These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

0.0 Pirate Missioning

Author
jullll
Macabre Votum
Northern Coalition.
#1 - 2014-09-03 09:43:20 UTC  |  Edited by: jullll
Hey there,

What is the state of 0.0 pirate missioning nowadays?
I used to mission for ANGELS in CURSE back in the days, it was a money making machine.
Now it seems way less profitable due to angel ships nerf, dramiels and cynabals are not what it used to be...

New paradise seems to be missionning for MORDUS in 5zxx in PURE BLIND, but lot of bad guys live there droping isk ratio low. Kind a shame CCP decided to put the best 0.0 pirate missions next door to goon territory...

What would be your advice in term of best place to mission in peace,
With best isk ratio.
Good Posting
Doomheim
#2 - 2014-09-03 11:15:07 UTC
If you are looking for profit maybe Venal would be the best option but if you are solo and want to live in 0.0, run missions and have some pvp in a relatively quiet area i suggest NPC Delve (Blood Raiders).

I lived there for a few months and i liked it, but eventually i moved to low sec and man, this feels like a retirement home. Easy to find pvp if you like frigates (i'm in fw), good isk and low sec exploration isn't bad. Also, there are a lot of wormholes in low that connect directly to null.

Good luck.
jullll
Macabre Votum
Northern Coalition.
#3 - 2014-09-03 12:55:32 UTC
Thanks for your answer good posting.

Yeah Venal seemed to be a good option in term of isk ratio / occupancy, that's what i was thinking of.
Can you tell me how much isk/hour we can expect using a tengu or ishtar ?

Low sec is... idk... never really lived or tryed to farm there.
Guess 0.0 is better at isk ratio.

Good Posting
Doomheim
#4 - 2014-09-03 13:25:43 UTC
I can't tell you what is the isk/hour rate because that depends if you have players disrupting you while running missions/DED sites, you know. Same applies for the random DED loot spawns.

In some Blood missions you won't collect bounties because they will be against Amarr or Caldari. However, most of the missions in Delve are against Angel or Rogue Drones/Mercs.

My advice (if you plan to go alone) is don't go for the money. Go because you like 0.0 and everything is a plus. If you are moving with your corp or some friends things will be easier isk wise.

If you are looking for LPs, FW missions are a better idea. Most of the missions (L4s) are easy in a bomber because they consist in killing a single ship or structure. I'm in Amarr FW and currently is at Tier 2. That means 22k-24k Lp per mission. I you join Minmatar you will get mor LPs because they are at Tier 3. That is much more than any L4 pirate mission and faster.

I wish i could tell you: "Go and you will make billions in no time!", but i prefer to be realist. Some days are good, some days are not that good.
jullll
Macabre Votum
Northern Coalition.
#5 - 2014-09-03 13:47:32 UTC  |  Edited by: jullll
it's only for isk making purpose dual boxing with a tengu + ishtar (seems good combo imo), Using 2 alts on other accounts.
I do pvp mainly, kinda anywhere in eve.
2ll
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#6 - 2014-09-05 10:13:42 UTC
Pretty weird noone can give approx LP/isk/hours on major piracte faction HUBs.
I know it depends on market variation, but can gather approx stats.

- How much isk/hour a tengu make for sanshas in STAIN ?
- How much isk/hour a tengu make for guristas in VENAL ?
- How much isk/hour a tengu make for angels in CURSE ?
- How much isk/hour a tengu make for Blood raidens in DELVE?

Also,

- How much isk/hour a tengu make for SOE in PURE BLIND?
- How much isk/hour a tengu make for MORDUS ANGELS in PURE BLIND?

Would be very interesting stats.
PPle are getting rich atm.
Carniflex
StarHunt
Mordus Angels
#7 - 2014-09-05 11:13:51 UTC
jullll wrote:
Hey there,

What is the state of 0.0 pirate missioning nowadays?
I used to mission for ANGELS in CURSE back in the days, it was a money making machine.
Now it seems way less profitable due to angel ships nerf, dramiels and cynabals are not what it used to be...

New paradise seems to be missionning for MORDUS in 5zxx in PURE BLIND, but lot of bad guys live there droping isk ratio low. Kind a shame CCP decided to put the best 0.0 pirate missions next door to goon territory...

What would be your advice in term of best place to mission in peace,
With best isk ratio.

I can assure that it is a rare goon that is willing to run the gauntlet to do these missions. There are some ofc but I believe they are doing it more for a challenge than for isk. The most numerous local residents are Mordus Angels, Mortuus and Tri which all are red to the goon block.

The isk/LP is decent but not particularly outlandish anymore. The drop rate of Mordus BPC's was boosted recently all across the low sec. And I must admit the area is kind of busy so you have to keep one eye on dir-scanner for combat probes even when belonging among the local residents but that is more or less the same everywhere when doing missions in null.

Here, sanity... niiiice sanity, come to daddy... okay, that's a good sanity... THWONK! GOT the bastard.

Carniflex
StarHunt
Mordus Angels
#8 - 2014-09-05 11:24:08 UTC
2ll wrote:
Pretty weird noone can give approx LP/isk/hours on major piracte faction HUBs.
I know it depends on market variation, but can gather approx stats.

- How much isk/hour a tengu make for sanshas in STAIN ?
- How much isk/hour a tengu make for guristas in VENAL ?
- How much isk/hour a tengu make for angels in CURSE ?
- How much isk/hour a tengu make for Blood raidens in DELVE?

Also,

- How much isk/hour a tengu make for SOE in PURE BLIND?
- How much isk/hour a tengu make for MORDUS ANGELS in PURE BLIND?

Would be very interesting stats.
PPle are getting rich atm.

Depends on Tengu, if you nullify it, etc. Also - I believe for Venal, SoE and Mordus Legion (Mordus Angels is a player alliance that has lived in Mordus station for the past ~7 years to the point even dev's mix them up sometimes in their talks) usual ship is Isktar :)

For Mordus Legion I have seen claims in the ballpark of 200 mil/h. Although taking everything into account I would say average is somewhat under that. Lets say somewhere between 150 and 200 mil/h. The isk/LP is still normalising so it will probably end up somewhere around 125 mil/h longer term. Mordus ships BPC drop rate was boosted in the last patch which has further accelerated the LP devaluation. But they are still damn nice ships.

Sisters of EVE should be sitting atm somewhere in the ~125 mil/h ballpark, it's 3 jumps from the mordus station and the system is substantially harder to probe down than 5zxx do to it's rather large size.

BTW 125 mil is about the same ballpark you can get in hi sec grinding the sisters missions in a reasonably pimped ship in one of the sec 0.5 sisters hubs. In null you just usually use T2 fit Isthar (and alt scouts) in hi sec semi-bling Marachiel.

Here, sanity... niiiice sanity, come to daddy... okay, that's a good sanity... THWONK! GOT the bastard.

2ll
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#9 - 2014-09-05 11:35:58 UTC  |  Edited by: 2ll
Carniflex wrote:

BTW 125 mil is about the same ballpark you can get in hi sec grinding the sisters missions in a reasonably pimped ship in one of the sec 0.5 sisters hubs. In null you just usually use T2 fit Isthar (and alt scouts) in hi sec semi-bling Marachiel.

What ? sisters missions in high sec makes 125M/h with a single account, sounds really high payout for high sec missionning imo. You recommand Ishtar over tengus for null sec missionning, why that? Seems way more dangerous imo (no cloak+nulli).
Jenn aSide
Shinigami Miners
Already Replaced.
#10 - 2014-09-05 12:51:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Jenn aSide
My null sec mission boat.

[Tengu, Slippery Pete]
Ballistic Control System II
Caldari Navy Ballistic Control System

Domination 10MN Microwarpdrive
Pithum C-Type Medium Shield Booster
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
EM Ward Amplifier II

Heavy Missile Launcher II, Scourge Fury Heavy Missile
Improved Cloaking Device II

Medium Warhead Rigor Catalyst II
Medium Warhead Rigor Catalyst II
Medium Capacitor Control Circuit I

Tengu Defensive - Adaptive Shielding
Tengu Electronics - Dissolution Sequencer
Tengu Offensive - Accelerated Ejection Bay
Tengu Propulsion - Interdiction Nullifier
Tengu Engineering - Capacitor Regeneration Matrix

Caldari Navy Scourge Heavy Missile x4000
Scourge Fury Heavy Missile x4000
Scourge Precision Heavy Missile x2000

I fly with a low grade partial crystal set (everything except the omega), a +3% cap hardwiring to make it stable with the MWD off and four +3% missile hardwirings for DPs and damage application. With my skills about 600 dps against battleships with fury and 500 with faction missiles against everything else.

The nullifier sub is there because it means bubbles don't affect me. It literally turns null sec into low sec and i then travel using the "MWD+Cloak trick". I've never lost this ship to a bubble camp and can't be bubbled into a station *(instat undocks for the win) lol. Thus it's name , "Slippery Pete" lol.

I fit it like this because Im too lazy to use mobile depots to switch out the cloak sub, and missioning with that cloak sub on sucks.

The key to using it is high faction standings because its very important to blitz npc null missions. Get in, blap, get out.

I also use an alt to scout and provide fire support in this :

[Dragoon, New Setup 1]
Damage Control II
Co-Processor I

Upgraded EM Ward Amplifier I
Experimental 10MN Afterburner I

Prototype 'Arbalest' Light Missile Launcher, Inferno Auto-Targeting Light Missile I
Prototype 'Arbalest' Light Missile Launcher, Inferno Auto-Targeting Light Missile I
Prototype Cloaking Device I
[empty high slot]
[empty high slot]

Small Processor Overclocking Unit I
Small Processor Overclocking Unit I
Small Low Friction Nozzle Joints I

Hobgoblin II x5
Hobgoblin II x10

It costs 20 mil. I set it to orbit the tengu with afterburner on (speed and amall sig is it's only tank) and assign the drones to assist the tengu (which makes killing any npc frigs easier). The FoF missles also act like a kind of "point defense" for the Tengu as well (shooting whatever is closest). All in all that cheap destroyer makes things safer for me and missions go faster. I've only lost a couple of them to landing in pull bubbles but like I said, they are cheap. I also use it as a scout.

The Dragoon can be used as a "throw away" ship ie the ship that dies so that the tengu can get out. I've never had to do that because I use D-scan lol.

Pirate missions are one of the underused treasure troves of EVE. I've made a fortune selling nothing but pirate implants.
2ll
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#11 - 2014-09-05 19:10:47 UTC
Thanks for your feedbacks on tengu fit + tactic (even if you can refit with a mobile depot now imo).
What we would love to know is how much isk/hour missionner do with a tengu/ishtar on various pirate factions.
Carniflex
StarHunt
Mordus Angels
#12 - 2014-09-06 06:32:35 UTC
2ll wrote:
Carniflex wrote:

What ? sisters missions in high sec makes 125M/h with a single account, sounds really high payout for high sec missionning imo. You recommand Ishtar over tengus for null sec missionning, why that? Seems way more dangerous imo (no cloak+nulli).

To be honest I have not done the numbers for a single account for several years but this is more or less reasonable ballpark in my opinion for a gank Marachiel fit blitzing L4's for sisters of EVE in sec 0.5. It assumes also that people have couple other ships at hand as well for the missions where they make sense (Recon 1,2 and Cargo Pickup in interceptor, Recon 3 in Cynabal, etc). Perhaps I'm overestimating slightly as it has been years since I have run any lev 4 missions with just a single account. Full EVE experience starts at 2 accounts and so on.

Isthar just seems to be slightly more effective than Tengu. Ofc you cant nullify it so its more suitable for the areas which are reasonably secure for you (as secure as NPC null gets). Main advantage to it is that it (1) can pick the right damage type, (2) Sentries work like guns, you can instapop frigates at range like with guns, (3) Better damage application (no travel time like missiles have).

A PvE Isthar has, actually, also a cloak usually (it just nerfs the lock time to Battleship levels). You can do the cloak-MWD trick with it as well but ofc it is not as slippery as Nullified tengu at gates. So you need either very functional intel channel (and luck to not be the first one to jump into a surprise camp) or eyes on the gate. When you get jumped in mission the isthar is usually also more slippery against single targets (as it has usually at least 1 flight of medium ECM drones). And you can get away with just T2 fit - While Tengu can also get away with just T2 it's substantially trickier as Tengu tends to run into CPU issues when using the missile rigs so people usually use at least some faction on their mission Tengus for CPU reasons.

You will lose ships from time to time. Just the nature of the game in nullnull.

2ll
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#13 - 2014-09-06 08:43:14 UTC
Numbers pls, numers.
Isk ratio on different pirates faction using a "standart" tengu.
Carniflex
StarHunt
Mordus Angels
#14 - 2014-09-06 12:02:50 UTC
2ll wrote:
Numbers pls, numers.
Isk ratio on different pirates faction using a "standart" tengu.

The particular numbers have a lot of variables going into them so even if you would get peoples personal numbers they might not apply to you. Things like SP in the right skills and particular fit are easy to gain information on but other things like how you use the ship with the said fit and local political situation are highly individual.

For numbers ballpark. Assume approx 30 000 LP / h and about 20 mil / h in bounties and mission rewards roughly. That should be the rough ballpark for modestly pimped Tengu or T2 fit Isthar (in right regions) when blitzing missions in reasonably "blue" area where you do not have to spend most of your game-time cloaked waiting for probes to go away.