These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page
 

RE: BRING BACK THE FIXED DED SITES..!!

First post
Author
Captain Skarlet
Elemental Exploration
Quantum Decadence
#1 - 2014-10-18 19:02:55 UTC
Being an Eve veteran I've seen a lot of changes in EVE over the past few years, some have been good and some bad.

I was chatting to my son Captain Nyko and we both came to the conclusion that Eve has become some what boring these days.

We miss the fix position DED Sites like the Serpentis Drug Den, which we visited regularly in our early years, this rewarded us with pirate faction mods all the time. Then there was the Rouge Drone Infestation Site a DED 2, which rewarded us with special alloys.

Visiting these sites regularly came with there risks, which involved PvP, as some player would turn up and steal the contents from your kill's

I know there still is a DED Site in Deltole and another 2 jumps from there though that seams to be it..

The new DED Sites, which now have to be scanned down, as yet haven't rewarded me with anything, apart from T1 rubbish. What has happened with finding pirate faction and faction mods, even the Drone sites have nothing of interest anymore.??

I don't want to say it, though after taking some 5 to 10 minutes scanning a site down, then we get nothing begs the question "What's the bloody point"..

It seams CCP have forgotten the small Corp's and individuals who play Eve Online..

Please bring back the fixed position DED Sites like they were before, with the rewards we used to get, we miss this side of Eve..

Paranoid Loyd
#2 - 2014-10-18 19:07:58 UTC
Try getting out of high sec. Roll

"There is only one authority in this game, and that my friend is violence. The supreme authority upon which all other authority is derived." ISD Max Trix

Fix the Prospect!

Abrazzar
Vardaugas Family
#3 - 2014-10-18 19:28:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Abrazzar
They were farmed almost constantly. I still have a few dozen centi items from my farming in Tash-Murkon. Head a roundabout route through all complexes in the region. Made me quite some money. But I'm glad they're gone.
Regnag Leppod
Doomheim
#4 - 2014-10-18 20:35:29 UTC
Captain Skarlet wrote:


Please bring back the fixed position DED Sites like they were before, with the rewards we used to get, we miss this side of Eve..



Only null-sec is allowed to make isk. Everyone else is required to quit the game.
ISD Ezwal
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
#5 - 2014-10-18 20:54:19 UTC
This thread has been moved to Features & Ideas Discussion.

I also removed an of topic post.

ISD Ezwal Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Captain Skarlet
Elemental Exploration
Quantum Decadence
#6 - 2014-10-19 10:07:10 UTC
Abrazzar wrote:
But I'm glad they're gone.


I'm definitely not, as this gave opportunities to small Corp's and individuals to earn isk in the game..

The one thing that CCP would need to do, is the DED Sites that have a second room is to create a nasty NCP spawn prior to the site re-spawn.. This will eliminate any players who are camping in there just waiting for the rewards, thus forcing them to do the site from the beginning again..!!
Donnachadh
United Allegiance of Undesirables
#7 - 2014-10-19 17:30:45 UTC
Paranoid Loyd wrote:
Try getting out of high sec. Roll

Damn I grow tired of this comment. Low, nul and even WH are waste lands why if they are so great?
If low, nul WH offered what players want why don't they move there?
This comment also illustrates another common problem we have in this game. "I think high sec is boring so everyone else needs to think that way". News flash dude for a lot of us the high sec game is just what "WE WANT" only we would like a few adjustments. Tried low sec, tried WH and have a son and more than a dozen of my RL friends that play in nul and I want no part of any of those they simply do not fit the way I want to play this game.

Back to the OP.
I have a slightly different perspective on the same issue.
There used to be sites in high that you had to have max skills and a tech 2 scan ship to find and that rewarded those of us who choose to train the skills and buy the equipment, now any first day scan character can get 100% signal on all of those sites.
I like these changes in that it allows for a lower cost of entry (for lack of a better term ) so many players can experience this activity. But they need to add levels like there is in missions, there would be starter sites like level 1 missions that anyone can find and run up through level 4 sites that would require a fully skilled pilot, best equipment and a lvl 4 capable combat ship to run. The rewards would have to be scaled as well and I think using the average ISK for lvl 1 to lvl 4 missions would be a good place to start for these rewards.
Ix Method
Doomheim
#8 - 2014-10-19 18:36:33 UTC
Captain Skarlet wrote:
Abrazzar wrote:
But I'm glad they're gone.


I'm definitely not, as this gave opportunities to small Corp's and individuals to earn isk in the game..

I'm sorry but highsec is literally shitting isk into the game atm, particularly with a bit of organisation and effort. If you really, particularly need fixed sites to farm there's plenty of Cosmos sites for you to go wild in.

Travelling at the speed of love.

Tabyll Altol
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#9 - 2014-10-20 06:51:52 UTC
Donnachadh wrote:
Paranoid Loyd wrote:
Try getting out of high sec. Roll

Damn I grow tired of this comment. Low, nul and even WH are waste lands why if they are so great?
If low, nul WH offered what players want why don't they move there?
This comment also illustrates another common problem we have in this game. "I think high sec is boring so everyone else needs to think that way". News flash dude for a lot of us the high sec game is just what "WE WANT" only we would like a few adjustments. Tried low sec, tried WH and have a son and more than a dozen of my RL friends that play in nul and I want no part of any of those they simply do not fit the way I want to play this game.

Back to the OP.
I have a slightly different perspective on the same issue.
There used to be sites in high that you had to have max skills and a tech 2 scan ship to find and that rewarded those of us who choose to train the skills and buy the equipment, now any first day scan character can get 100% signal on all of those sites.
I like these changes in that it allows for a lower cost of entry (for lack of a better term ) so many players can experience this activity. But they need to add levels like there is in missions, there would be starter sites like level 1 missions that anyone can find and run up through level 4 sites that would require a fully skilled pilot, best equipment and a lvl 4 capable combat ship to run. The rewards would have to be scaled as well and I think using the average ISK for lvl 1 to lvl 4 missions would be a good place to start for these rewards.


No they do not need more money making activitys in highsec. Leave the secure space to make more money or at least don´t complain about other getting more money or better content. Change your point of view and don´t ruin the game with pushing all content into the highsec.

mfg
Syrias Bizniz
some random local shitlords
#10 - 2014-10-20 08:08:59 UTC
These sites were doing exceptionally well in LowSec, where they were thriving frigate pvp grounds. Especially the Heild system was really busy and i miss those times.

Keep them out of Highsec, though, cause that's where the abuse was happening.
Nevyn Auscent
Broke Sauce
#11 - 2014-10-20 08:28:33 UTC
Ix Method wrote:

I'm sorry but highsec is literally shitting isk into the game atm, particularly with a bit of organisation and effort. If you really, particularly need fixed sites to farm there's plenty of Cosmos sites for you to go wild in.

Null Sec ratting/anoms are the largest isk faucet by miles
WH Blue loot to NPC buy orders are the second largest isk faucet.

Get your facts right. Overall value created might be different but per player I'd wager High Sec has the lowest actual value creation occurring also.
Market trade does not create any value in the game at all, it actually destroys value. It only moves isk from one person to another, and almost certainly a lot of the market traders are alts of null/wh/low players.
Captain Skarlet
Elemental Exploration
Quantum Decadence
#12 - 2014-10-20 09:28:56 UTC
Syrias Bizniz wrote:
These sites were doing exceptionally well in LowSec, where they were thriving frigate pvp grounds. Especially the Heild system was really busy and i miss those times.

Keep them out of Highsec, though, cause that's where the abuse was happening.


Yep and this is what I'm talking about, ignorant words from someone who's in a big Corp in a big Alliance, who has the security and backup in low Sec space..

This sadly is why EVE has gone the way it's gone, because there's to many people on the CCP board of idea's who are in Big Corp's & Alliances, who expect everyone else to do and be the bloody same..!!

Why have I got to join and be in a big corp / alliance just to survive in EVE, because I have to go into Low Sec space, what has happened with the game..?

I am wondering how many players have given up EVE, because they don't like the fact that they are being forced to go into Low Sec to make any money, though saying that I have done Low Sec and WH space in Singularity (Test) hitting Sleeper site etc.. just to see what's available and to be honest , yes the items you find are worth more than in high sec, though do not balance out the risk of losing your ship or pod...

So as Eve players pay a subscription CCP needs to keep game content that supply opportunities for the individual and for the big Corp/Alliance, which sadly they are NOT doing, hence my post..!!
Ix Method
Doomheim
#13 - 2014-10-20 09:59:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Ix Method
Nevyn Auscent wrote:
Ix Method wrote:

I'm sorry but highsec is literally shitting isk into the game atm, particularly with a bit of organisation and effort. If you really, particularly need fixed sites to farm there's plenty of Cosmos sites for you to go wild in.

Null Sec ratting/anoms are the largest isk faucet by miles
WH Blue loot to NPC buy orders are the second largest isk faucet.

Get your facts right. Overall value created might be different but per player I'd wager High Sec has the lowest actual value creation occurring also.
Market trade does not create any value in the game at all, it actually destroys value. It only moves isk from one person to another, and almost certainly a lot of the market traders are alts of null/wh/low players.

And so? Nullsec pays better and? Are you seriously suggesting you can't make a ridiculous amount of isk from PVE in highsec?

The OP is pleading poverty because of mechanics changes, I'm suggesting that's he's simply not putting the effort in. Not sure what your point is other than... no, no idea.

Travelling at the speed of love.

Tikitina
Doomheim
#14 - 2014-10-20 10:24:39 UTC
Regnag Leppod wrote:
Captain Skarlet wrote:


Please bring back the fixed position DED Sites like they were before, with the rewards we used to get, we miss this side of Eve..



Only null-sec is allowed to make isk. Everyone else is required to quit the game.



Its not like players who operate in HiSec add any value to the game. They don't make things or generate any other type of gameplay.

Why is HiSec even in this game? Just to make fun of?

Syrias Bizniz
some random local shitlords
#15 - 2014-10-20 10:47:00 UTC
Captain Skarlet wrote:
Syrias Bizniz wrote:
These sites were doing exceptionally well in LowSec, where they were thriving frigate pvp grounds. Especially the Heild system was really busy and i miss those times.

Keep them out of Highsec, though, cause that's where the abuse was happening.


Yep and this is what I'm talking about, ignorant words from someone who's in a big Corp in a big Alliance, who has the security and backup in low Sec space..

This sadly is why EVE has gone the way it's gone, because there's to many people on the CCP board of idea's who are in Big Corp's & Alliances, who expect everyone else to do and be the bloody same..!!

Why have I got to join and be in a big corp / alliance just to survive in EVE, because I have to go into Low Sec space, what has happened with the game..?

I am wondering how many players have given up EVE, because they don't like the fact that they are being forced to go into Low Sec to make any money, though saying that I have done Low Sec and WH space in Singularity (Test) hitting Sleeper site etc.. just to see what's available and to be honest , yes the items you find are worth more than in high sec, though do not balance out the risk of losing your ship or pod...

So as Eve players pay a subscription CCP needs to keep game content that supply opportunities for the individual and for the big Corp/Alliance, which sadly they are NOT doing, hence my post..!!



Nice rant, but let me tell you, when i was doing those Static DED sites i only had myself and a bloody rifter, so here's some harsh, yet wise words:

LEARN TO PLAY.


EVE is about Risk vs Reward. And you don't get rewarded for getting blown up in Low- or Nullsec, you get rewarded for being smart, knowing the risks and knowing how to deal with them.


And a 50k player Blue Donut won't save your f'cking exploration ship if you're too bad to avoid dangerous situations.


And if you want shiny pirate loot in highsec, look for a station / system with a good chunk of L4 security agents you can farm, and if you get a World's Collide you farm it for a week.
Corraidhin Farsaidh
Singularity Expedition Services
Singularity Syndicate
#16 - 2014-10-20 10:52:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Corraidhin Farsaidh
Tikitina wrote:
Regnag Leppod wrote:
Captain Skarlet wrote:


Please bring back the fixed position DED Sites like they were before, with the rewards we used to get, we miss this side of Eve..



Only null-sec is allowed to make isk. Everyone else is required to quit the game.



Its not like players who operate in HiSec add any value to the game. They don't make things or generate any other type of gameplay.

Why is HiSec even in this game? Just to make fun of?



Heh, Imake plenty of things as a sideline, currently tech II hulls and starbase towers/fuels.. I also scan and run combat anoms in what's basically a race to win the loot that *might* drop. I chat with the people I run into and often run sites with them instead of solo.

I feel I may need to be slapped with a wet fish for being so damned sociable whilst competing with other players in ways that don't actually involve opening fire on them. And yes I do have fun in my current gameplay. From the competition that is, not the wet fish...

WRT to OP: I like the scanning aspect, it gives valuable minutes to the first into the site that can allow you to win the race. It also mixes up the skills required to effectively run combat anoms.
Captain Skarlet
Elemental Exploration
Quantum Decadence
#17 - 2014-10-20 11:18:59 UTC
Syrias Bizniz wrote:
Captain Skarlet wrote:
Syrias Bizniz wrote:
These sites were doing exceptionally well in LowSec, where they were thriving frigate pvp grounds. Especially the Heild system was really busy and i miss those times.

Keep them out of Highsec, though, cause that's where the abuse was happening.


Yep and this is what I'm talking about, ignorant words from someone who's in a big Corp in a big Alliance, who has the security and backup in low Sec space..

This sadly is why EVE has gone the way it's gone, because there's to many people on the CCP board of idea's who are in Big Corp's & Alliances, who expect everyone else to do and be the bloody same..!!

Why have I got to join and be in a big corp / alliance just to survive in EVE, because I have to go into Low Sec space, what has happened with the game..?

I am wondering how many players have given up EVE, because they don't like the fact that they are being forced to go into Low Sec to make any money, though saying that I have done Low Sec and WH space in Singularity (Test) hitting Sleeper site etc.. just to see what's available and to be honest , yes the items you find are worth more than in high sec, though do not balance out the risk of losing your ship or pod...

So as Eve players pay a subscription CCP needs to keep game content that supply opportunities for the individual and for the big Corp/Alliance, which sadly they are NOT doing, hence my post..!!



Nice rant, but let me tell you, when i was doing those Static DED sites i only had myself and a bloody rifter, so here's some harsh, yet wise words:

LEARN TO PLAY.


Mmmm yet another ignorant statement from the man in a big corp.. Learn to play what mate..??

EVE is basically a virtual life game where we live the life of a capsuleer and I know how to play the game in the way I want to play it and not the way you want me to play it, based on your limited perspective of the game..!!
Ix Method
Doomheim
#18 - 2014-10-20 11:25:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Ix Method
Captain Skarlet wrote:
Mmmm yet another ignorant statement from the man in a big corp.. Learn to play what mate..??

EVE is basically a virtual life game where we live the life of a capsuleer and I know how to play the game in the way I want to play it and not the way you want me to play it, based on your limited perspective of the game..!!

So because you want easy sites to farm on your doorstep you should get easy sites to farm on your doorstep?

Travelling at the speed of love.

Captain Skarlet
Elemental Exploration
Quantum Decadence
#19 - 2014-10-20 11:29:04 UTC
Tabyll Altol wrote:
Donnachadh wrote:
Paranoid Loyd wrote:
Try getting out of high sec. Roll

Damn I grow tired of this comment. Low, nul and even WH are waste lands why if they are so great?
If low, nul WH offered what players want why don't they move there?
This comment also illustrates another common problem we have in this game. "I think high sec is boring so everyone else needs to think that way". News flash dude for a lot of us the high sec game is just what "WE WANT" only we would like a few adjustments. Tried low sec, tried WH and have a son and more than a dozen of my RL friends that play in nul and I want no part of any of those they simply do not fit the way I want to play this game.

Back to the OP.
I have a slightly different perspective on the same issue.
There used to be sites in high that you had to have max skills and a tech 2 scan ship to find and that rewarded those of us who choose to train the skills and buy the equipment, now any first day scan character can get 100% signal on all of those sites.
I like these changes in that it allows for a lower cost of entry (for lack of a better term ) so many players can experience this activity. But they need to add levels like there is in missions, there would be starter sites like level 1 missions that anyone can find and run up through level 4 sites that would require a fully skilled pilot, best equipment and a lvl 4 capable combat ship to run. The rewards would have to be scaled as well and I think using the average ISK for lvl 1 to lvl 4 missions would be a good place to start for these rewards.


No they do not need more money making activitys in highsec. Leave the secure space to make more money or at least don´t complain about other getting more money or better content. Change your point of view and don´t ruin the game with pushing all content into the highsec.

mfg


I think you have things wrong..??

1, Why has everyone got to leave High Sec Space to make money? Where's the choice..!!
2, No ones asking for more money making activities in High Sec, I'm asking for the ones we used to have, to be brought back..!!
Bagrat Skalski
Koinuun Kotei
#20 - 2014-10-20 11:34:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Bagrat Skalski
They were static - fail. When you know where to find the treasure, you just grind the items and its same boring thing as grinding missions. You now have to move somewhere where you have not been, maybe even to Null Sec and Wormholes when you want shiny stuff dropped. That is good.

I have personally seen rookies few weeks old running data sites in Low. That is the way it should be. They have bigger chances there to have fun and nice loot there considering how low sec is constructed, than in high sec watching how veteran player camps the site with his tech 2 frigate and going out with nothing nearly every time.


Quote:
What has happened with finding pirate faction and faction mods, even the Drone sites have nothing of interest anymore.??


I too have been cursing the loot tables sometimes, but then the shiny module dropped and I forgot about that. Maybe it is what you are lacking, perserverance. Random drop is random, but if you are stubborn enough, you will be rewarded, its the first law of running the sites.
12Next page