These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

Mobile Warp Disruptor

Author
GlassCutter
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#1 - 2014-06-26 21:02:47 UTC  |  Edited by: GlassCutter
Mobile Warp Disruptors should be content generators, not tool for avoiding content.

Right now most of these are anchored in 0.0 on gates to prevent small pvp groups from moving fast trough space.

Devs gave us intreceptors but they won't survive long enough on rats fire when gang have to fly 200km+ to the gate and same distance on the other side of the gate.

My solution is simple: Mobile Warp Disruptors should use fuel, and has small fuelbay, for 1 max 2 hours. Or just explode after 1, 2 hours. Its fair for tactic pvp usage on grid, or setting up small camp.

You can still set up bubble on gate to your farming system, but not 50 like today.

What has Mobile Warp Disruptor to do with content? Today we have 2 oponents in sov war, Days with small local wars everywhere in galaxy are gone long ago. The only left content ganerate people from small gangs who roaming sov 0.0 systems, but current situation make this work really hard.

CCP changed rats agro (npc pirates should be more than happy that we want to kill thier Nemesis), added mjd. I hope devs don't chenged mind and this is still pvp game where small groups with high game skills can find something for theirself.

Fly Unsafe
Ari Kelor
Frontier Explorations Inc.
#2 - 2014-06-26 21:06:53 UTC
Makes sense to include the bubbles in the same category as the other timed deployables. Now that the code is there, they can just deactivate the old code and write a new one (don't know, time might be an issue here) similar to the other timed deployables. 1-2 hours seems like a decent time to me.

If you want something permanent it needs to be given fuel, or babysat (like Hic's)

Supported 100%
Iain Cariaba
#3 - 2014-06-26 21:07:34 UTC
Warp bubbles, dictors, and hictors all make your idea redundant.
SFM Hobb3s
Perkone
Caldari State
#4 - 2014-06-26 21:11:04 UTC
Boobles are fine. If your small fleet is having trouble going through a heavily boobled system (god forbid there are rats on the gate!!!), I would recommend something like a prop mod, either mwd or AB, and a bit of tank. Yeah even interceptors don't want to stay long at zero on a gate with rats pounding on them, but if you are dying to the rats you are really not doing it right..
Marsan
#5 - 2014-06-26 21:46:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Marsan
I'm still trying to understand why the interceptors need survive 200km+ on each gate??? They can't be stopped by bubbles last I checked. Not to mention it's rare an interceptor can be hit by a gate rat. (Unless you are heading in a straight at or from them.) In a non inty gang you should be able to down quickly or tank the gate rats.

PS- Personally I think gate rats should shoot player structures in any case....

Former forum cheerleader CCP, now just a grumpy small portion of the community.

GlassCutter
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#6 - 2014-06-26 22:01:02 UTC  |  Edited by: GlassCutter
Iain Cariaba wrote:
Warp bubbles, dictors, and hictors all make your idea redundant.

I think you didn't understand my point.

SFM Hobb3s wrote:
Boobles are fine. If your small fleet is having trouble going through a heavily boobled system (god forbid there are rats on the gate!!!), I would recommend something like a prop mod, either mwd or AB, and a bit of tank. Yeah even interceptors don't want to stay long at zero on a gate with rats pounding on them, but if you are dying to the rats you are really not doing it right..

I would recommend you to use more gates than jump portals.

Marsan wrote:
I'm still trying to understand why the interceptors need survive 200km+ on each gate??? They can't be stopped by bubbles last I checked. Not to mention it's rare an interceptor can be hit by a gate rat. (Unless you are heading in a straight at or from them.) In a non inty gang you should be able to down quickly or tank the gate rats.

PS- Personally I think gate rats should shoot player structures in any case....

Maybe i didn't write it clearly enough. Ceptors can go through the pocket, catch carrier or something. In the same time main gang have to warp on gate, row 150km toward the gate because there are 80 bubbles spherically covering the gate, jump, moving another 150km from 100 bubbles spherically covering the gate, rinse and repeat untill you reach your destination,
Antillie Sa'Kan
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#7 - 2014-06-26 23:00:04 UTC
So you want to replace bubbles with HIC alts?
Omnathious Deninard
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#8 - 2014-06-26 23:25:18 UTC
Antillie Sa'Kan wrote:
So you want to replace bubbles with HIC alts?

HIC alts at lease have to pay a sub.

If you don't follow the rules, neither will I.

Sigras
Conglomo
#9 - 2014-06-27 00:11:17 UTC
Ive been through hundreds of 0.0 jumps in the past few months... Ive very rarely run into these camps you speak of...

How about the next time you run into one of these ridiculous camps, you dont leeroy your way into the next system because you know you wont have fleet support?
GlassCutter
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#10 - 2014-06-27 05:44:02 UTC  |  Edited by: GlassCutter
Sigras wrote:
Ive been through hundreds of 0.0 jumps in the past few months... Ive very rarely run into these camps you speak of...

How about the next time you run into one of these ridiculous camps, you dont leeroy your way into the next system because you know you wont have fleet support?

Skill up your reading comprehension before you post something on forum.
Sigras
Conglomo
#11 - 2014-06-27 07:01:57 UTC
GlassCutter wrote:
Maybe i didn't write it clearly enough. Ceptors can go through the pocket, catch carrier or something. In the same time main gang have to warp on gate, row 150km toward the gate because there are 80 bubbles spherically covering the gate, jump, moving another 150km from 100 bubbles spherically covering the gate, rinse and repeat untill you reach your destination,

GlassCutter wrote:
Sigras wrote:

Skill up your reading comprehension before you post something on forum.

Perhaps you should read your own posts before responding to constructive criticism.

Also perhaps if you put some thought into flying your interceptor you wouldnt have the problem YOU listed above.
WHAT EVER
Infinity Bay.
Pandemic Horde
#12 - 2014-06-27 07:33:32 UTC
good idea 2 hr fuel liqide ozon ? but then we want make bubles smaller (less capacity cos we want buble and fuel in our cargo)
GlassCutter
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#13 - 2014-06-27 07:59:04 UTC
Sigras wrote:

Perhaps you should read your own posts before responding to constructive criticism.

Also perhaps if you put some thought into flying your interceptor you wouldnt have the problem YOU listed above.

Constructive criticism will be when you understand point of this topic. If you never saw 100 bubbles on gate 'defending' dead end pockets maybe you should roam sov 0.0 more often.
Okropniak
Zabijaki i Pijaki
The Minions.
#14 - 2014-06-27 10:10:23 UTC
GlassCutter wrote:
If you never saw 100 bubbles on gate 'defending' dead end pockets maybe you should roam sov 0.0 more often.

exactly!
Ari Kelor
Frontier Explorations Inc.
#15 - 2014-06-27 10:49:24 UTC
The Eve player base is extremely resistant to change, especially when you 'nerf' something like this.

It's an epidemic in some area's of Null where up to 3 systems before a mining or ratting system you have scout alts and 'walls' of these bubbles. So any attacker save for interceptors will never be able to even come close to a tackle or even seeing a ship not POS'd up or in a station.

Giving a time limit to Mobile Warp Disruptors makes sense in the highest caliber, nothing in the game gives such a boon with so little effort. The push towards activity vs stagnant gameplay farther supports this move. All the new combat or offensive deployables have a time limit, and so the natives of an area can set up hell camps just like now, they'll just actually have to work at it.

It'll also decrease dependency on bridging as conventional fleets may be able to move more quickly through some regions.

The only problem I see is that the wave of trolls and bitter vets cannot see the positives of the change and will focus on how the OP wants to 'make the game easier' or 'change fundamental game mechanics'. They will want the OP to HTFU or just play better... they need to wake up and see the momentum of the game is taking, in eve change is constant and this change is for the better.
Anthar Thebess
#16 - 2014-06-27 12:10:44 UTC
+1
Or just don't allow them to be anchored closer than 60km away from gate.
This will still allow them to be used as a dragging bubbles.

More organized groups are still using light and heavy dictors to secure the gate.

GlassCutter
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#17 - 2014-06-27 14:53:31 UTC
Anthar Thebess wrote:
+1
Or just don't allow them to be anchored closer than 60km away from gate.
This will still allow them to be used as a dragging bubbles.

More organized groups are still using light and heavy dictors to secure the gate.

It won't solve problem, once placed mobile warp disruptor can last forever without any action from players.
Arla Sarain
#18 - 2014-06-27 15:14:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Arla Sarain
Sov holders keep talking about how highsec should gang up and do something about one coalition taking all of null.

Then when this is suggested everyone becomes very reluctant.

So whatever twists their panties gets a +1 from me. The one time I WAS interested in exploring Null I met such an uncamped gate of about 60 bubbles, and by the time I got out of it, the baddies arrived.
GlassCutter
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#19 - 2014-06-28 08:56:57 UTC
BUMP
Iain Cariaba
#20 - 2014-06-28 15:56:52 UTC
The failure in your logic is you think warp bubbles last forever. Warp bubbles are very easy to pop, so if you're caught by a 200km stop bubble, simply have your fleet pop it and continue on. As said earlier, any decently organized fleet has the firepower to wipe the gate rats. If you don't have the dps to pop a gate rat, what makes you think you have the dps to pop anything else?

In my travels throughout New Eden the only place I've seen gates uber-bubbled has been dead-end systems and EC-. Most bubbled systems only have a handful of bubbles, and if you spend half as long shooting them as you spend trying to get bubbles nerfed on forums, they go away.
123Next pageLast page