These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Skill Discussions

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

New Drone changes and Navigation V?

Author
GKFC
Quis Leget Haec
#1 - 2014-04-15 01:19:09 UTC
So I've kept Navigation at IV due to the potential for overshooting? I don't know if that is still necessary but I've done it anyway.

Question would be: I assume that is still the case with the upcoming changes? Especially now Medium and Heavy Drones are getting a bit of a speed buff too?

Or is it safe to go to V.

http://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/giving-drones-an-assist/
Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat
Working Stiffs
#2 - 2014-04-15 02:50:43 UTC
Drones overshooting hasn't been a problem in a long time.

However, I don't put it beyond CCP's reach to break them again.

Regardless, myself and all my alts that use drones have it trained to level 5, as it is a rank 1 skill so fast to train.
GKFC
Quis Leget Haec
#3 - 2014-04-15 13:06:38 UTC
Oh yeah it's not so much about how fast it is to train just whether it may cause issues.

Sounds like probably not but may just wait a little. It's one of the few Drone skills I still haven't got to V so no biggie.
Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat
Working Stiffs
#4 - 2014-04-15 17:37:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Tau Cabalander
Also keep in mind that all drone skills will affect all drones.

So faster travelling light / medium / heavy drones that have to use a larger orbit, will now benefit from increased optimal range from Drone Sharpshooting.
GKFC
Quis Leget Haec
#5 - 2014-04-16 00:29:38 UTC
It's cool, everything except Navigation is at V for those things.

Will wait and see if there are any tears from the upcoming drone changes (relating to overshooting...) and make the call then.

Appreciate your responses.
Nalelmir Ahashion
Industrial Management and Engineering
Mouth Trumpet Cavalry
#6 - 2014-04-16 23:52:08 UTC
Hijacking thread... so with all the drone skills affects all drones will mining drones will gain new benefits from skills which they didn't had before?

Also with changes to Drone Interfacing bonus what will be the change for mining drones yield from rank 4 to 5 ?
Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat
Working Stiffs
#7 - 2014-04-17 00:01:03 UTC
Nalelmir Ahashion wrote:
Hijacking thread... so with all the drone skills affects all drones will mining drones will gain new benefits from skills which they didn't had before?

Also with changes to Drone Interfacing bonus what will be the change for mining drones yield from rank 4 to 5 ?

Good question. You should ask it in the blog comments thread.

Unless mining drones receive a buff like combat drones, they will have a lower yield.
Nalelmir Ahashion
Industrial Management and Engineering
Mouth Trumpet Cavalry
#8 - 2014-04-17 00:14:44 UTC
link? :)
GKFC
Quis Leget Haec
#9 - 2014-04-17 00:32:17 UTC
There's a Comments link in the blog I originally posted Blink