These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Alliance & Corporation Recruitment Center

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

So how DO I get into alliance/nullsec play?

Author
Cleerly Analt
State War Academy
Caldari State
#1 - 2011-11-14 23:08:15 UTC
I created this third account (this character is not the toon I'm training) to get into nullsec gaming, as I'm sick of mission running and margin trading (first account) and dicking around with various things like PVP lite (Red Vs Blue), Incursions, etc. (second account).

But I haven't the foggiest idea HOW to.

The alliances all seem to be their own little blobs of people who are organized elsewhere and only allow said people in (IE Goonswarm) or pretend to invite people and then steal their **** (Goonswarm too, but this is all I hear of the other major alliances), or are Russian.

I don't speak Russian.

I know Goonswarm's 'recruiting' is bullshit, but do any of the large alliances actually have active recruitment going on? If so, how long can I expect it to take to be taken on/trusted to move into nullsec with them (or whatever)?

Since this is a brand-new character, can I expect to have to wait months while I get enough SP to please the recruiters? Will I be pissing away money to fund my PVP career here with the money I earn with my carebears?
Turk Fezzik
Sardaukar Merc Guild
General Tso's Alliance
#2 - 2011-11-15 04:00:13 UTC
There are plenty of corps out there who will take on newer characters. I'd like to talk to you more about flying with us in nullsec.

Here is my recruiting post. https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=29278&find=unread

I'll be online in a couple of hours. If you are around drop me a line.

PS - Love your alts name.
Cleerly Analt
State War Academy
Caldari State
#3 - 2011-11-15 04:18:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Cleerly Analt
Turk Fezzik wrote:
There are plenty of corps out there who will take on newer characters. I'd like to talk to you more about flying with us in nullsec.

Here is my recruiting post. https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=29278&find=unread

I'll be online in a couple of hours. If you are around drop me a line.

PS - Love your alts name.

Now here's the rub: I plan to have +5s plugged into this account's main (as soon as Cyb V is trained) to train them up as quickly as possible. One thing that concerns me about the low/null life, having spent my whole EVE career in highsec except for occasional roams, is that it seems that 4 out of 5 times you fight people, you get podded. (Is this only when you're getting ganked? It strikes me that in fleet battles, the opposing fleets have more to worry about than trying to pop pods). Don't try to sugarcoat it to get me as a recruit, I want the bottom line. I won't mind as much once I'm over 10mil SP or so, but this weakly-trained in my career, I don't want to spend half my life activating clones.

Now, I know I could install a JC in Empire space and just jump back whenever I'm not actively PVPing, but how often will this be the case? That is, JCs take 24 hours to cool down, so I won't be able to jump right away. Is null profitable enough to afford 2 sets of +5s at ~100mil ISK each whenever I am unfortunate enough to die (assuming I do a min/max training sequence focusing on skills with the same attributes)? I know, typical carebear attitude, worrying about the bottom line, but 100 mil isn't THAT much of a throwaway for me, yet. Do you think I would be better off spending this first month (Power of 2 account, have CA) training core skills like engineering and electronics skills, and then switch to weaponry and ship command once I'm out and about?

I know part of the reason people want high-SP characters out in null is because they want people who can do things, not so they can wait a month for their recruit to skill this or that. I know, you can be tackling within a day or two with basic skills, but if I'm going to be that little use, I figure I might as well train up more before messing around out there.
penifSMASH
ElitistOps
Snuffed Out
#4 - 2011-11-15 06:17:18 UTC
Hello friend, in null sec you WILL lose lots of ships and you WILL lose lots of pods, especially if you are a new player. This is a simple fact of life. Accept it now. I recommend nothing more advanced than sets of +2 learning implants if you are a newbie player getting started in PvP. Keep your +5 clone in empire and jump clone it to it when you know you will be away from EVE for an extended period of time (more than 24 hours).

You really shouldn't be worried about gaining SP as fast as possible. You do not need to be a high SP player to be useful or to have fun in the game. Enjoy the game and take it as it comes to you. Find a ship that looks fun to fly (or that your corp/alliance uses a lot) and train for that. By the time you've trained and flown that for a bit, you'll find something else that is fun or useful and you will start training for that. Eventually you will get to a point in the game when you become experienced enough to know what to train for long term.

Also if you are looking for a null sec alliance as a new player, I recommend joining a corp or alliance that focuses on small gang PvP instead of sov warfare. You will actually learn how to PvP and play the game, find it a lot more engaging than being in a blob, and also find yourself to be useful despite your low SP. Off the top of my head, Flying Dangerous and Concordiat Alliance are two alliances that live in null sec and take newer players. They may or may not have SP requirements though, you should check them out. And of course I'll have to put in a plug for SniggWaffe, which is my alliance's training corp, although they have a 5m SP minimum if I recall correctly.

My question is why do you have 3 accounts and only one of them (the newest one at that) dedicated to PvP? And why aren't you training up your oldest account for PvP?
Turk Fezzik
Sardaukar Merc Guild
General Tso's Alliance
#5 - 2011-11-15 06:40:18 UTC
^^ what he said

Keep the +5's tucked away in a highsec clone. You should make enough ISK to fly with +4's but I don't usually bother. If your implants cost more than your ship your probably doing it wrong. Big smile
Shoikan
AOS Holding
Ace of Spades.
#6 - 2011-11-15 06:40:23 UTC
What penif said.. And, like them or not, PL guys tend to know what they are talking about :)