Grauth Thorner
Vicious Trading Company
#7 - 2014-10-29 13:43:45 UTC
Sure you can get some info about people by reading their employment history, even though you don't know the reason behind the amount of corporations he's been in. But "The rule of thumb is if you get a scroll bar on your employment history, bad news." is a rather bad rule of thumb if you'd ask me..

View real-time damage statistics in-game

>EVE Live DPS Graph application forum thread

>iciclesoft.com

Gregor Parud
Imperial Academy
#8 - 2014-10-29 13:46:44 UTC
Most people/corps/alliances aren't as good as their advertise to be, in fact most of them are hilariously terrible filled with moron clowns. There's 4 ways to deal with that:

- be really lucky
- have insider information on a good corp
- don't join corps
- keep trying different ones till you find one that's not ****

So while it most certainly can mean "pilot is an ADHD short attention span ******, not worth putting effort into" it can also mean "pilot has standards and isn't willing to waste his time on morons".
Samir Duran Xadi
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#9 - 2014-10-29 13:50:46 UTC
people are stuck with companies and jobs they dont like irl, the last thing they want is to do the same in a game.
Jean Luc Lemmont
Carebears on Fire
#10 - 2014-10-29 14:25:22 UTC
Gregor Parud wrote:
"pilot has standards and isn't willing to waste his time on morons".

This. I deal with enough morons at work. I don't need to deal with them for fun too.

Will I get banned for boxing!?!?!

This thread has degenerated to the point it's become like two bald men fighting over a comb. -- Doc Fury

It's bonuses, not boni, you cretins.

Serene Repose
#11 - 2014-10-29 14:48:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Serene Repose
Lazarus R Crimson wrote:

Eve is just a game.

Spoken like either an awoxer or someone with very little insight into this game.

If I wanted to jump from corp to corp attacking my corpmates and stealing then leaving, I'd LOVE for my employment history to be incomplete. As it is, since I don't want to hire someone who does that, I like it just fine.
FURTHERMORE...how would I know if someone was previously employed by a group wanting to put me on the slab?

If you're against "us" having access to your employment history...I guess you're one of those untrustworthy sorts.
Let us know by telling us in this thread. There's a good dummy.

We must accommodate the idiocracy.

ggodhsup
relocation LLC.
#12 - 2014-10-29 17:17:18 UTC
Serene Repose wrote:
Lazarus R Crimson wrote:

Eve is just a game.

Spoken like either a Haxxer or someone with very little insight into this game.

If I wanted to jump from corp to corp attacking my corpmates and stealing then leaving, I'd LOVE for my employment history to be incomplete. As it is, since I don't want to hire someone who does that, I like it just fine.
FURTHERMORE...how would I know if someone was previously employed by a group wanting to put me on the slab?

If you're against "us" having access to your employment history...I guess you're one of those untrustworthy sorts.
Let us know by telling us in this thread. There's a good dummy.

you have some hangups there fella.

eve is just a game.

employment history means very little.

Caviar Liberta
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#13 - 2014-10-29 17:24:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Caviar Liberta
The same could be said about you also I guess. Joining a player corp after only having played the game 3 days.
Heather Austrene
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#14 - 2014-10-29 19:07:11 UTC
Hmm, i have 11 entries after playing for less than 3 months. Only 3 are actual unique player corps though. All the other movement is from war dodging (think what you want of that). As of yet, I haven't found a corp that feels like home. I didn't like how 2 corps shut down during war, and I quickly left the third because I didn't like the tone/mood/attitude demonstrated in the communication between members. But if I find a corp where I feel comfortable and does the full gambit of gameplay, I will probably be the most stable, trustworthy member around.

My alts have less movement, so they must be much more trustworthy, LOL.
Josef Djugashvilis
#15 - 2014-10-29 19:12:04 UTC
Too many corps claim to be really active, a player decides to join them, only to find that they alone are the active corp member.

This is not a signature.

Hasikan Miallok
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#16 - 2014-10-29 22:24:12 UTC
So if you have been a member of BoB for like 10 years that is a bad thing ?

... ummh wait
Lone Gunman
Forhotea Corporation
#17 - 2014-10-29 22:50:00 UTC
What's wrong with you guys? I have been on unemployment for 11 years 5 months and 26 days and I have no Corp history.
Adira Nictor
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#18 - 2014-10-29 23:18:15 UTC
Lone Gunman wrote:
What's wrong with you guys? I have been on unemployment for 11 years 5 months and 26 days and I have no Corp history.

Can trust this guy 100%, no corp history, not a corp theif or awoxer. :P
Primary This Rifter
Mutual Fund of the Something
#19 - 2014-10-29 23:33:11 UTC
I've been in this corp for 2.5 years now and you'd be surprised at the amount of times I've almost been kicked out over arguments.
Hicksimus
Torgue
#20 - 2014-10-29 23:35:30 UTC
My corp history annoys people and makes it harder for me to switch corporations.

But it's a game....

Some days I'm in the CFC.....some days I'm PL.....some days I'm a renter.....once I was in what I believe to be the best small gang pvp corp in EvE(A4D).....I invaded a wormhole solo once(the locals became nice when they couldn't manage to kill my viator with 5 bombers) and another time I simply lived in one solo for months, I've even been part of C6 operations. If I'd stayed in 1 corp/alliance I wouldn't have had such a wide range of EvE experiences and I think I'd be worse off for that.

Recruitment Officer: What type of a pilot are you? Me: I've been described as a Ray Charles with Parkinsons and a drinking problem.

12Next page