These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Amarr FW Level Mission Setup Suggestion(s)

Author
Agnon Sabre
Transport and Freighter Logistics Co
#1 - 2014-08-29 14:07:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Agnon Sabre
I moved this thread to Warfare & Tactics:

Hi Guys-

I have an alt that has run 100s of Caldari FW Level 4 missions successfully using a Manticore setup that gives me a range 131km, 416 DPS and is cap stable with MWD on at 1540 m/s. Problem is I use Sensor Booster IIs to counter sensor dampening in Caldari missions where Amarrian have target painters to deal with...I get hit quite often by missiles/torps even at 131km out (or when trying to pull to that range). All the guides I read, however, say to still use the Manticore setup to counter in the Amarr missions with range just like the Caldari missions (but it obviously isn't working)

Any suggestion(s) are greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance *salute*

Agnon
Nestene Corsten
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#2 - 2014-09-02 21:02:26 UTC
Use a Hound for Amarr FW missions. explosive shield hardner, sebo, drop the mwd for a afterburner, using a mwd and with the painters to deal with baloons your signature radius. Nova torps for max explosive damage.
Good Posting
Doomheim
#3 - 2014-09-03 11:24:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Good Posting
Nestene Corsten wrote:
Use a Hound for Amarr FW missions. explosive shield hardner, sebo, drop the mwd for a afterburner, using a mwd and with the painters to deal with baloons your signature radius. Nova torps for max explosive damage.

I agree with this. I dislike minmatar ships but if you want to make your life easier you have to use a Hound. Don't fit mwd because you are risking to get one volley'ed with all the target painting there. Also, the explosive bonus of the Hound will help you to do the missions faster.