These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Ammunition Modules

Author
Zarnak Wulf
Amarrian Vengeance
Team Amarrica
#1 - 2014-06-20 02:22:37 UTC
Autoloader - High slot with low fitting requirments (for utility highs) that speeds up reloading times.
High Capacity Magazine - Low slot module that allows additional rounds

This is for those darn Minmatar ships with their various utility high slots as well as an obvious nod towards missile boats.
Arden Elenduil
Unlimited Ripoff Works
#2 - 2014-06-20 02:46:00 UTC
you'll soon realize that those utility highs are best filled by neuts. while your idea isn't necessarily bad, the only time iI can see this used is on rapid missileboats, so it's kinada limited in scope
Uriel Paradisi Anteovnuecci
Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries Ltd.
Arataka Research Consortium
#3 - 2014-06-20 03:03:01 UTC
Arden Elenduil wrote:
you'll soon realize that those utility highs are best filled by neuts. while your idea isn't necessarily bad, the only time iI can see this used is on rapid missileboats, so it's kinada limited in scope

So we should get them Cool The horrendous reload time on RHMLs keeps me from using them altogether most of the time, even though they're just so cool Sad
FireFrenzy
Cynosural Samurai
#4 - 2014-06-20 07:54:14 UTC
that and i suspect there might be a maket for the autoloader on PVE boats...

Those dont need the highslots that dont project dps and cutting reload times in half (or whatever) is a cheap and easy way of upping applied dps in, For example, an incursion.
Fer'isam K'ahn
SAS Veterinarians
#5 - 2014-06-20 09:04:03 UTC
Well, that screams 'unbalanced', unless you cut missile damage by the same percentage or rate of fire, otherwise it is just a sneak dps buff.

They already adjusted the reload timers for rapids. And unless you change the reload timers/fire rates for turrets you are ending up with an op boosted missile weapon system.

Though its interesting in principle, not supported (at this point).
Carniflex
StarHunt
Mordus Angels
#6 - 2014-06-20 12:01:23 UTC
Sure. I could probably spare a slot on some of my PvE ships to make ammo switch/reload a bit faster. Ofc I tend to do that mostly in warp anway.

Here, sanity... niiiice sanity, come to daddy... okay, that's a good sanity... THWONK! GOT the bastard.

Komodo Askold
Strategic Exploration and Development Corp
Silent Company
#7 - 2014-06-20 13:23:23 UTC
Well, that's an interesting concept. Supported, looks pretty cool! +1
Leyete Wulf
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#8 - 2014-06-20 13:45:02 UTC
I like the idea of opening up more and new ways to impact weapon efficacy.
Zarnak Wulf
Amarrian Vengeance
Team Amarrica
#9 - 2014-06-20 14:04:02 UTC
Quite a few Minmatar artillery fits are out of favor vs rails. A faster reload via a mod might give them some flexibility back. The extra ammo mod as a low forces you to sacrifice BCU damage mods or tank. Anyways, in the words of Forest Gump - that's all I have to say about that.
Phaade
Proioxis Assault Force
Rogue Caldari Union
#10 - 2014-06-20 15:16:21 UTC
Good Idea, should be implemented.
Vadeim Rizen
Doomheim
#11 - 2014-06-20 15:33:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Vadeim Rizen
Fer'isam K'ahn wrote:
Well, that screams 'unbalanced', unless you cut missile damage by the same percentage or rate of fire, otherwise it is just a sneak dps buff.

They already adjusted the reload timers for rapids. And unless you change the reload timers/fire rates for turrets you are ending up with an op boosted missile weapon system.

Though its interesting in principle, not supported (at this point).

how does a reload timer reduction increase dps? would only be an increase in dps if it was a rof booster, which isn't what OP was suggesting.

Anyways, idea supported. Shorter reload time at the expense of a damage mod is a good idea. gives you the option of more burst dps or less substained dps.

+1