These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Wormholes

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
5 Pages123Next pageLast page
 

[Hyperion Feedback Thread] Bookmarks and Bookmark Copying

First post
Author
C C P Alliance
#1 - 2014-08-06 12:58:08 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Fozzie
Hey everyone! This thread is for all of your feedback and discussion surrounding the loosening of bookmark copying restrictions that we discussed in our recently released dev blog. We are also interested in your views on the bookmark system as a whole and what you would like to see from it.

Just to get us started, we know you want alliance bookmarks. We're working on the backend systems that this kind of change would tie into.

Game Designer | Team Five-0

Twitter: @CCP_Fozzie
Twitch chat: ccp_fozzie

#2 - 2014-08-06 14:28:01 UTC
This is good
Shadow Cartel
#3 - 2014-08-06 14:38:42 UTC
when removing capital escalations and nerfing t3s
Pandemic Horde
#4 - 2014-08-06 14:41:32 UTC
Any bookmark improvements are good. +1
Adhocracy
#5 - 2014-08-06 14:42:24 UTC
This is a good change, and one that improves QoL in wormholes.

I look forward to seeing Alliance bookmarks as well, which would also reduce the amount of bookmarks that some groups need to copy over between people.
No Vacancies.
#6 - 2014-08-06 14:48:43 UTC
Traiori wrote:
This is a good change, and one that improves QoL in wormholes.

I look forward to seeing Alliance bookmarks as well, which would also reduce the amount of bookmarks that some groups need to copy over between people.


This. If we wouldn't need to copy or have copy restrictions if we had alliance bookmarks.

Recruitment: http://bit.ly/1r4G5Pv Website: http://www.no-vacancies.net/ Channel: No Vacancies

Grumpy Space Bastards
#7 - 2014-08-06 14:52:18 UTC
Viscis Breeze wrote:
Traiori wrote:
This is a good change, and one that improves QoL in wormholes.

I look forward to seeing Alliance bookmarks as well, which would also reduce the amount of bookmarks that some groups need to copy over between people.


This. If we wouldn't need to copy or have copy restrictions if we had alliance bookmarks.


Dead horse, you have been beaten.
#8 - 2014-08-06 14:58:35 UTC
It would be great to send bookmarks by Evemail (maybe by chat windows with exception of local chat).
Illusion of Solitude
#9 - 2014-08-06 15:05:14 UTC
This is a positive idea.

There is one EvE. Many people. Many lifestyles. WE are EvE

#10 - 2014-08-06 15:08:20 UTC
like it.
Gallente Federation
#11 - 2014-08-06 15:26:37 UTC
One last "little" thing for bookmarks that we wormholers desperately need, is some sort of a predictable refresh duration or possibility to manually update bookmarks.

Every day we experience the issues where some people haven't had their bookmarks refreshed yet etc, which creates unnecessary chaos (providing warpins, fleet isn't warped as a group etc).
Curatores Veritatis Alliance
#12 - 2014-08-06 15:28:51 UTC
Bookmarks (or to be precise: signature IDs) that don't have to be re-scanned after every. single. daily. maintenance.

Thread here
#13 - 2014-08-06 15:29:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Auriok SteelShaper
+1

Bookmark love is good love.
Gallente Federation
#14 - 2014-08-06 15:30:51 UTC
I like a lot of the proposed changes, and ideas. The one I object to is the distance/mass based crap.

The idea is only beneficial to large alliances/corporations. It's completely one sided. As someone whose lived in a wormhole by himself, this idea completely ruins it. This idea makes it so much harder for smaller corporations to get into the wormhole life.

I disapprove of this idea, completely. Reminds me of the grav site change. Completely ruined industry in lower class holes. I'm starting to lose faith in CCPs ability to release balanced expansions. After playing for several years, it's sad to see this game get oriented towards noobs who have zero experience. smh.
#15 - 2014-08-06 15:53:59 UTC
BinaryData wrote:
I like a lot of the proposed changes, and ideas. The one I object to is the distance/mass based crap.

The idea is only beneficial to large alliances/corporations. It's completely one sided. As someone whose lived in a wormhole by himself, this idea completely ruins it. This idea makes it so much harder for smaller corporations to get into the wormhole life.

I disapprove of this idea, completely. Reminds me of the grav site change. Completely ruined industry in lower class holes. I'm starting to lose faith in CCPs ability to release balanced expansions. After playing for several years, it's sad to see this game get oriented towards noobs who have zero experience. smh.


Read the title, you wanted to post over there -->


On the topic of bookmarks, it would be nice if there was a button or shortcut to add a counting number or a timestamp to the bookmarkname before saving it. So if you are in a hurry you do not have 3 "unstable wormhole" or "spot in ..." and then have to resice the bookmarkwindow just to sort them. Maybe a second button "save with timestamp" that then adds the date and time at the end. Not very important if people use their mappingtool correctly but would be nice for those without them or if again someone manages to delete the entire chain by accident.
Illusion of Solitude
#16 - 2014-08-06 15:56:42 UTC
This is good. I have to say, though, we are really hoping you'll implement Alliance-wide bookmarks at some point. The main purpose of sharing bookmarks between corps in an alliance (at least in w-space) is to coordinate PVP, so if you want to see more explosions and isk leaving the game, that would be a very good use of development resources.

Of course, alliance bookmarks would require some sort of role to see, add, edit, remove, etc, which might lead to a re-tooling of roles altogether, which might open the door up to recoding sov or pos management, and I don't know how deep down the rabbit hole you're willing to go Blink

Evil Monkies Incorporated
#17 - 2014-08-06 16:06:06 UTC
Great work Fozzie! Smile
#18 - 2014-08-06 16:21:18 UTC
Very nice!

Read more of my ramblings on my blog www.invadingyourhole.blogspot.com

Pandemic Legion
#19 - 2014-08-06 16:24:50 UTC
As others have pointed out. While waiting on alliance bookmarks, this is a Quality of Life improvement.
#20 - 2014-08-06 16:28:40 UTC
Can't seen anyone complaining about this!
Great change, and thank you!
5 Pages123Next pageLast page
Forum Jump