These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Test Server Feedback

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

[Hyperion] Burner Missions

First post
Author
CCP Lebowski
C C P
C C P Alliance
#1 - 2014-08-21 11:38:52 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Habakuk
Greetings pilots,

As CCP Fozzie discussed in this dev blog, Five 0 have some new missions for you in Hyperion.

As of right now these missions are on Singularity in a near complete form for you to try out. To make testing easier we will be doing two things:

- Temporarily removing all other missions from the appropriate mission pools, so that only the new missions will be offered.
- Upgrading the movemebot to also provide standings when requested.

How to receive perfect standings
- Join the channel moveme
- Say 'standings' in channel
- ????
- Profit!
(Note: You may need to relog to see the standing in client)

Please report any bugs found in this thread, which I will update with any known bugs as time goes on.

Known Issues
- Minor text errors in the Guristas and Blood Raider mission text

Also please be aware that the mission rewards on Singularity are not representative of what they will ultimately be once they've been on TQ for a while (Mission isk and lp rewards use a system that autocalculates them based on a number of factors, including how quickly people complete the mission on average and how often they decline it)

If you have any questions regarding expected functionality they are also welcome, but for comments and opinions on the features, please use the appropriate thread for the feature (Found here), so that we have all the feedback in one place!

Many thanks and happy testing!

CCP Lebowski | EVE Quality Assurance | Team Five-0

@CCP_Lebowski

Darkblad
Doomheim
#2 - 2014-08-21 11:44:15 UTC
there we go (just ignore the german part to the right)

NPEISDRIP

Croowdrio
Hivemind Manifest
#3 - 2014-08-21 12:01:54 UTC
Yay!
Zappity
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#4 - 2014-08-21 12:07:44 UTC
Oh my goodness - when does that standings change go live on TQ! That's SO much better than that absolutely AWFUL grinding.

Zappity's Adventures for a taste of lowsec and nullsec.

Jarnis McPieksu
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2014-08-21 12:16:08 UTC
Zappity wrote:
Oh my goodness - when does that standings change go live on TQ! That's SO much better than that absolutely AWFUL grinding.

I do not dislike the grinding.

I do dislike having to juggle things around and outright decline missions (after googling) to avoid getting shitlisted by one of the NPC empires. That part of the whole Standings feature is the really really really sucky part.
Coelomate
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#6 - 2014-08-21 12:33:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Coelomate
The LP payout seems quite low right now. Has anybody run enough to get a sense for what the bounties/drops are like?

No matter how "cool" the missions are, if they aren't lucrative, they aren't going to get run. People are running lvl 4s to get rich (slowly and safely). If a burner mission comes up in the rotation, with a meh payout and requiring an entirely different ship/skill set, people will mash the skip button so fast...

Love,

~Coelomate

Skyler Hawk
The Tuskers
The Tuskers Co.
#7 - 2014-08-21 12:39:53 UTC
Are the rewards optimized? I seem to be getting offered around 300k ISK in reward+bonus, with around 1000-1500 LP per mission which is distinctly underwhelming. The NPCs seem tough but not overwhelmingly so since I was able to kill the angel one in a buffer tanked T2-fit worm but ended the fight in structure.
Darkblad
Doomheim
#8 - 2014-08-21 13:10:06 UTC
The Serpentis Burner bears a bounty of 2 Million and there's the chance that those NPC drop shinies. Maybe the main reward ist to be expected out in the mission.

NPEISDRIP

Vincent Athena
V.I.C.E.
#9 - 2014-08-21 13:11:46 UTC
Jarnis McPieksu wrote:
Zappity wrote:

I do not dislike the grinding.

I do dislike having to juggle things around and outright decline missions (after googling) to avoid getting shitlisted by one of the NPC empires. That part of the whole Standings feature is the really really really sucky part.

I propose that any mission that requires "faction kills", and hence reduces your standings, has the option to nullify that effect, if you accept lower rewards.That is, the agent offers to cover up your activities for a fee.

Know a Frozen fan? Check this out

Frozen fanfiction

CCP Fozzie
C C P
C C P Alliance
#10 - 2014-08-21 13:15:27 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Fozzie
Mission isk and lp rewards use a system that autocalculates them based on a number of factors (including how quickly people complete the mission on average and how often they decline it). Unfortunately this means that the mission completion rewards will be a bit wonky on Sisi, and for the first couple days on TQ.

We've set the reward multipliers to a level that should work pretty well after a few downtimes on TQ, but we are also committed to tweaking them as we go. It's very possible that these numbers could see several tweaks in the first few weeks after Hyperion launches.

Game Designer | Team Five-0

Twitter: @CCP_Fozzie
Twitch chat: ccp_fozzie

Dave Stark
#11 - 2014-08-21 13:32:45 UTC
CCP Fozzie wrote:
Mission isk and lp rewards use a system that autocalculates them based on a number of factors (including how quickly people complete the mission on average and how often they decline it). Unfortunately this means that the mission completion rewards will be a bit wonky on Sisi, and for the first couple days on TQ.

Is that unique to burner missions?

Because from what i've experienced on TQ, that doesn't seem to be the case with standard level 4 missions.
CCP Fozzie
C C P
C C P Alliance
#12 - 2014-08-21 13:37:26 UTC
Dave Stark wrote:
CCP Fozzie wrote:

Because from what i've experienced on TQ, that doesn't seem to be the case with standard level 4 missions.

It's the case with all standard missions. The reason you don't notice it for other missions is they are calculating from such a giant pool of runs that it changes extremely slowly.

Dave Stark
#13 - 2014-08-21 13:38:36 UTC
CCP Fozzie wrote:
Dave Stark wrote:
CCP Fozzie wrote:

It's the case with all standard missions. The reason you don't notice it for other missions is they are calculating from such a giant pool of runs that it changes extremely slowly.

good to know, cheers.
Strata Maslav
Point of No Return
#14 - 2014-08-21 13:40:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Strata Maslav
CCP Fozzie wrote:

We've set the reward multipliers to a level that should work pretty well after a few downtimes on TQ, but we are also committed to tweaking them as we go. It's very possible that these numbers could see several tweaks in the first few weeks after Hyperion launches.

I assume these mission multipliers are to combat the rate at which these missions can be completed, preventing high risk vs low payout situation.

Potentially the amount of effort to fit a specific setup for each burner mission may lead to people declining and therefor increasing the reward. This is especially true because there is no penalty to declining

Its going to be interesting to see what direction this feature takes.
Dave Stark
#15 - 2014-08-21 13:43:23 UTC
Strata Maslav wrote:
CCP Fozzie wrote:

I assume these mission multipliers are to combat the speed at which these missions can be completed, which might create a high risk vs low payout situation. Although the amount of effort to fit a specific setup for each mission may lead to people declining then all by itself.

I can imagine as I do myself, you have your suspicions on what trends may arise but that it will be hard to be sure until the feature matures.

If it only affects the isk/lp rewards i imagine it won't matter, since the bulk of the reward is likely to be from the chance to get faction modules. depending on how frequently they drop.
colera deldios
#16 - 2014-08-21 13:57:00 UTC
Omg are you serious the reward is way to much. I mean way to much 0.0 Frig dropped way way way way to much that's like 50 missions worth of ISK LP+ISK combine
Vincent Athena
V.I.C.E.
#17 - 2014-08-21 14:10:59 UTC
I think every other mission restricted to "frigate type vessels" allow destroyers. These do not. I assume that is by design?

Know a Frozen fan? Check this out

Frozen fanfiction

CCP Fozzie
C C P
C C P Alliance
#18 - 2014-08-21 14:11:42 UTC
Vincent Athena wrote:
I think every other mission restricted to "frigate type vessels" allow destroyers. These do not. I assume that is by design?

This is by design.

Skyler Hawk
The Tuskers
The Tuskers Co.
#19 - 2014-08-21 14:18:34 UTC
The angel one went down pretty easily, the sansha one went down to a gimmick propless dual rep retribution fit with a target painter (yes...), but I cannot for the life of me figure out a good way of killing the blood raider one given its combination of neuting, tank (it was shrugging off >200 incoming dps without issue) and tackle.
Niko Lorenzio
United Eve Directorate
#20 - 2014-08-21 14:19:06 UTC
Typo on the Blood Raider version:

"She destroyers her enemies using pulse lasers loaded with Conflagration frequency crystals."

The CSM XI Election are now open until March 25th, 2016. Consider Niko Lorenzio for CSM XI.

CSM matters, your voice matters, your vote matters!

123Next pageLast page