These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

TFI v other missile boats - lvl 4s

Author
chaosgrimm
Synth Tech
#1 - 2014-09-01 17:58:14 UTC
Where does the Typhoon Fleet Issue fit into the whole missile boat spectrum?

The long and short of my situation is that I'm in the process of training missile. I've got minmatar BS V and eventually will train caldari BS V, but don't even have caldari BS I atm. If the ship isn't going to useful at all after I have caldari BS V, I'd rather just buy / rig a standard typhoon.

I don't mind keeping multiple ships around just so long as they are useful. Any situations where the TFI pulls ahead of other missile boats, golem, CNR, barghest, etc?
Carniflex
StarHunt
Mordus Angels
#2 - 2014-09-01 18:02:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Carniflex
It is the highest missile dps boat in game among non-unique ships. Meaning it fits in fine.

However, it's damn tight fit usually. And ofc in reality it's split weapons platform (missiles + sentries) so rather SP intensive. For turret side of it - I have not tried that - I would probably take Marachiel over navy typhoon for turrets.

Edit: To clarify a bit over its role. It has very nice alpha so what you can aim for is one volleying cruisers / BC's. Sentries work like guns so you can use these to pop approaching frigates like with turrets and also to finish off targets with sliver of hull remaining. That is rather mircomanagement thing though. Counting volleys, knowing the number it takes for specific targets, etc.

I personally just tend to use them (like multiple navy typhoons) with logi support and with fof missiles for some semi-casual missionrunning without much micromanagement when I do not have an empire war going on me.

Here, sanity... niiiice sanity, come to daddy... okay, that's a good sanity... THWONK! GOT the bastard.

chaosgrimm
Synth Tech
#3 - 2014-09-01 18:15:20 UTC
Carniflex wrote:
It is the highest missile dps boat in game among non-unique ships. Meaning it fits in fine.

However, it's damn tight fit usually. And ofc in reality it's split weapons platform (missiles + sentries) so rather SP intensive. For turret side of it - I have not tried that - I would probably take Marachiel over navy typhoon for turrets.

Edit: To clarify a bit over its role. It has very nice alpha so what you can aim for is one volleying cruisers / BC's. Sentries work like guns so you can use these to pop approaching frigates like with turrets and also to finish off targets with sliver of hull remaining. That is rather mircomanagement thing though. Counting volleys, knowing the number it takes for specific targets, etc.

I personally just tend to use them (like multiple navy typhoons) with logi support and with fof missiles for some semi-casual missionrunning without much micromanagement when I do not have an empire war going on me.

Ah cool man, thanks. That is exactly the type of info I was looking for, and def helpful. TFI it is.
afkalt
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#4 - 2014-09-01 18:54:36 UTC
Eft it first. It is a tight fit and if you are solo the tank takes some nerve. Because there isn't one.

Stupid pimp aside.
Cipher Jones
The Thomas Edwards Taco Tuesday All Stars
#5 - 2014-09-03 16:48:54 UTC
afkalt wrote:
Eft it first. It is a tight fit and if you are solo the tank takes some nerve. Because there isn't one.

Stupid pimp aside.

[Typhoon Fleet Issue, TFI Serp]

Photonic CPU Enhancer I
Ballistic Control System II
Drone Damage Amplifier II

F-90 Positional Sensor Subroutines, Targeting Range Script
Phased Weapon Navigation Array Generation Extron
Gist B-Type X-Large Shield Booster
Gist C-Type Kinetic Deflection Field
Dread Guristas Adaptive Invulnerability Field

Cruise Missile Launcher II, Nova Fury Cruise Missile
Drone Link Augmentor I
Heavy Diminishing Power System Drain I

Large Anti-Kinetic Screen Reinforcer I
Large Warhead Rigor Catalyst I
Large Anti-Thermal Screen Reinforcer I

Warrior II x10
Hobgoblin II x5
Warden II x5

internet spaceships

are serious business sir.

and don't forget it

Anize Oramara
The Arch Dashing Dashers
#6 - 2014-09-04 11:29:43 UTC
Try an armor fit. A reactive hardner and a cheap dedspace lar with a rep speed rig is a decent amount of tank. then you have mids to increase your sentry range, paints and a mjd/mwd. you still have 5 damage mods and you could be looking at around 1300+dps without implants.

its a great boat, only really being outdone by a rattler.

A guide (Google Doc) to Hi-Sec blitzing and breaking the 200mill ISK/H barrier v1.2.3

Caleb Seremshur
Naked Oiled Bodybuilders
Parasitic Legion.
#7 - 2014-09-06 11:16:41 UTC
Don't have my fit on hand but it was something like

2x BCS
2x gyro
2x DDA

2x target painter
2x tracking computer
1x LMJD

5x cruise launcher
3x 1400mm arty.

and drones could be any combination of sentries/heavies and some light drones for flavour.

iirc it hit 1600dps and could alpha most BC sized ships just with the arty alone. Battleships took maybe 1 hit of arty and 1 or 2x hits of cruise missiles, less if supplementing with drone damage.

just MJD away and blap everything. Navy ships have like double the native HP of a standard ship so use that to your advantage and just rig for shield resists.