These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Limit burner missions jumps from agent station proposal

Author
Queotzcatl
RENEGADES YIY HEKATEK
#1 - 2014-10-06 08:02:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Queotzcatl
Today i got my first Burner team mission, it was 11 jumps away and two jumps into low-sec.
I would like to see if also others player think there could be a nerf to the number of of jumps allowed for these missions.
I could get a mobile dep with me and refit before entering site, once in lo-sec.
0-5 jumps is ok, more than standard 0-3 jumps, but 11 is just too much, i guess..

for CCP, maybe I'm in wrong category, maybe better features and ideas fit than mission. well its not a great topic, anyway, i read other comments saying the same thing, so i thought to make it a proposal would have been more useful.

1- lower new team burner mission jumps spawn to normal 5 jumps maximum
DeMichael Crimson
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#2 - 2014-10-07 02:01:27 UTC
Well, I can understand the issue about those missions having large amount of jumps which end in low sec.

In my opinion the stealth motive behind those missions is for players to lose a lot of ISK. And according to stats that CCP posted a while ago, it seems to be working.

Personally I don't like the way those missions are implemented nor how the game mechanics for them work.

Those missions should be available in all levels (difficulty and reward equal to Agent level) and be offered by new Agents in a new Division. Those missions should also be governed by the same mechanics as Research Agents. Basically the Agent will offer a Burner Mission once every 24 hrs. Course there would be quite a few of these new Agents available so if players only wanted to do Burner Missions, then the players would have to travel around.

Anyway, I digress.

Fitting up a bling Frigate to run those missions 11 jumps away ending in low sec sounds like a Turkey Shoot.

DMC
Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#3 - 2014-10-07 02:37:59 UTC
DeMichael Crimson wrote:
Fitting up a bling Frigate to run those missions 11 jumps away ending in low sec sounds like a Turkey Shoot.

DMC

unless pirates have gotten a whole lot better recently you will be in and out before they even launch probes. not to mention figure out what you are doing and switch to a ship with a chance of killing you. That said there are a few systems I would probably just avoid out of principle.

@ChainsawPlankto on twitter

Queotzcatl
RENEGADES YIY HEKATEK
#4 - 2014-10-08 10:43:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Queotzcatl
Chainsaw Plankton wrote:
DeMichael Crimson wrote:

DMC

unless pirates have gotten a whole lot better recently you will be in and out before they even launch probes. not to mention figure out what you are doing and switch to a ship with a chance of killing you. That said there are a few systems I would probably just avoid out of principle.

Well, yes... i scouted first the route, as my second burner team mission was again into low-sec, this time 8 jumps from home.
lots of pods destroyed within last hour... the system was filled with frozen corpses...
a Buzzard with probes out was constantly monitoring the system for preys.
but no bubbles at entrance-exit.
So i went in. but lost my Retribution for a wrong rig.
I got back to home and took the Garmur.
as fast as i could.
I killed the Jaguar, recovered what was left of my retribution fit, and for the first time, got a serpentis EM resist from the burner worth 20M.
maybe the buzzard wasn't looking for me after all... he had plenty of time... dread pirates eat Indipendence hot-dogs! Pirate

edit- if low-sec equal higher loot rewards.... then its well accepted!
(Why so many jumps?)
Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#5 - 2014-10-08 18:18:29 UTC
but yes 11 jumps even in a frig just seems annoying.

and now I am tempted to take lowsec burner missions where I can kite the burner and wait for other players to warp in on me and let the burner kill them Pirate

@ChainsawPlankto on twitter

Estella Osoka
Perkone
Caldari State
#6 - 2014-10-09 13:57:33 UTC
Chainsaw Plankton wrote:
but yes 11 jumps even in a frig just seems annoying.

and now I am tempted to take lowsec burner missions where I can kite the burner and wait for other players to warp in on me and let the burner kill them Pirate

I approve/support this idea!
Antillie Sa'Kan
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#7 - 2014-10-09 16:18:21 UTC
Chainsaw Plankton wrote:

You sir are an excellent EVE player.
Shey Nabali
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#8 - 2014-10-10 06:02:31 UTC
Very few people bother scanning down frigs. It takes awhile and it's a pain in the ass. On top of that even if you get a 100% scan on them, they are extremely hard to catch. So meh. Unless you are in like, a super slow aligning vengeance or something, that might get caught on gate, you are 99% safe.
Queotzcatl
RENEGADES YIY HEKATEK
#9 - 2014-10-10 17:45:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Queotzcatl
DeMichael Crimson wrote:
Well, I can understand the issue about those missions having large amount of jumps which end in low sec.

In my opinion the stealth motive behind those missions is for players to lose a lot of ISK. And according to stats that CCP posted a while ago, it seems to be working.

Personally I don't like the way those missions are implemented nor how the game mechanics for them work.

Those missions should be available in all levels (difficulty and reward equal to Agent level) and be offered by new Agents in a new Division. Those missions should also be governed by the same mechanics as Research Agents. Basically the Agent will offer a Burner Mission once every 24 hrs. Course there would be quite a few of these new Agents available so if players only wanted to do Burner Missions, then the players would have to travel around.

Anyway, I digress.

DMC

actually you are right.... its just that.... recently people have learned to die less... so they cranked the difficulty up... it all makes sense... my last five burner and burner team mission were all in lo-sec....