These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Taranis fit for Guristas Epic Arc

Author
Shadowace Evi
CroGi
Gorathian Federation
#1 - 2014-08-30 14:36:15 UTC
What would be a good fit for this? right now i have 3 light nuetron II, AB II, 2x cap recharger IIs, SAR II, DAC II and a micro aux core. This would be the first time have ever used one so I am not sure how is the best way to fight in one, should i keep my AB on all the time, or switch it out for MWD and also keep it on or just use it to get close then orbit?
Burke Blanc
Radar Shack
#2 - 2014-08-31 02:18:57 UTC
I JUST did this a few weeks ago. I thought about doing a post on the eve subreddit about my experience, but wasn't sure if there would be much interest in it or not. Let me give you some tid bits from my experience.

Here is the base fit that I went with, I conditionally swapped out a few modules as needed.

[Taranis, PVE]
Damage Control II
Small Armor Repairer II
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II

Limited 1MN Afterburner I
Cap Recharger II
Tracking Computer II

125mm Railgun II, Spike S
[empty high slot]

Small Polycarbon Engine Housing I
Small Hybrid Collision Accelerator I

Hobgoblin II x2

Overall, for PVE I'm all about the rails. There are times where you are going to need to kite a bit, depending how well you execute the missions etc, IMO it's waaaaay worth the range / dps trade off.

I had another cap recharger II that I would swap in for the harder missions as well as an energized adaptive nano membrane II.

The very last mission I kind of botched. I tried to skip some of the spawns and go for the structure thing w/e it was, but that did NOT work with this ship. Then I was left with 29348923489 frigate spawns. I had to kite my nuts off to slowly chip away at them. I would strongly recommend killing the initial spawns at a minimum on this one before going for the structure.

Once I had killed all the frigates, I didn't have enough dps even with my guns heated. I didn't have the mag stab in at the time and was down 1 drone(it had died in combat). Once I got my 2nd drone back and put the mag stab in, I was able to break the structure tank.

I went with the AB for all these missions. I'd just say use it as much as you need it and your cap allows for. Orbit around your optimal for guns/ammo whether AB is on or not.
Dato Koppla
Did he say Jump
#3 - 2014-08-31 03:31:26 UTC
Yeah confirming that rails is the way to go, using blasters up close and personal will get very dicey, the fitting that Burke posted is solid. Remember to bring some spare items such as a travel fit with nanos and some extra mag stabs incase you need more dps to break the final structures tank.