These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page
 

Would you like Stats with that?

First post
Author
Mike Azariah
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2014-09-10 07:51:21 UTC
Back in the day there was a Quarterly Economic Newsletter that had oh so many fun numbers and graphs.

Then there was CCP Diagoras who would tweet the odd stat 'most blown up ship' or 'how much ore was mined yesterday'

I would like that to happen again but maybe they need a bid of a nudge. That is where you come in.

What small stat would you like to see. A simple question that does NOT impact the business so no 'how many active subs' stuff.
Nor too focussed like 'How many ships does Chribba have in Amarr'.

Trivia or general.

Here is what the twitter stats looked like https://twitter.com/CCP_Diagoras

Now your turn, ask away.

Mike Azariah  ┬──┬ ¯|(ツ)

Antihrist Pripravnik
Scorpion Road Industry
#2 - 2014-09-10 07:54:51 UTC
Ratio between amount of industry jobs started in stations and industry jobs started at POS-es per section of the space (null, low and highsec). Blink
Arline Kley
PIE Inc.
Praetoria Imperialis Excubitoris
#3 - 2014-09-10 07:58:22 UTC
Which of the races has the smallest user base (by character race that is)

"For it was said they had become like those peculiar demons, which dwell in matter but in whom no light may be found." - Father Grigori, Ravens 3:57

Antihrist Pripravnik
Scorpion Road Industry
#4 - 2014-09-10 08:00:48 UTC
Arline Kley wrote:
Which of the races has the smallest user base (by character race that is)


It's not the whole user base, but it's enough data to be statistically correct:

http://eveboard.com/statistics
Dave Kitaro
Doomheim
#5 - 2014-09-10 08:01:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Dave Kitaro
The number of bots and ISK spammers banned.

Or if that doesn't satisfy the thread requirements, the number of times a destroyed ship has dropped PLEX.
JOSAL EXAN
Obertura
#6 - 2014-09-10 08:04:22 UTC
The amount of EVE-is-dead-threads per week?
Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#7 - 2014-09-10 08:06:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Remiel Pollard
I need to see exactly how much soil is being traded, where it's going, and what it's being used for. We must stop the proliferation of soil in order to keep the tomato population down for :reasons:...

“Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.” - Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen, Pithum Nullifier Training Manual c. YC104

Antihrist Pripravnik
Scorpion Road Industry
#8 - 2014-09-10 08:07:00 UTC
JOSAL EXAN wrote:
The amount of EVE-is-dead-threads per week?


Something like this might be interesting to you: EVE Death-o-meter
Decian Cor
Stronghelm Corporation
Solyaris Chtonium
#9 - 2014-09-10 08:14:00 UTC
How many users stuck with the automated name generator instead of coming up with something on their own.

[u]Unfiltered for the masses.[/u]

http://imgur.com/mzSl1Ie

Chribba
Otherworld Enterprises
Otherworld Empire
#10 - 2014-09-10 08:44:56 UTC
Mike Azariah wrote:
Nor too focussed like 'How many ships does Chribba have in Amarr'
193.


But I would like to know all kinds of random things. Super many Revenants are there.

/c

★★★ Secure 3rd party service ★★★

Visit my in-game channel 'Holy Veldspar'

Twitter @ChribbaVeldspar

Mashie Saldana
I'm Sorry Shoot What?
WE FORM V0LTA
#11 - 2014-09-10 08:52:37 UTC
Value of ships blown up by NPCs/faction police/CONCORD each day.
Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
Transgress
#12 - 2014-09-10 09:54:10 UTC
how many empty freighters actually get ganked,
any stat that will annoy dinsdale.
infact, probably best to have CCP Diagoras just follow his posts and prove him wrong as often as possible
Nevyn Auscent
Broke Sauce
#13 - 2014-09-10 10:22:44 UTC
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:
how many empty freighters actually get ganked,
any stat that will annoy dinsdale.
infact, probably best to have CCP Diagoras just follow his posts and prove him wrong as often as possible

Problem, or good thing is sometimes he's right..
Also right or not, he's a good voice to have around to provide a counter point to goons. Even I agree with them on some things, so having a devils advocate always here helps double check things. Terrible job but someone has to do it.
Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#14 - 2014-09-10 10:28:14 UTC
Nevyn Auscent wrote:
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:
how many empty freighters actually get ganked,
any stat that will annoy dinsdale.
infact, probably best to have CCP Diagoras just follow his posts and prove him wrong as often as possible

Problem, or good thing is sometimes he's right..
Also right or not, he's a good voice to have around to provide a counter point to goons. Even I agree with them on some things, so having a devils advocate always here helps double check things. Terrible job but someone has to do it.


Dinsdale alt detected.

“Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.” - Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen, Pithum Nullifier Training Manual c. YC104

S'Way
Reputation.
Taylor Swift Alliance
#15 - 2014-09-10 10:51:45 UTC  |  Edited by: S'Way
How much Isk is actually generated from NPC bounties in 0.0, low-sec and high-sec respectively.

How many supercapitals are built monthly (and how many are destroyed).

Lots of market data such as volumes traded, buy order totals placed, most / least traded items etc.

Which ships are the most owned by the playerbase.

How much Isk is held on currently active accounts (and how much on inactive accounts too).

How many POS's are anchored in wormhole space, high-sec, low-sec and 0.0.

Player distribution numbers - how many characters are active in 0.0, low-sec, wh's, high-sec.

A list of the rarest items in the game (those with under 100 units total).
Kallie Rae
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#16 - 2014-09-10 11:00:48 UTC
Loved the numbers from CCP Diagoras a few years back, would like for it to return if possible.
Mallak Azaria
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#17 - 2014-09-10 11:07:41 UTC
Remiel Pollard wrote:
Nevyn Auscent wrote:
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:
how many empty freighters actually get ganked,
any stat that will annoy dinsdale.
infact, probably best to have CCP Diagoras just follow his posts and prove him wrong as often as possible

Problem, or good thing is sometimes he's right..
Also right or not, he's a good voice to have around to provide a counter point to goons. Even I agree with them on some things, so having a devils advocate always here helps double check things. Terrible job but someone has to do it.


Dinsdale alt detected.


Nah, if he was a dinsdale alt then he would have accused you of being on the payroll of the CCP/nullsec RMT cartel.

This post was lovingly crafted by a member of the Goonwaffe Posting Cabal, proud member of the popular gay hookup site somethingawful.com, Spelling Bee, Grammar Gestapo & #1 Official Gevlon Goblin Fanclub member.

Mallak Azaria
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#18 - 2014-09-10 11:13:24 UTC
I would personally like to see numbers relating to suicide ganking, so we have the numbers to show whether suicide ganking is actually a problem (FYI Fozzie told me it isn't). Specifically I would like to see the amount of ships per month/quarter (averaged by 30/90 whatever days) that were doing anything but suicide ganking, the number of ships by type successfully ganked, the numbers by type that survived, & how many gank ships of each type were nuked by Concord.

This post was lovingly crafted by a member of the Goonwaffe Posting Cabal, proud member of the popular gay hookup site somethingawful.com, Spelling Bee, Grammar Gestapo & #1 Official Gevlon Goblin Fanclub member.

Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#19 - 2014-09-10 11:17:47 UTC
Mallak Azaria wrote:
Remiel Pollard wrote:
Nevyn Auscent wrote:
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:
how many empty freighters actually get ganked,
any stat that will annoy dinsdale.
infact, probably best to have CCP Diagoras just follow his posts and prove him wrong as often as possible

Problem, or good thing is sometimes he's right..
Also right or not, he's a good voice to have around to provide a counter point to goons. Even I agree with them on some things, so having a devils advocate always here helps double check things. Terrible job but someone has to do it.


Dinsdale alt detected.


Nah, if he was a dinsdale alt then he would have accused you of being on the payroll of the CCP/nullsec RMT cartel.


Did you know I've never even been accused of being a goon?

When people don't consider you good enough at EVE to even be a Goon, no matter how much support you throw their way, you know you've failed at life, and all you can do is drink more beer. Sad

“Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.” - Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen, Pithum Nullifier Training Manual c. YC104

Faenir Antollare
For Ever And Ever
#20 - 2014-09-10 11:25:51 UTC
I would like to see some stats based around new player progression as in.. players retained, players leaving, players leaving Npc starter corps, players joining player corps/forming solo corps etc..


Most probably already published somewhere yet for such info in the form of a monthly newsletter of sorts as alluded too above would, for me, make interesting reading.

RiP BooBoo 26/7/1971 - 23/7/2014 My Lady My Love My Life My Wife

123Next pageLast page