These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Assembly Hall

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[CSM] December Session List

First post
Author
Trebor Daehdoow
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2011-11-23 16:20:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Trebor Daehdoow
Here are the currently scheduled session topics for the December CSM Summit.

Threads have been created for each session, and are linked below. We look forward to reading your comments, suggestions and concerns.

Wednesday 7th

Opening Meeting with EVE Senior Staff
Future of the CSM
EVE-DUST Link
The Economy in General
The PLEX in Particular
Security

Thursday 8th

November Wrapup - What's next
Nullsec - Stations, Sov, Resources
Little things - FW, Wormholes
Game Balance
Future highlevel discussion - General directions
Future highlevel discussion - Fixing broken systems

Friday 9th

Web Cell
Microtransactions
New Player Experience
Art
The CSM & Hilmar

Private Citizen • CSM in recovery

Poetic Stanziel
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#2 - 2011-11-23 20:14:03 UTC
Trebor Daehdoow wrote:
That seems odd that FW and Wormholes are under Little Things. Those strike me as quite Big Things.
Two step
Aperture Harmonics
#3 - 2011-11-23 20:54:00 UTC
Poetic Stanziel wrote:
Trebor Daehdoow wrote:
That seems odd that FW and Wormholes are under Little Things. Those strike me as quite Big Things.

The session is to identify the most painful small issues in both of those systems, so they can be fixed. In FW's case, it probably also needs some larger improvements, but little things help a lot (see cruicible patch notes...)

CSM 7 Secretary CSM 6 Alternate Delegate @two_step_eve on Twitter My Blog

StukaBee
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#4 - 2011-11-23 21:12:22 UTC
CSM guys, just to clarify, are these topics that CCP has requested to talk to you guys about, or topics you guys have requested to talk to CCP about?
StukaBee
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#5 - 2011-11-23 21:53:48 UTC  |  Edited by: StukaBee
Actually can you clarify exactly what the topics refer to here because some of these seem ridiculously vague.

"Security" - you mean like account security, hacking, phishing? Or corp/alliance security (intel/counterintel, scamming, the metagame, corp roles, POS access)?

"Fixing broken systems" - What does "systems" mean in this context? And are you looking for examples of things that are broken and should be fixed, or to examine the methods that CCP as a business uses to make fixes to EVE?

Some more words please!
Trebor Daehdoow
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#6 - 2011-11-24 11:36:37 UTC
StukaBee wrote:
CSM guys, just to clarify, are these topics that CCP has requested to talk to you guys about, or topics you guys have requested to talk to CCP about?

This is the pretty-much final agenda, some items requested by CCP, some by CSM, but most are stuff that everyone wanted to talk about.

Hans Jagerblitzen
Ice Fire Warriors
#7 - 2011-11-26 03:04:49 UTC
Two step wrote:
Poetic Stanziel wrote:
Trebor Daehdoow wrote:

The session is to identify the most painful small issues in both of those systems, so they can be fixed. In FW's case, it probably also needs some larger improvements, but little things help a lot (see cruicible patch notes...)

Why are both those systems mentioned, when your list of fixes is only restricted to Wormhole issues?

If YOU are not bringing forth and championing Faction Warfare issues, who will be? I am greatly concerned that even after being asked via private email discussions with several CSM members to provide CSM with a condensed list of top small fixes, not a single small fix was included in your list of discussion points.

What assurance do we have that a "FW and Wormholes" discussion does not simply mean "Wormholes" discussion??

This kind of casual name-dropping is exactly what the community is outraged at CCP for doing with the Winter Expansion, I had gained a lot of respect for the CSM because of their responsiveness to us but now that the agenda is posted, it feels like the CSM is paying lip service much like CCP has been. We deserve more than to be a name in a thread title with no concrete fixes being proposed by any CSM members, even despite being handed a list by the community.

I sincerely hope that I am misunderstanding the CSM here, and am open to hearing how you all feel about this subject. I think I can speak for the Faction Warfare community though in that by saying "Post your list of little things for discussion here" feels much like Charlie Brown being asked to come kick the field goal for the umpteenth time while Lucy holds the football.

CPM0 Chairman / CSM7 Vice Secretary

Trebor Daehdoow
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#8 - 2011-11-26 09:59:15 UTC
Hans Jagerblitzen wrote:
What assurance do we have that a "FW and Wormholes" discussion does not simply mean "Wormholes" discussion??

Mine.

I try to read everything people send me on relevant topics, and I try and point interested CSMs and devs to relevant materials as appropriate.

CCP appears to be staying largely in "fixing little things" mode for the next expansion, so we want to have hitlists of possible smaller tweaks that can improve the current features of the game, including FW.

Getting feedback from interested players, in the public discussion thread and via links to other threads, is particularly important in the case of FW tweaks, since AFAIK the current CSM has little direct experience with FW.

Salpun
Global Telstar Federation Offices
#9 - 2011-12-08 12:48:31 UTC
Bumping this back up to the top of this section

If i dont know something about EVE. I check https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/ISK_The_Guide

See you around the universe.

Runawaypally
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#10 - 2011-12-08 17:29:05 UTC
Any faction warfare "Little Things" you fix now without the overhaul will end up like the new plexing mechanic, an easy exploit. You can now flip a system in under 2 days. And when your faction is full of non pvp oriented mission bears you cant get any one orginized to stop it.

Oh wait, it still doesnt matter weather or not your stop it, you can still go and mission from it, you still get your stuff, and only a single name change happens when it flips. Seriously, they could dedicate two expansions to the problems it has, ie: lack of purpose to plexing, fail reward system that encourages not pvping, auto entry and lack of spai removal, ect, ect, ect.

First step is get them to release the vision that was FW at the begining, and tell us why it didnt happen. You know, that mythical communication we heard so much about. And the blog that was supposed to come out after the gaffe during fan fes... Im done now.