These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Probe

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

EVE Probe Installer 0.83.5175.0

First post
Author
CCP Snorlax
C C P
C C P Alliance
#1 - 2014-10-13 14:07:07 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Snorlax
Minor update to EVE Probe:

http://files.eveprobe.ccpgames.com/eveprobe-0.83.5175.0.msi

Release Notes:
- Fixed a crash on startup if we fail to get information on video card

Known issue:
- Doesn't start up on Windows XP.

CCP Snorlax - Software Architect - Team RnB - @CCP_Snorlax - http://ccpsnorlax.blogspot.is/

Eva Iwaira
Deep Space Exploration And Excavation
#2 - 2014-10-14 09:00:13 UTC
What does this error mean? I am behind a very restrictive proxy at work that does not allow anything except traffic on the ftp, http and https port.

(Replaced "tags" with ")


Quote:
76 2014.10.14 08:45:59:202 Directive lib:root:/code.ccp : C:/Program Files (x86)/CCP/EVE Probe/code.ccp
77 2014.10.14 08:45:59:251 BlueNet Init failed to import address types from const, BlueNet will fail to route in this state
78 2014.10.14 08:45:59:254 Initialized inifile
79 2014.10.14 08:45:59:343 Unhandled Python exception: BluePyOS::PyError()
80 2014.10.14 08:45:59:343 Traceback (most recent call last):
81 2014.10.14 08:45:59:343 File "F:\perforce\eve\branches\sandbox\RNB-BENCHMARK\evemark\lib\autoexec.py", line 2, in "module"
82 2014.10.14 08:45:59:343 File "F:\perforce\eve\branches\sandbox\RNB-BENCHMARK\evemark\lib\crashes.py", line 21, in register
83 2014.10.14 08:45:59:343 File "F:\perforce\eve\branches\sandbox\RNB-BENCHMARK\evemark\lib\crashes.py", line 9, in get_branch_from_perforce
84 2014.10.14 08:45:59:343 File "F:\perforce\eve\branches\sandbox\RNB-BENCHMARK\packages\devenv\__init__.py", line 115, in GetBranchNameFromPath
85 2014.10.14 08:45:59:343 IndexError: list index out of range
86 2014.10.14 08:45:59:343 Unhandled Python exception: BluePyOS::PyError()
87 2014.10.14 08:45:59:343 Traceback (most recent call last):
88 2014.10.14 08:45:59:343 File "F:\perforce\eve\branches\sandbox\RNB-BENCHMARK\evemark\lib\autoexec.py", line 2, in "module"
89 2014.10.14 08:45:59:343 File "F:\perforce\eve\branches\sandbox\RNB-BENCHMARK\evemark\lib\crashes.py", line 21, in register
90 2014.10.14 08:45:59:343 File "F:\perforce\eve\branches\sandbox\RNB-BENCHMARK\evemark\lib\crashes.py", line 9, in get_branch_from_perforce
91 2014.10.14 08:45:59:343 File "F:\perforce\eve\branches\sandbox\RNB-BENCHMARK\packages\devenv\__init__.py", line 115, in GetBranchNameFromPath
92 2014.10.14 08:45:59:343 IndexError: list index out of range
93 2014.10.14 08:45:59:343 "end of exception"
94 2014.10.14 08:45:59:344 0 : blue.BluePyOS: Unhandled Python exception: BluePyOS::PyError()
95 2014.10.14 08:45:59:344 Traceback (most recent call last):
96 2014.10.14 08:45:59:344 File "F:\perforce\eve\branches\sandbox\RNB-BENCHMARK\evemark\lib\autoexec.py", line 2, in "module"
97 2014.10.14 08:45:59:344 File "F:\perforce\eve\branches\sandbox\RNB-BENCHMARK\evemark\lib\crashes.py", line 21, in register
98 2014.10.14 08:45:59:344 File "F:\perforce\eve\branches\sandbox\RNB-BENCHMARK\evemark\lib\crashes.py", line 9, in get_branch_from_perforce
99 2014.10.14 08:45:59:344 File "F:\perforce\eve\branches\sandbox\RNB-BENCHMARK\packages\devenv\__init__.py", line 115, in GetBranchNameFromPath
100 2014.10.14 08:45:59:344 IndexError: list index out of rang
101 2014.10.14 08:45:59:344 Terminating process by request - returning 0

Lea Bloodtrader
Annuna Corporation
#3 - 2014-10-15 07:00:22 UTC
What about a OS X version?
I think there is a lot of space for testing and improvement.


regards
CCP Snorlax
C C P
C C P Alliance
#4 - 2014-10-15 09:31:27 UTC
Lea Bloodtrader wrote:
What about a OS X version?
I think there is a lot of space for testing and improvement.


regards

It's on the to-do list...

CCP Snorlax - Software Architect - Team RnB - @CCP_Snorlax - http://ccpsnorlax.blogspot.is/

COMM4NDER
Legendary Umbrellas
#5 - 2014-10-15 14:46:32 UTC  |  Edited by: COMM4NDER
Lea Bloodtrader wrote:
What about a OS X version?
I think there is a lot of space for testing and improvement.


regards


I'm pretty sure it works fine with Wine on OSX if you want to test it now. There are some issues where 2 folders are not created but recreating them manually and then launching works fine.
More info = https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=5116344#post5116344

[url=https://github.com/CommanderAlchemy/.bin/blob/master/eve] EVE - Online Launcher [Linux] [/url] Installs, launches character prefixes (both SISI & Tranquility). Simplescreenrecorder shm inject

Salpun
global telstar federation offices
Greater D.U.S.K. Coalition
#6 - 2014-10-18 07:04:21 UTC
Works each build seems to get a little more jerky even though the FPS seems to be recording a rise in the average.

If i dont know something about EVE. I check https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/ISK_The_Guide

See you around the universe.

Nomistrav
Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries Ltd.
Arataka Research Consortium
#7 - 2014-10-24 04:53:19 UTC
This build doesn't seem to want to run on my computer for some reason. Used 0.83.4416 instead and it worked just fine but the FPS readouts seemed a lot different than what I was seeing.

Scene 5: Control Tower
Avg FPS: 16

That scene was buttery smooth for me and didn't seem to have any hiccups until the very very end when the Titans came into view and even then it didn't seem to drop below 30 FPS.

Scene 6: Festival Launchers
Avg FPS: 31

This was one was -really- bad toward the end where I heard my video card get angry and kick the fans into high-gear. FPS dropped to a crawl but it still came out as 31 Average in the results.

"As long as space endures,

as long as sentient beings exist,

until then, may I too remain

and dispel the miseries of the world."

~ Vremaja Idama

SamuraiJack
Tritanium Industries and Technology
Goonswarm Federation
#8 - 2014-10-24 15:55:34 UTC
Brand new install of Win7.
Brand new install of Eve. (C:\games\eve)
Brand new install of Eve Probe (C:\games\Eve Probe)

Ran eve till launcher screen reported ready. Closed Launcher.

Ran eve probe (both with and without admin. It just sits there saying running)

Figured DX is missing. So manually installed DX9 redistrib from MS website.

Re ran eve probe. Again just "running"

So in light of this, just what does Eve probe EXPECT to have on a machine.

Does it need an Eve install?
Does it need DX9/VCCs etc. (and if so why doesnt it check/tell you to install them)

I'd like to benchmark my current and backup machine and indeed an old Dell 1525 (which amazingly will run eve enough to skill change. its about 6-8fps in station on low)

Would love to help make the client more stable and give you guys more data on where/what Eve is being ran on.

Current machine is a AMD 955 3.2ghz AM2+/3, 8gb ram, 120gb intel ssd + 6tb of storage space, ATI 4770 512mb

SJ's Chronicles - http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2103579/CLS-SamuraiJack

COMM4NDER
Legendary Umbrellas
#9 - 2014-10-25 16:40:46 UTC
SamuraiJack wrote:
Brand new install of Win7.
Brand new install of Eve. (C:\games\eve)
Brand new install of Eve Probe (C:\games\Eve Probe)

Ran eve till launcher screen reported ready. Closed Launcher.

Ran eve probe (both with and without admin. It just sits there saying running)

Figured DX is missing. So manually installed DX9 redistrib from MS website.

Re ran eve probe. Again just "running"

So in light of this, just what does Eve probe EXPECT to have on a machine.

Does it need an Eve install?
Does it need DX9/VCCs etc. (and if so why doesnt it check/tell you to install them)

I'd like to benchmark my current and backup machine and indeed an old Dell 1525 (which amazingly will run eve enough to skill change. its about 6-8fps in station on low)

Would love to help make the client more stable and give you guys more data on where/what Eve is being ran on.

Current machine is a AMD 955 3.2ghz AM2+/3, 8gb ram, 120gb intel ssd + 6tb of storage space, ATI 4770 512mb


EVE Probe is standalone benchmark tool so you dont need anything else. Also the needed libs will be installed silently when installing the tool from what i know.

[url=https://github.com/CommanderAlchemy/.bin/blob/master/eve] EVE - Online Launcher [Linux] [/url] Installs, launches character prefixes (both SISI & Tranquility). Simplescreenrecorder shm inject

CCP Snorlax
C C P
C C P Alliance
#10 - 2014-10-26 16:17:14 UTC
COMM4NDER wrote:
SamuraiJack wrote:
Brand new install of Win7.
Brand new install of Eve. (C:\games\eve)
Brand new install of Eve Probe (C:\games\Eve Probe)

Ran eve till launcher screen reported ready. Closed Launcher.

Ran eve probe (both with and without admin. It just sits there saying running)

Figured DX is missing. So manually installed DX9 redistrib from MS website.

Re ran eve probe. Again just "running"

So in light of this, just what does Eve probe EXPECT to have on a machine.

Does it need an Eve install?
Does it need DX9/VCCs etc. (and if so why doesnt it check/tell you to install them)

I'd like to benchmark my current and backup machine and indeed an old Dell 1525 (which amazingly will run eve enough to skill change. its about 6-8fps in station on low)

Would love to help make the client more stable and give you guys more data on where/what Eve is being ran on.

Current machine is a AMD 955 3.2ghz AM2+/3, 8gb ram, 120gb intel ssd + 6tb of storage space, ATI 4770 512mb


EVE Probe is standalone benchmark tool so you dont need anything else. Also the needed libs will be installed silently when installing the tool from what i know.

EVE Probe should not depend on anything special, and should install any missing DX parts if needed. We have heard reports of it not starting up on fresh installs of Windows 8.1, but of course seems to work just fine we try this ourselves. One report we heard was resolved by installing the EVE client - maybe that's worth a try. Please let us know if that works for you - we're anxious to find out what dependencies we may be missing.

CCP Snorlax - Software Architect - Team RnB - @CCP_Snorlax - http://ccpsnorlax.blogspot.is/

SamuraiJack
Tritanium Industries and Technology
Goonswarm Federation
#11 - 2014-10-26 16:33:38 UTC  |  Edited by: SamuraiJack
CCP Snorlax wrote:

EVE Probe should not depend on anything special, and should install any missing DX parts if needed. We have heard reports of it not starting up on fresh installs of Windows 8.1, but of course seems to work just fine we try this ourselves. One report we heard was resolved by installing the EVE client - maybe that's worth a try. Please let us know if that works for you - we're anxious to find out what dependencies we may be missing.


Seems a reboot made it work. Bit odd.

I'll be trying the Eve Probe on my backup machine and also on an old Dell Inspirion 1525 that i use to skill change on. I know the results will suck but its worth it for the data points.

I'm assuming btw that eve probe uses highres settings to benchmark with. Is it possible you can do a max run and a minimium run for lower spec machines in Eve Probe at all?

Maxed out for showing off is nice, but being able to run Probe to see if a machine can give reasonable framerates may help for ppl wanting to play eve on laptops or lower class machines.

:edit: i posted my results in the results thread btw.

SJ's Chronicles - http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2103579/CLS-SamuraiJack

SamuraiJack
Tritanium Industries and Technology
Goonswarm Federation
#12 - 2014-10-28 15:13:23 UTC
Ok i've broken it :)

You may need to make some tweaks regarding trying the tool on lower spec hardware.

Dell Inspiron 1525. 2Gb Ram, Intel 1.73Ghz T2370 Dual Core Pentium, 160gb Sata laptop drive, Intel Mobile 965 Express GFX running 1200x800.

Eve Probe V.0.83.5175.0 Results

Scene1: N/A Loading bar but no scene
Scene2: N/A Loading bar but no scene
Scene3: N/A Loading bar but no scene
Scene4: N/A Loading bar but no scene
Scene5: N/A (it did load the tower build animation however)
Scene6: 1 fps 99mb

Eve does run on this laptop however (6-8 FPS in station with everything on low.)

SJ's Chronicles - http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2103579/CLS-SamuraiJack

Galphii
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#13 - 2014-11-14 01:44:42 UTC
A clever tool! Just ran it while trying to find the reason Eve has been very choppy for me lately. Ever since the new cloaking effects came along, things loading onto the grid have caused substantial framerate drops. Was the Space Object Factory brought out around the same time? Anyway, not sure this graphics test will help with my problem as it doesn't load things into a scene like the game does when landing on grid etc.

"Wow, that internet argument completely changed my fundamental belief system," said no one, ever.

TheSmokingHertog
Julia's Interstellar Trade Emperium
#14 - 2014-11-14 02:19:19 UTC
can we get an autoupdater?

"Dogma is kind of like quantum physics, observing the dogma state will change it." ~ CCP Prism X

"Schrödinger's Missile. I dig it." ~ Makari Aeron

-= "Brain in a Box on Singularity" - April 2015 =-

Metis Laxon
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#15 - 2014-11-19 01:23:21 UTC
Any new updates or some outcome posts planned in the near future?