These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

lvl4 FW-missions still soloable?

Author
Evil Domina
hustle and bustle
#1 - 2014-08-31 07:47:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Evil Domina
good day,

so I've read tons of threads and watched tons of videos where people promote the solo ability of lvl4 fw missions in a bomber. I then tried it out just now in a manticore with 115k torp range and got popped after 40secs with 1.5k transversal 105k off the rats. (gallente mil)

these threads I read are all older than a year or something. Did CCP buff the missions in the meantime? Are lvl4s still soloable in a smartbomber? Is the information just outdated?
Carniflex
StarHunt
Mordus Angels
#2 - 2014-08-31 08:19:50 UTC
Yes they are. Most of them against Amarr and Gallente, at least. Have not tried them against Caldari but missiles might prove to be problematic (and ECM is very annoying) and Minmatars paint you so stealth bomber has hard time sig tanking them.

Here, sanity... niiiice sanity, come to daddy... okay, that's a good sanity... THWONK! GOT the bastard.

Evil Domina
hustle and bustle
#3 - 2014-08-31 09:58:40 UTC
Carniflex wrote:
Yes they are. Most of them against Amarr and Gallente, at least. Have not tried them against Caldari but missiles might prove to be problematic (and ECM is very annoying) and Minmatars paint you so stealth bomber has hard time sig tanking them.

do you have any details about the minmatar fw then? which missions are doable in a bomber? all the industrial/structure kill ones?
MonkeyBusiness Thiesant
Pandemic Unicorns
#4 - 2014-08-31 12:39:28 UTC
Evil Domina wrote:
good day,

so I've read tons of threads and watched tons of videos where people promote the solo ability of lvl4 fw missions in a bomber. I then tried it out just now in a manticore with 115k torp range and got popped after 40secs with 1.5k transversal 105k off the rats.

mwd = giant sig = those battleship missiles will hurt like hell. Use an AB.