These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Employment History Changes??

Author
Aurelius Aquila
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#1 - 2014-05-14 09:32:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Aurelius Aquila
So I have an issue and my "petition" for rectification was politely swept aside.

I guess I'm one of the lucky few that has a character that was created within 24hrs of the CCP servers being switched on back in 2003.
Doesn't really sound like a problem I hear you say....and generally you'd be right, except - my character never joined a corp until 2013. Back at the very beginning CCP hadn't introduced the NPC aspect to the game and when they did, players had to enter a corp.

And here is where my problem comes to play....this delightful character sat in the apt slot of an account unused, untouched and apparently unloved for 10 years. Upon entering the game he was made to join a corporation (I assume the original owner opted for his own Player corp) and there his game history began. This, you understand is the problem. Instead of players seeing an 11yr old pilot and potentially running in fear of a wily and skilled PvP veteran they see a 2013 noobie ( by employment history standards) and scoff at there bing any real value to my skill (and isk value to resell btw)

How do I, as a lowly single voice inside such a large game get heard by the powers that be in the Dev department that can address issues like this?

I do appreciate that they are busy making better explosions, shinier ships and nerfing mining barges but simply adding a d.o.b to the employment sheet is deemed too difficult to do? Seriously? Understand its not a direct attack here and it could possibly be the result of a lazy GM not wanting to action my ticket but the mechanics involved in making shiny ships and bigger bang is surely not easier than adding a simple line to a character info page, is it?
Anthar Thebess
#2 - 2014-05-14 09:36:25 UTC
Why did you ever joined ANY corp.
This character was priceless not having any history.
Aurelius Aquila
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#3 - 2014-05-14 09:39:47 UTC
That was the previous owner and the game actually made him choose a corp before he could play, hence no NPC history before the first corp in Employment history.
Velicitia
XS Tech
#4 - 2014-05-14 09:49:25 UTC
Aurelius Aquila wrote:
So I have an issue and my "petition" for rectification was politely swept aside.

I guess I'm one of the lucky few that has a character that was created within 24hrs of the CCP servers being switched on back in 2003.
Doesn't really sound like a problem I hear you say....and generally you'd be right, except - my character never joined a corp until 2013. Back at the very beginning CCP hadn't introduced the NPC aspect to the game and when they did, players had to enter a corp.

And here is where my problem comes to play....this delightful character sat in the apt slot of an account unused, untouched and apparently unloved for 10 years. Upon entering the game he was made to join a corporation (I assume the original owner opted for his own Player corp) and there his game history began. This, you understand is the problem. Instead of players seeing an 11yr old pilot and potentially running in fear of a wily and skilled PvP veteran they see a 2013 noobie ( by employment history standards) and scoff at there bing any real value to my skill (and isk value to resell btw)

How do I, as a lowly single voice inside such a large game get heard by the powers that be in the Dev department that can address issues like this?

I do appreciate that they are busy making better explosions, shinier ships and nerfing mining barges but simply adding a d.o.b to the employment sheet is deemed too difficult to do? Seriously? Understand its not a direct attack here and it could possibly be the result of a lazy GM not wanting to action my ticket but the mechanics involved in making shiny ships and bigger bang is surely not easier than adding a simple like to a character info page, is it?

You could put the character up on eveboard and it'll show the DOB.

Although, yeah, something like this would be nice ingame.

One of the bitter points of a good bittervet is the realisation that all those SP don't really do much, and that the newbie is having much more fun with what little he has. - Tippia

Auduin Samson
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#5 - 2014-05-14 10:48:35 UTC
Sorry to side track, but that actually sounds like a bonus to me... I'd fill your character bio with rat damage types and sneak up on unsuspecting players that see a newbie ready for the pouncing.
Daichi Yamato
Jabbersnarks and Wonderglass
#6 - 2014-05-14 11:07:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Daichi Yamato
i think im missing something.

the char has no SP because it hasnt logged in a decade. but ur worried ppl wont think u have SP? Which is even more confusing given that ppl rarely care how much SP a char has unless ur selling it. And if u sell it based on SP it doesnt have, ur in trouble.

edit-
or were u able to log in for those ten years and not join an NPC corp until 2013? at which point the guy above me has the right idea.

EVE FAQ "7.2 CAN I AVOID PVP COMPLETELY? No; there are no systems or locations in New Eden where PvP may be completely avoided"

Daichi Yamato's version of structure based decs

Petrified
Old and Petrified Syndication
G0N3 F1SS10N
#7 - 2014-05-14 11:08:57 UTC
Aurelius Aquila wrote:
That was the previous owner and the game actually made him choose a corp before he could play, hence no NPC history before the first corp in Employment history.

So the character has been laying dormant and not collecting SP for 10 years and only in the last 12 months has started accumulating SP? In a sense, the SP value is going to be low, period, but I do sympathize with your desire to scare based on age alone.

Cloaking is the closest thing to a "Pause Game" button one can get while in space.

Support better localization for the Japanese Community.

Aurelius Aquila
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#8 - 2014-05-15 04:41:03 UTC
yah...the SP is enough to comfortably PvP without any real cause for concern but the problem I'm trying to get addressed/resolved is that unless someone looks at eveboard my age in game basically reads as 2013 because of the employment history. One line added to everyone's player info that stated dob fixes this issue.

I've seen that it has affected a couple other players but nowhere near enough to cause any ripples so far.

I just hope a dev can shed some light onto why its impossible to fix or maybe even bring the issue to the attention of the relevant PTB.