These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Deployable Outpost

Author
Jason Amelana
Ascendance
Goonswarm Federation
#1 - 2014-06-18 00:49:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Jason Amelana
Deployable Outpost
Small structures deployed by capsuleers providing protection to their access inside it. This structure can be used by anyone depending on the settings. If a user allows corporation access & fleet access, it done in the press on a button, like a hanger in an orca. It Also can be access thought a personal set password. The outpost has the ability to store ships, deploy a shield once fueled and store small ships. The deployable outpost is not allowed within 0.25 AU of star gates, stations or POS'es. This outpost can be online and used with out fuel but for shields require fuel.

Fueling The Outpost
Deployable structures will have the ability to online like any other structure but if your will have run the cost for it, you can fuel the outpost with oxygen isotopes to keep the shields online. The shields deploys it self in a radius of 5km, not allowing targeting in or out.

Shield Details
Shield HP: 75,000
12.5% All Resistances
Recharge: 43,200 Seconds
Seconds 1.7 HP/s
Shield Radius Upon Onlining: 5 Km
Targetable In Radius: False

Shield Fuel Details
Fuel Bay: 1275 m3 [10 Oxygen Isotopes Per Hour]

Armor Details
Armor HP: 25,000
20% All Armor Resistances

Structure Details
Structure HP: 85,000
50% Structure Activates Reinforced Mode
Volume: 200 m3

Bays Details
Cargo Bay: 57,500 m3
Ship Maintenance Bay: 87,500 m3
Reinforced Safe: 3,900 m3 - This Drops Up The Explosion Of The Outpost With A Password [Needs A Giant Secure Container]

Services Details
Fitting Services

Random Details
Discoverable By Scan Probes: True
Agressive Timer On Attack: True

Market Stats
30,000,000 Isk Base Price
60,000,000 Isk BPO's
Sold By NPC's

My Comments
Chances are it might just be fueled to be online by oxygen Isotopes and require 10 Per hour.
Rowells
Blackwater USA Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#2 - 2014-06-18 01:00:36 UTC
Sounds like a POS?
Jason Amelana
Ascendance
Goonswarm Federation
#3 - 2014-06-18 01:02:46 UTC
It was orginaly to be a small scale version but can be easily blow up
Xaldafax Caerleon
Veritas Theory
#4 - 2014-06-18 01:33:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Xaldafax Caerleon
I support something like this. Not all of us want POSes and the hassle with it.... and we are bored with station life.

I should be able to have a small house that I can put somewhere... The MTU and Mobile Depots were great ideas but something a bit bigger with more features with be nice... Not all of us can deal with ALL THE HASSLES from POS life.

Plus this just creates more content to be created and destroyed...
Red Teufel
Calamitous-Intent
Feign Disorder
#5 - 2014-06-18 05:52:56 UTC
CCP needs to do something like this. Pos towers were their first and only attempt. of course it was left unfinished.
Auduin Samson
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#6 - 2014-06-18 06:08:55 UTC
I like the idea of a mini-pos that you can set up wherever you want. Perhaps if they were to introduce the micro-tower, or something along those lines, with a compliment of micro-sized modules. This would allow people to set up their own forward bases without having to muck around with corporation roles. Something with a shield just barely big enough to fit a battleship under, with enough CPU and Powergrid for maybe two weapon batteries and a small fitting array. Could be a cool concept.
Dig Mangeiri
#7 - 2014-06-19 06:37:40 UTC
Sounds Great.

More options for the players is always a good thing.
Glathull
Warlock Assassins
#8 - 2014-06-19 08:33:43 UTC
Call it the foxhole.

I honestly feel like I just read fifty shades of dumb. --CCP Falcon

epicurus ataraxia
Illusion of Solitude.
Illusion of Solitude
#9 - 2014-06-19 18:18:55 UTC
Or the bolthole.
It is a good idea either way.

There is one EvE. Many people. Many lifestyles. WE are EvE

Dally Lama
Doomheim
#10 - 2014-06-19 18:30:24 UTC
As long as there's no timers, I'm game.
Xaldafax Caerleon
Veritas Theory
#11 - 2014-06-19 20:57:48 UTC
Dally Lama wrote:

Why can there not be timers? Why should something that would be small like that be able to be blown up immediately by a group of people that just want to be jerks and go around destroying them?
Nikk Narrel
Moonlit Bonsai
#12 - 2014-06-19 21:13:38 UTC
Xaldafax Caerleon wrote:
Dally Lama wrote:

Why can there not be timers? Why should something that would be small like that be able to be blown up immediately by a group of people that just want to be jerks and go around destroying them?

This.

With the absence of a mechanic to limit risk free action, it has been shown that players will follow the path of least risk.

If you have a structure that can be destroyed while the defenders are not present, it will always be attempted this way.
You might as well make EVE turn based, if we can wipe each other's assets out of existence while the defenders are not present.
Saisin
Chao3's Rogue Operatives Corp
Chao3 Alliance
#13 - 2014-06-20 00:15:40 UTC
+1 for the concept..

I approached it from a slightly different angle: a T2 orca that can deploy as a small outpost

Vote Borat Guereen for CSM XII

Check out the Minarchist Space Project

Kaerakh
Obscure Joke Implied
#14 - 2014-06-20 00:51:25 UTC
Jason Amelana wrote:
Deployable Outpost...you can fuel the outpost with oxygen isotopes to keep the shields online.
Fuel Bay: 1275 m3 [10 Oxygen Isotopes Per Hour]
My Comments
Chances are it might just be fueled to be online by oxygen Isotopes and require 10 Per hour.

Am I the only who finds this specific detail funny?
Jason Amelana
Ascendance
Goonswarm Federation
#15 - 2014-06-21 04:50:07 UTC
Bump