These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Test Server Feedback

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next page

New Tooltips on Singularity

First post
Author
CCP Delegate Zero
C C P
C C P Alliance
#1 - 2014-04-30 13:02:52 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Goliath
Hi Guys,

Team Pirate Unicorns have deployed a new build to SiSi with another tranche of tooltip changes and additions to the UI.

Revisions and Reformats:

Revised NeoCom tooltips
Revised Station Services tooltips
Starmap tooltips improved and reformated
Module tootips improved

Additions:

New HUD tooltips
Entirely new overview tootips
New selected item window tooltips
In-space brackets listings in tooltip format
Character Sheet sidebar tooltips
Fitting Window tooltips
Ships/Drones attributes tooltips

Some of these we have A/B tested to date. Others we have a high confidence make a positive contribution without that form of testing. We are intending to release this full set to all players in the near future. We'd very much like your feedback on these.

In addition all pre-existing 'hints' (old tooltips) have been switched to the new basic format, so any problems you encounter would be very useful to know about.

Cheers,
Pirate Unicorns

CCP Delegate Zero | Content Designer - Writer | @CCPDelegateZero

Bienator II
madmen of the skies
#2 - 2014-04-30 18:39:32 UTC
cool stuff! what about tooltips for characters listing basics like current corp, standing icons, aggression icons etc? (so you don't have to show-info all the time)

how to fix eve: 1) remove ECM 2) rename dampeners to ECM 3) add new anti-drone ewar for caldari 4) give offgrid boosters ongrid combat value

Salpun
Global Telstar Federation Offices
Greater D.U.S.K. Coalition
#3 - 2014-05-01 01:00:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Salpun
CCP Delegate Zero wrote:

In-space brackets listings in tooltip format

Pirate Unicorns

What are we suppose to be seeing from this feature?

Is this in the settings window?

If in space its currently not showing up until you hold down on it long enough to get the radial menu and it closes really fast. I am just getting a flash.

If i dont know something about EVE. I check https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/ISK_The_Guide

See you around the universe.

CCP Delegate Zero
C C P
C C P Alliance
#4 - 2014-05-01 10:50:35 UTC
Yeah, I probably worded that a bit obscurely.

What I meant by that is when you have a lot of bracket icons in space close together (for eg. either they are bunched up at the corner/edge of screen, or they are distant and happen to be very close to one another, like stations, planets, moons, etc) on TQ now you will get a fairly unwieldy list brackets and names that we felt could be improved on.

So on SiSi this list now appears in a tooltip, which if it goes beyond a certain number is scrollable and the entries are fully interactable with radial, right click, etc.

If you're still having problems with this let us know what you're seeing.

Cheers,
DZ

Liner Xiandra
Sparks Inc
#5 - 2014-05-02 09:30:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Liner Xiandra
Liking these a lot, including the shortcut notice in the top corner.

Tooltips on the overview items are a bit redundant for things like stations / gates / planets atm; but maybe if it showed some more data it'd be pretty cool; say a tooltip on a stargate to say
"Stargate to Amamake
- Heimatar > Hed constellation
- 0.4 security space
- 3 podkills in the last 30 minutes
"

(or if you want to go all out, let us pick some statistics to show here)

Station tooltips could show dockingrights / standings and so on.
Salpun
#6 - 2014-05-02 12:12:48 UTC
CCP Delegate Zero wrote:

What I meant by that is when you have a lot of bracket icons in space close together (for eg. either they are bunched up at the corner/edge of screen, or they are distant and happen to be very close to one another, like stations, planets, moons, etc) on TQ now you will get a fairly unwieldy list brackets and names that we felt could be improved on.

So on SiSi this list now appears in a tooltip, which if it goes beyond a certain number is scrollable and the entries are fully interactable with radial, right click, etc.

Cheers,
DZ

Only works upper left corner.

If i dont know something about EVE. I check https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/ISK_The_Guide

Noriko Mai
#7 - 2014-05-02 19:10:24 UTC
Salpun wrote:
CCP Delegate Zero wrote:

Cheers,
DZ

I think he means this.

"Meh.." - Albert Einstein

Salpun
#8 - 2014-05-02 19:14:02 UTC
Noriko Mai wrote:
Salpun wrote:
CCP Delegate Zero wrote:

Cheers,
DZ

I think he means this.

90% client is broken

Noriko Mai
#9 - 2014-05-02 20:25:04 UTC
Salpun wrote:

90% client is broken

I don't understand.

Salpun
#10 - 2014-05-02 20:38:03 UTC
Noriko Mai wrote:
Salpun wrote:

90% client is broken

I don't understand.

Set your client to 90% and in windows mode.

Noriko Mai
#11 - 2014-05-02 20:38:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Noriko Mai
Salpun wrote:
Noriko Mai wrote:
Salpun wrote:

90% client is broken

I don't understand.

Oh, I see, you mean scale Big smileBig smile

Edit: I can confirm In-space brackets listings in tooltip format on 90%, 110%, 125% scale are broken. They flash a few times and disappear.

Merida DunBrogh
Black Screen Of Raging Defeat
#12 - 2014-05-03 21:35:01 UTC
Noriko Mai wrote:
Salpun wrote:
Noriko Mai wrote:
Salpun wrote:

90% client is broken

I don't understand.

Oh, I see, you mean scale Big smileBig smile

Edit: I can confirm In-space brackets listings in tooltip format on 90%, 110%, 125% scale are broken. They flash a few times and disappear.

I can't even get it to appear 80% of the time o.O The time to make it appear(the few times I could actually get it to appear) seems awfully long though in comparison to how it used to be, or is that just me?

I thought I was just doing something wrong, or possibly something not fully working yet, "glad" to see though that it is simply a scaling issue.
Alsia Zek
Doomheim
#13 - 2014-05-04 18:56:36 UTC
I like the new tool tips.

But is there a method to tune the delay time for the popup to appear?
Or could this be a freature request? :)

I would pefer a 0 second delay myself as I care more for quick response than flasy eye candy.
CCP Delegate Zero
C C P
C C P Alliance
#14 - 2014-05-05 08:50:32 UTC
Thanks for these reports, we're on it.

Any other feedback you have, let us know.

Lena Lazair
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#15 - 2014-05-06 17:02:11 UTC
CCP Delegate Zero wrote:

This is awesome. However, sometimes when I right-click in the item list for the context menu, the tooltip disappears. Other times it stays visible with the item I right-click highlighted. This inconsistency is a bit annoying; would be awesome if it always stayed visible with the item I right-click highlighted.

Oddly enough, when in warp, this doesn't seem to happen... the tooltip always stays visible on right-click. But out of warp it's about 50/50 whether it stays visible or disappears.
Salpun
#16 - 2014-05-07 05:53:54 UTC
UI interface technique called the "Amazon Menu Triangle" hack is added to all right click menus. Devs are looking for feed back.

CCP Delegate Zero
C C P
C C P Alliance
#17 - 2014-05-07 09:35:02 UTC
Lena Lazair wrote:
CCP Delegate Zero wrote:

This is awesome. However, sometimes when I right-click in the item list for the context menu, the tooltip disappears. Other times it stays visible with the item I right-click highlighted. This inconsistency is a bit annoying; would be awesome if it always stayed visible with the item I right-click highlighted.

Oddly enough, when in warp, this doesn't seem to happen... the tooltip always stays visible on right-click. But out of warp it's about 50/50 whether it stays visible or disappears.

One of our UI programmers figured out why this is happening and we'll be looking at this issue. Put simply, if the right-click menu covers the 'source' bracket when it appears then this disappearing act of the list tooltip will happen.

Salpun
#18 - 2014-05-07 12:14:25 UTC
Salpun wrote:
UI interface technique called the "Amazon Menu Triangle" hack is added to all right click menus. Devs are looking for feed back.

only draw back in the reddit thread so far.

now the "Jump To" menu is going to stay out when you think you are in the "Bridge To" menu :-(

Lena Lazair
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#19 - 2014-05-07 16:36:05 UTC
Salpun wrote:

now the "Jump To" menu is going to stay out when you think you are in the "Bridge To" menu :-(

That's not a drawback. That's a conflict driver.
Salpun
#20 - 2014-05-08 01:09:00 UTC
Lena Lazair wrote:
Salpun wrote:

That's not a drawback. That's a conflict driver.

True but would hate to have this feature pulled after deploy because of this. The location list just needs a icon on top that of the pop out that says what it is going to happen when you select a location.

123Next page