These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Test Server Feedback

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Mass test on Singularity on Tuesday, 16th of September, at 17:00 UTC

First post
Author
CCP Habakuk
C C P
C C P Alliance
#1 - 2014-09-11 14:27:13 UTC
Hi!
We are planning a mass test on Singularity on Tuesday, September 16th, at 17:00 UTC (= EVE time).

What exactly is being tested?
  • New cloaking effects
  • Performance of the new way of loading ships (new Space Object Factory)
  • Mac cider update
  • General stability and performance of client and server for Oceanus


How to connect to Singularity for this test:

Test steps:

  • Meet in FD-MLJ at the gate to X-BV98
  • Jump to X-BV98
  • Test cloaking (spread out and cloak)
  • Warp to POS beacon
  • Shoot the control tower
  • Align to Poitot gate
  • Fleet W: Jump to Poitot and setup gate camp
  • Fleet X: Jump to Poitot + fight at the gate


What else should I know?
  • We will be moving players to the test system - join the channel massmoveme
  • 2M Skill points will be awarded on Singularity for this mass test
  • Bring as many different ships as possible. Cynos will be provided
  • Fit a cloaking device, if possible

CCP Habakuk | EVE Quality Assurance | Team Five 0 | (Team Gridlock)

Bug reporting | Mass Testing

CCP Habakuk
C C P
C C P Alliance
#2 - 2014-09-15 18:14:15 UTC
Bump, this mass test is tomorrow. Blink

We need as many different ships as possible and we need as many fitted cloaks as possible.

CCP Habakuk | EVE Quality Assurance | Team Five 0 | (Team Gridlock)

Bug reporting | Mass Testing

Noriko Mai
#3 - 2014-09-15 19:16:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Noriko Mai
Forum Moderation Policy
15. Bumping outside the EVE Marketplace and Alliance & Corporation Recruitment channels is prohibited.

Pirate

"Meh.." - Albert Einstein

Vincent Athena
V.I.C.E.
#4 - 2014-09-16 04:34:07 UTC
If you want to see testers running on a Mac, you better get the Sisi client to update for the Mac. It's not doing so for me. What happens:

I run the launcher with:
open -a "/Applications/EVE Singularity.app" --args /server:87.237.38.50

The launcher updates and closes.

I run the launcher again, same way.

The launcher appears. The progress bar at the bottom of the window is grey, and stays that way. If I feel like it I can enter my name and password, but the play button stays grey. There is no error message, or any other indication something is wrong.

Somewhere I understand there is a way to force an update? My search skills were insufficient to find it.

Know a Frozen fan? Check this out

Frozen fanfiction

Commander Toralen
Doomheim
#5 - 2014-09-16 11:45:05 UTC
My newly purchased character can't participate due to the mirror not happening as planned.
Noriko Mai
#6 - 2014-09-16 12:00:39 UTC
Commander Toralen wrote:
My newly purchased character can't participate due to the mirror not happening as planned.

What was the plan for the mirror?

"Meh.." - Albert Einstein

Commander Toralen
Doomheim
#7 - 2014-09-16 14:30:41 UTC
There's never, "a plan". It just happens whenever they get around to it.
Gumdrop
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#8 - 2014-09-16 14:51:57 UTC
Yeah, can we get a sync before the event?

Probably too late now

Would be nice for there to be more of a schedule as to when the sync happens, I personally would do a tonne more testing if there was regular syncing.
gamr78
Perkone
Caldari State
#9 - 2014-09-16 14:58:15 UTC
Gumdrop wrote:
Yeah, can we get a sync before the event?

Probably too late now

Would be nice for there to be more of a schedule as to when the sync happens, I personally would do a tonne more testing if there was regular syncing.


This was posted not to long ago, https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=4979038#post4979038 no new developments since then, expect no mirror for awhile :(
Noriko Mai
#10 - 2014-09-16 15:58:44 UTC
Commander Toralen wrote:
There's never, "a plan". It just happens whenever they get around to it.

So, if there is no plan. How can the mirror not happening as planned?

"Meh.." - Albert Einstein

CCP Habakuk
C C P
C C P Alliance
#11 - 2014-09-16 16:02:38 UTC
Vincent Athena wrote:
If you want to see testers running on a Mac, you better get the Sisi client to update for the Mac. It's not doing so for me. What happens:

I run the launcher with:
open -a "/Applications/EVE Singularity.app" --args /server:87.237.38.50

The launcher updates and closes.

I run the launcher again, same way.

The launcher appears. The progress bar at the bottom of the window is grey, and stays that way. If I feel like it I can enter my name and password, but the play button stays grey. There is no error message, or any other indication something is wrong.

Somewhere I understand there is a way to force an update? My search skills were insufficient to find it.


The launcher on the Mac should work now. Please reply if it is still broken for you.

CCP Habakuk | EVE Quality Assurance | Team Five 0 | (Team Gridlock)

Bug reporting | Mass Testing

CCP Habakuk
C C P
C C P Alliance
#12 - 2014-09-16 16:06:13 UTC
Noriko Mai wrote:
Commander Toralen wrote:
There's never, "a plan". It just happens whenever they get around to it.

So, if there is no plan. How can the mirror not happening as planned?


There was a plan to mirror last week, but it had to be delayed. It will be done as soon as everything is ready for it.

CCP Habakuk | EVE Quality Assurance | Team Five 0 | (Team Gridlock)

Bug reporting | Mass Testing

Salpun
Global Telstar Federation Offices
Greater D.U.S.K. Coalition
#13 - 2014-09-16 16:07:19 UTC
Just had a double socket closed error probably my end but something you should check out.

If i dont know something about EVE. I check https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/ISK_The_Guide

See you around the universe.

Vincent Athena
V.I.C.E.
#14 - 2014-09-16 16:14:58 UTC
CCP Habakuk wrote:
Vincent Athena wrote:
If you want to see testers running on a Mac, you better get the Sisi client to update for the Mac. It's not doing so for me. What happens:

I run the launcher with:
open -a "/Applications/EVE Singularity.app" --args /server:87.237.38.50

The launcher updates and closes.

I run the launcher again, same way.

The launcher appears. The progress bar at the bottom of the window is grey, and stays that way. If I feel like it I can enter my name and password, but the play button stays grey. There is no error message, or any other indication something is wrong.

Somewhere I understand there is a way to force an update? My search skills were insufficient to find it.


The launcher on the Mac should work now. Please reply if it is still broken for you.

Just tried it a few minutes before seeing your post, and it did work. Thanks!

Know a Frozen fan? Check this out

Frozen fanfiction

Amak Boma
Dragon Factory
#15 - 2014-09-17 07:08:43 UTC
that masstest was great but there should be more tasks to do than shooting ships,poses
CCP Habakuk
C C P
C C P Alliance
#16 - 2014-09-17 10:06:12 UTC
Thank you for participating in the mass test. Skill points have been applied to 477 characters on Singularity

CCP Habakuk | EVE Quality Assurance | Team Five 0 | (Team Gridlock)

Bug reporting | Mass Testing

Meizu Kho
Kho Incorporated
The Lone Space Wolves
#17 - 2014-09-17 17:30:51 UTC
just want to confirm i was very impressed with the performance.

I'm not sure this is helpfull in any way but i tried to record the test:

youtube