These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next page

CONCORD as a Capsuleer Career

First post
Author
Duncan Ringill
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#1 - 2014-05-10 19:28:30 UTC
CONCORD responds to aggression in hisec, pursues known criminals and attacks illegal facilities. We see at the gates that agents have faction hulls appropriate to the associated empire space, so let's create at least four career flavors. A player who wants to clean up hisec, with a badge and everything, checks in at his local CONCORD station:

DED offices with agents who offer security missions.
SCC offices with agents who offer distribution missions.

Missions offered by either of these corps may take the would-be agent into null to collect intel on NPCs without firing a shot.

The player who builds standings of at least five with, say, Minmatar DED is a Special Agent who has earned enough loyalty points to receive a Police Pursuit Firetail with flashing red lights and a license to come after evildoers. NPC CONCORD still won't pod you, but if you step into the wrong system (0.6 and up, say) with the wrong standings, automatic locator agents slip your name and last known hangout into a boilerplate bounty mission, and a qualified capsuleer special agent might pursue you, armed with his skills and kill rights...and may pod you if he can. Aggress in a hisec system, and a special agent--perhaps a gang of them--can warp in on the NPC space police to assist.

The careful career dokkener might work her way through the empires, building standings sufficient to be authorized to pull you over anywhere in hisec.

http://badwrongfun.org

Lephia DeGrande
Luxembourg Space Union
#2 - 2014-05-10 19:49:20 UTC
It would be cool if we can run our own missions for some factions if we resch standing 9 or 10.

Like a mobile Missionhub!
epicurus ataraxia
Z3R0 Return Mining Inc.
Illusion of Solitude
#3 - 2014-05-10 23:36:57 UTC
Duncan Ringill wrote:
CONCORD responds to aggression in hisec, pursues known criminals and attacks illegal facilities. We see at the gates that agents have faction hulls appropriate to the associated empire space, so let's create at least four career flavors. A player who wants to clean up hisec, with a badge and everything, checks in at his local CONCORD station:

DED offices with agents who offer security missions.
SCC offices with agents who offer distribution missions.

Missions offered by either of these corps may take the would-be agent into null to collect intel on NPCs without firing a shot.

The player who builds standings of at least five with, say, Minmatar DED is a Special Agent who has earned enough loyalty points to receive a Police Pursuit Firetail with flashing red lights and a license to come after evildoers. NPC CONCORD still won't pod you, but if you step into the wrong system (0.6 and up, say) with the wrong standings, automatic locator agents slip your name and last known hangout into a boilerplate bounty mission, and a qualified capsuleer special agent might pursue you, armed with his skills and kill rights...and may pod you if he can. Aggress in a hisec system, and a special agent--perhaps a gang of them--can warp in on the NPC space police to assist.

The careful career dokkener might work her way through the empires, building standings sufficient to be authorized to pull you over anywhere in hisec.

Sounds fun and if a suspect is repeatedly operating in a system for example a .5, concord players can be waiting and warped in if they are present faster than regular concord. and not so easy to be baited away.

There is one EvE. Many people. Many lifestyles. WE are EvE

Duncan Ringill
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#4 - 2014-05-10 23:40:00 UTC
I wouldn't want to invalidate the pirate lifestyle, but I think it could be as exciting to play the cop as the robber.

http://badwrongfun.org

Ravasta Helugo
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#5 - 2014-05-10 23:49:29 UTC
This is brilliant.

Run real missions that matter... I like it.
Suzariel Kel-Paten
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#6 - 2014-05-11 00:47:12 UTC
I'd join just for the spaceship. I keep meaning to buy one of those Gallente PD ships 'cause I think they're hilarious.
chaosgrimm
Synth Tech
#7 - 2014-05-11 01:32:10 UTC
Something like this would be pretty neat. +1
Roguehellhound
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#8 - 2014-05-11 02:18:00 UTC
this would be awesome (coming from a former heavy pirate)
Revy Aishira
Keiretsu.
Exponential Dysfunction
#9 - 2014-05-11 02:28:14 UTC
Believe Me when I say that I want this now.
Cassandra Aurilien
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#10 - 2014-05-11 02:33:56 UTC
I actually rather like this idea. More pvp is good. +1
Alex Cortex
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#11 - 2014-05-11 02:41:03 UTC
This sounds awesome. Although, I doubt CONCORD needs our help at the moment considering how powerful they are. Still, +1 from me! Smile
Catherine Laartii
Doomheim
#12 - 2014-05-11 02:47:41 UTC
Sounds like a great idea, but there are a few things you could add to it to take it further. Maybe you get some concord LP every time you kill a -5 or below pirate player? A bigger cut from bounty pools?
Uriel Paradisi Anteovnuecci
Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries Ltd.
Arataka Research Consortium
#13 - 2014-05-11 03:20:18 UTC
This is an amazing idea-
+1
Corraidhin Farsaidh
Singularity Expedition Services
Singularity Syndicate
#14 - 2014-05-11 04:41:37 UTC
I like this idea, would be very much fun I think. My only concern would be about whether this could be farmed, with players reaching -5 status and then jumping into a pre-agreed system to be killed for the rewards. Maybe assignments would need to be randomized and the same target not assigned to the same 'cop' for at least a month.
Rowells
Body Count Inc.
Mercenary Coalition
#15 - 2014-05-11 04:47:42 UTC
would there be the option to have corrupt police?

The possibilities....
Alia Ravenswing
DARK HAT
#16 - 2014-05-11 16:53:01 UTC
+1

I'm going to expand on this a bit. I think you would have to maintain a high standing, and concord pilots would be free to venture into low sec to enforce the law, where violations happen.

Instead of just taking a security hit, pilots would still have to worry about Pilot Concord players warping in on them and dealing justice.
Barbara Nichole
Cryogenic Consultancy
#17 - 2014-05-11 18:05:48 UTC
I wouldn't mind mission running and patrols for concord in low sec.. there is no need in high sec.

- remove the cloaked from local; free intel is the real problem, not  "afk" cloaking -

[IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a208/DawnFrostbringer/consultsig.jpg[/IMG]

Komodo Askold
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#18 - 2014-05-12 11:09:51 UTC
Sounds like a cool idea! +1
Alexei Stryker
Steiners Erben
Evictus.
#19 - 2014-05-12 11:38:53 UTC
+1
Audrey UntzUntz
Doomheim
#20 - 2014-05-12 12:22:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Audrey UntzUntz
Yes yes yes yes YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think the idea works better in low-sec, though. Attacks on non-wardecced, non-criminal capsuleers creates a beacon - much like in FW - in the scanner that player CONCORD agents can warp to.

Can also create some "trap" situations, yay emergent gameplay!
123Next page