These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Test Server Feedback

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page
 

Please put option back in....

First post First post
Author
Mary Mercer
Doomheim
#1 - 2011-11-19 22:54:29 UTC
Today on test I noticed the option to lock windows in place when pinned has been removed.

It used to exist under the ESC | General Settings | Windows section

Can this feature be put back in?
Mary Mercer
Doomheim
#2 - 2011-11-20 21:16:33 UTC
Can I get some sort of reply to this? Is is possible? Being considered? You don't care, something...
Hiram Alexander
State Reprisal
#3 - 2011-11-20 21:23:20 UTC
Mary Mercer wrote:
Can I get some sort of reply to this? Is is possible? Being considered? You don't care, something...

I think you'll have more luck getting an official response on a weekday...
Mary Mercer
Doomheim
#4 - 2011-11-20 21:32:07 UTC
Hiram Alexander wrote:
Mary Mercer wrote:
Can I get some sort of reply to this? Is is possible? Being considered? You don't care, something...

I think you'll have more luck getting an official response on a weekday...


GAH! Thank you for the lack of troll response even when I was so very dumb. I do college from home and I have to do it almost every day. I forgot it was a weekend LOL. :)
Hiram Alexander
State Reprisal
#5 - 2011-11-20 21:36:19 UTC
Mary Mercer wrote:
Hiram Alexander wrote:
Mary Mercer wrote:
Can I get some sort of reply to this? Is is possible? Being considered? You don't care, something...

I think you'll have more luck getting an official response on a weekday...


GAH! Thank you for the lack of troll response even when I was so very dumb. I do college from home and I have to do it almost every day. I forgot it was a weekend LOL. :)

It amazes me just how many Devs are prepared to roll-up their sleeves these days, and post/debate on their days off, but yeah... some things are best left to a Monday...
CCP Optimal
C C P
C C P Alliance
#6 - 2011-11-22 16:32:29 UTC
This was removed on purpose. The feature was becoming increasingly hard to maintain due to technical reasons, and given the fact that very few people even knew of it's existence, we decided to remove it.
Salpun
Global Telstar Federation Offices
SLYCE Pirates
#7 - 2011-11-22 16:36:33 UTC
CCP Optimal wrote:
This was removed on purpose. The feature was becoming increasingly hard to maintain due to technical reasons, and given the fact that very few people even knew of it's existence, we decided to remove it.

But But I liked that featureEvil

If i dont know something about EVE. I check https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/ISK_The_Guide

See you around the universe.

Arkady Sadik
Gradient
Electus Matari
#8 - 2011-11-22 16:51:32 UTC
There were people who didn't lock their windows when pinned? O_O
Valeo Galaem
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#9 - 2011-11-22 16:54:18 UTC
Arkady Sadik wrote:
There were people who didn't lock their windows when pinned? O_O


This. Wasn't this even the default functionality when pinning was added 6 years ago? I always wondered why it changed.

Only in EVE does "pinning" no longer mean "to hold in place". WTH

Evil

Standalone Windows build of ccpgames/dae-to-red

https://github.com/Nu11u5/dae-to-red/releases

Arigato Gozaimasu
Swedish Aerospace Inc
#10 - 2011-11-22 17:04:40 UTC
Arkady Sadik wrote:
There were people who didn't lock their windows when pinned? O_O


Only in eve do the windows randomly change place all the time, even when pinned and locked... :/
Logan LaMort
Screaming Hayabusa
#11 - 2011-11-22 17:13:49 UTC
CCP Optimal wrote:
This was removed on purpose. The feature was becoming increasingly hard to maintain due to technical reasons, and given the fact that very few people even knew of it's existence, we decided to remove it.


So there's no option at all to keep windows where you want them? I can't be the only person who discovered this option because of the annoying accidental window moving. Shouldn't the whole point of pinning windows keep them locked anyway?

I pin windows to make them transparent and to lock them in place.
Mag's
Azn Empire
#12 - 2011-11-22 17:17:41 UTC
Arkady Sadik wrote:
There were people who didn't lock their windows when pinned? O_O
I'm wondering this also.

But CCP have had issues with windows for years, with them randomly moving around after relogging.

This move gives you another -1 CCP.

Destination SkillQueue:- It's like assuming the Lions will ignore you in the Savannah, if you're small, fat and look helpless.

Razin
The Scope
#13 - 2011-11-22 17:22:41 UTC
Arkady Sadik wrote:
There were people who didn't lock their windows when pinned? O_O

This.

I can't believe CCP would remove this feature. I mean with all the fixes we are getting with Crucible this deletion is just surreal.

Bemoliph Ashriden
#14 - 2011-11-22 17:27:55 UTC
CCP Optimal wrote:
[...] and given the fact that very few people even knew of it's existence [...]


Err, wat. Maybe I was just always with the in-crowd, but at least to me it seemed like most people knew and used it. I don't mean any disrespect, but in a game where the mouse is king and you click on things very fast, being unable to lock windows down is a recipe for disaster x.X
Palovana
Inner Fire Inc.
#15 - 2011-11-22 17:27:59 UTC
Why even have a button to pin a window, if all it does is make it a bit more transparent?

Just set transparency on all the windows and remove the pin button.

Then remove the option to minimize a window, because who really does that?

Nobody stacks them either, and who in their right mind would CLOSE a window?

Why do we even need windows, just overlay some text at the bottom of the screen, like an old-school MUD.
Tyrehl
Stimulus
Rote Kapelle
#16 - 2011-11-22 17:54:55 UTC
CCP Optimal wrote:
This was removed on purpose. The feature was becoming increasingly hard to maintain due to technical reasons, and given the fact that very few people even knew of it's existence, we decided to remove it.



Excuse me, but you are wrong. I just posted your response in alliance chat. 20 seconds later:

Quote:
[17:51:55] S**** *****r > I need me windows locked


I DONT KNOW OF ANY PERSON THAT DOESNT LOCK HIS WINDOWS (local, dscanner etc).

Gorion Wassenar
Stimulus
Rote Kapelle
#17 - 2011-11-22 17:56:01 UTC
Hahaha funny joke.


Seriously put it back in.

Rote Kapelle - NOW IN SLIGHTLY MORE LAW ABIDING FLAVOR!

"DRINK STARSI!" ©®™Ownership Group Chairman

Sturm Gewehr
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#18 - 2011-11-22 17:58:58 UTC
**** on eve some more CCP. Please do.

It worked out really well last time.
Psi Soldier
Talented Failures
#19 - 2011-11-22 17:59:11 UTC
i'm curious, how exactly is it hard to maintain the feature?

+1 for returning this feature to us - having to spend ages realigning carefuly arranged UI elements because i accidentally dragged something around, taking everything stacked with it, snapping onto other elements, is really not something i look forward to (as spergy as that may sound).
Daedalus Arcova
The Scope
#20 - 2011-11-22 18:00:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Daedalus Arcova
Great. So instead of dying by 1,000 papercuts, we will be hacked to death by a machete.

Seriously, CCP. This is a really, really, really big deal.
123Next pageLast page