These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

What Would You Propose? - Interceptor and Interdictor Balance Tweaks

Author
Darth Gustav
Sith Interstellar Tech Harvesting
#1 - 2014-09-15 08:55:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Darth Gustav
The dev blog said to come here and look for a thread coming soon, and the chance to possibly contribute. Well, I have some things I'd like to contribute if given that chance, how about you?

I would imagine everybody has a different take on a second balance pass for interceptors and interdictors. Let's be honest, we all have our favorites. With that said, here are the balance changes I would make to Interceptors and Interdictors:

Crow: -20 m/s, -3% hull hp, -4% armor hp

The Crow should not under any circumstances be able to kite a blaster Interceptor while scoring hits with weapons which cannot be mitigated up to beyond its point range. That's absurdly OP. Slow it down a bit and knock a little off its hull and armor. Done.

Eris: +1 mid slot, 7.5% per interdictors skill level web velocity bonus, +1 MW +25 CPU

The Eris sucks. Give it a niche of being able to hold targets inside the bubbles it creates. You'll drive demand for Erises in fleets and make the sandbox more interesting in one fell swoop. If necessary, give the other interdictor hulls comparable e-war bonuses so that nobody can complain about this being the only platform.

Honestly, I don't have a problem with any of the other hulls in comparison to these two standouts, one of which is vastly too good and the other vastly underpowered. What would you change to complete the balancing process for interceptors and interdictors?

As a final note, try to stick to specific changes you would make to balance interceptors and interdictors, as opposed to bickering with other posters over their own ideas. Ready, go!

He who trolls trolls best when he who is trolled trolls the troller. -Darth Gustav's Axiom

Rivr Luzade
Coreli Corporation
Pandemic Legion
#2 - 2014-09-15 09:41:02 UTC
And why is this a separate topic? Are CFC members to elite to post in existing topics like this, this, this , this or this? Or you could actually use the comments of the Dev Blog.

UI Improvement Collective

My ridicule, heavy criticism and general pale outlook about your or CCP's ideas is nothing but an encouragement to prove me wrong. Give it a try.

Alvatore DiMarco
Capricious Endeavours Ltd
#3 - 2014-09-15 09:42:07 UTC
I would propose...

...to wait for the thread.
Kaerakh
Obscure Joke Implied
#4 - 2014-09-15 10:54:44 UTC
Alvatore DiMarco wrote:
I would propose...

...to wait for the thread.

Novel idea that.