These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page
 

CCP Mobilizing! Flee for your lives! The Ash Cloud Cometh.

First post First post
Author
Benilopax
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2011-11-22 17:52:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Benilopax
http://www.eveonline.com/news.asp?a=single&nid=4799&tid=1

One too many whine threads? Shocked

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLpPAz0tz98

Man the defenses!


CCP Navigator wrote:
As many of you may have seen from the Scope News alert on Facebook or on the EVE Online news center, a CCP fleet has departed Polaris on a training exercise. The fleet will be appearing, possibly in a system near you, and should be considered dangerous. Well, you guys know we know nothing about EVE so maybe we are harmless. Some of you will find out if it is the former or latter which is true.

Our incursions are a training exercise for something much bigger later this year and we want players to attack us and have fun. As a result, we have rules of engagement for how the CCP fleet will interact with other players. Naturally, you guys are free to shoot us at will and you operate under no rule set outside of the normal EVE Online rules.

Please see the set of rules below:

1. CCP Devs will be flying ships which are available to all pilots so no exotic ships such as the Eidolon will be used. We want to ensure that all players have a fair chance to participate and the test environment ships are too much to handle.
2. All CCP ships will be Tech I or Tech II fit.
3. CCP Devs will attack players, generally in response to being shot at first. We may aggress on ships which are spying on us or setting up for a hostile fleet warp in.
4. CCP Devs will NOT pod players who lose a ship.
5. CCP Devs will not be able to use slash commands or any other insider tools which give an unfair advantage.
6. The CCP ships will be strong and the use of pirate implant sets or other enhanced implants will be used.
7. CCP will engage in some friendly smack but will not respond or engage in any smack which is considered obscene, racist or sexist under any circumstances.

So what is this all about? Well we want you guys to have fun. Many times we have seen requests from players for more live events which are not centered around the Sansha incursions. We are taking this opportunity to bring a fleet for you to fight, or assist if you so desire. Yeah right!

We understand that many of our players love to fight so there is every chance that you will obliterate us in quick time. If that happens, be sure to check our wrecks for some very valuable loot. There will be plenty in our cargo.

If you have any questions, please let us know in this thread and we will do our best to answer them.

...

Danbar Roth
Moon Goo Ltd
#2 - 2011-11-22 17:55:30 UTC
I wonder if this is their plan to get people into low/null sec space from Empire. So CCP is feeding hi-sec people to their death's once again.

Good on ya CCP
Nyio
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#3 - 2011-11-22 17:56:29 UTC
OMG!

Where is my jumpclone!?
Angel Lust
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#4 - 2011-11-22 17:58:21 UTC
who cares
Gazmin VanBurin
Boma Bull Corp
#5 - 2011-11-22 17:59:02 UTC
I wonder what ships they plan on using :D
Boseo
Azure Horizon
#6 - 2011-11-22 17:59:37 UTC
Danbar Roth wrote:
I wonder if this is their plan to get people into low/null sec space from Empire. So CCP is feeding hi-sec people to their death's once again.

Good on ya CCP


na they are going to chase everyone out of high sec, then camp the entrance gates. Twisted
they will say its to help highlight the beauties of low sec

Sorry but file “forumsig.GIF” is currently unavailable please come back later…… like in a year or so.

Aeril Malkyre
Knights of the Ouroboros
#7 - 2011-11-22 18:00:28 UTC
I hope they livestream the carnage to our CQ screens Twisted

Would give me a reason to enter the CQ.
Paragon Renegade
Sebiestor Tribe
#8 - 2011-11-22 18:00:51 UTC
Gazmin VanBurin wrote:
I wonder what ships they plan on using :D


Eidolon! :D

That ship kicks everyone's ass

The pie is a tautology

Bischopt
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#9 - 2011-11-22 18:03:56 UTC
CCP

come at me bro
Frio Rinah
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#10 - 2011-11-22 18:05:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Frio Rinah
Aeril Malkyre wrote:
I hope they livestream the carnage to our CQ screens Twisted

Would give me a reason to enter the CQ.

Funnily enough, the CQ would actually be a reasonable place to host 'livestreams' while trying to avoid bandwidth overloads - as you can just send the game client simple actions, rather than images to decode. It would also allow for other special flavors.

They'd need to implement support for that first though...
Helicity Boson
Immortalis Inc.
Shadow Cartel
#11 - 2011-11-22 18:08:18 UTC
Hah we took 20% off them, now we can take the other 80%.

What?

too soon?
Captian Conrad
Empyrean Warriors
#12 - 2011-11-22 18:09:51 UTC
Armageddon Day is Comming....Prepare the fleets! Big smile
Florestan Bronstein
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#13 - 2011-11-22 18:12:47 UTC
Quote:
Scope news have reported that a CCP heavy combat fleet was detected leaving the Polaris system at roughly 17:00 UTC today

lies!

http://evemaps.dotlan.net/system/Polaris
Rakshasa Taisab
Sane Industries Inc.
#14 - 2011-11-22 18:13:27 UTC
Helicity Boson wrote:
Hah we took 20% off them, now we can take the other 80%.

What?

too soon?

I made a layoff thread in GD a week or so before 20%, and that got locked damn faster after some rather touchy replies from dev alts.

That was too soon, this is just late....

Nyan

MeestaPenni
Mercantile and Stuff
#15 - 2011-11-22 18:14:17 UTC
Maybe they gonna' show Goonswarm what a gank really is.

I am not Prencleeve Grothsmore.

Alara IonStorm
#16 - 2011-11-22 18:16:25 UTC
Helicity Boson wrote:
Hah we took 20% off them, now we can take the other 80%.

What?

too soon?

"Too soon" makes it sound like you still think some of us EVE Players still have a soul.

Excuse me. the FC just said a 3 day old Ibis was tackled I gotta go get in on the mail.
Sydney Nelson
Nelson Universal Aerospace
#17 - 2011-11-22 18:17:17 UTC
Anyone heard of any encounters yet?
Benilopax
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#18 - 2011-11-22 18:19:29 UTC
Winter is Coming

...

Blake Sheffield
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#19 - 2011-11-22 18:21:13 UTC
Benilopax wrote:
Winter is Coming


Vin-tar is coming!
Mirima Thurander
#20 - 2011-11-22 18:22:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Mirima Thurander
Armageddon Day!


everyone gets max skills and titans and there fittings are seeded on the markets for 1 isks

All automated intel should be removed from the game including Instant local/jumps/kills/cynos for all systems/regions.Eve should report nothing like this to the client/3rd party software.Intel should not be force fed to players. Player skill and iniative should be the sources of intel.

123Next pageLast page