These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page
 

hi sec not the same as it used to be

First post
Author
Shadowlightt
Doomheim
#1 - 2014-04-02 10:39:30 UTC
Anyone notice how much hi sec has changed in the last 4 years? Like the order and things.
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#2 - 2014-04-02 10:41:33 UTC
Yea. You have never been safer.
Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
Transgress
#3 - 2014-04-02 10:41:36 UTC
Solecist Project
#4 - 2014-04-02 11:07:57 UTC
Yeah! Too many gankers and griefers!
Seriously, every where I go there's either a flashy red or a flashy yellow in the system!

Why doesn't CCP do anything against this madness???? How do they expect us to enjoy the game when there are so many others deliberately trying to ruin it for us!!!??? WHY ARE YOU PEOPLE SO MEAN!!! LEAVE BRITNEY ALONE!!!!!

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia

WouldYouEver HaveSexWith aGoat
Doomheim
#5 - 2014-04-02 11:15:47 UTC
No one cares about flashy reds and yellows. I'm a flashy red and yellow. People care about 30 year olds having the mentality of 16 year olds and bothering other 30 year olds about it.
Grunanca
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#6 - 2014-04-02 11:16:38 UTC
Solecist Project wrote:
Yeah! Too many gankers and griefers!
Seriously, every where I go there's either a flashy red or a flashy yellow in the system!

Why doesn't CCP do anything against this madness???? How do they expect us to enjoy the game when there are so many others deliberately trying to ruin it for us!!!??? WHY ARE YOU PEOPLE SO MEAN!!! LEAVE BRITNEY ALONE!!!!!


You clearly werent there back when you could tank concord and kill on...

Way too much have been done!

These are the changes I remember without a bit of googleing:

* Concord damage buffed so it cant be tanked anymore, even not with a whole fleet of remote reparing ships.
* You no longer get insurance payout for ships that die to CONCORD.
* You can no longer warp when you are waiting for CONCORD to come remove your ship. Back in the days, you could fit and arty tempest and warp from bookmark to bookmark 2-3 times with CONCORD chasing you. All while popping 2-3 mackinaws while running.
* You get jammed by CONCORD.
* You lose control of your drones as soon as CONCORD arrives.
* You get neuted to 0 cap the second they hit instead of during 5-6 seconds.
* Mining ships got a ridicolous HP buff.
* All ships got a 25 % HP buff.
* T2 haulers cant be cargo scanned.
* Jump freigters were introduced and removed all risk from hauling big stuff out of high sec.

So yeah, high sec changed a whole lot... Gankers got smarter, victims didnt... End of story!
Solecist Project
#7 - 2014-04-02 11:19:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Solecist Project
Grunanca wrote:
Solecist Project wrote:
Yeah! Too many gankers and griefers!
Seriously, every where I go there's either a flashy red or a flashy yellow in the system!

Why doesn't CCP do anything against this madness???? How do they expect us to enjoy the game when there are so many others deliberately trying to ruin it for us!!!??? WHY ARE YOU PEOPLE SO MEAN!!! LEAVE BRITNEY ALONE!!!!!


You clearly werent there back when you could tank concord and kill on...

Way too much have been done!

These are the changes I remember without a bit of googleing:

* Concord damage buffed so it cant be tanked anymore, even not with a whole fleet of remote reparing ships.
* You no longer get insurance payout for ships that die to CONCORD.
* You can no longer warp when you are waiting for CONCORD to come remove your ship. Back in the days, you could fit and arty tempest and warp from bookmark to bookmark 2-3 times with CONCORD chasing you. All while popping 2-3 mackinaws while running.
* You get jammed by CONCORD.
* You lose control of your drones as soon as CONCORD arrives.
* You get neuted to 0 cap the second they hit instead of during 5-6 seconds.
* Mining ships got a ridicolous HP buff.
* All ships got a 25 % HP buff.
* T2 haulers cant be cargo scanned.
* Jump freigters were introduced and removed all risk from hauling big stuff out of high sec.

So yeah, high sec changed a whole lot... Gankers got smarter, victims didnt... End of story!
I bet you made that all up!!

Next you tell me you can't grab loot from a can while being cloaked! Ridiculous!

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia

Winchester Steele
#8 - 2014-04-02 11:20:31 UTC
Shadowlightt wrote:
Anyone notice how much hi sec has changed in the last 4 years? Like the order and things.



What? You mean content creators getting pushed out of the game by loud-mouthed carebears, and all meaningful forms of player interaction slowly being squelched into oblivion by politically correct WoW rejects. System upon system filling up with bots revelling in the perfect safety of their massively buffed barge ehp, while entire professions get utterly decimated by brutal nerfs to aggression mechanics.

Nah. Hadn't noticed.

...

Na Und
Galactronics
#9 - 2014-04-02 11:23:54 UTC
Winchester Steele wrote:
Shadowlightt wrote:
Anyone notice how much hi sec has changed in the last 4 years? Like the order and things.



What? You mean content creators getting pushed out of the game by loud-mouthed carebears, and all meaningful forms of player interaction slowly being squelched into oblivion by politically correct WoW rejects. System upon system filling up with bots revelling in the perfect safety of their massively buffed barge ehp, while entire professions get utterly decimated by brutal nerfs to aggression mechanics.

Nah. Hadn't noticed.


That was splendid. I could imagine your tears falling to your keyboard.
Winchester Steele
#10 - 2014-04-02 11:26:19 UTC
Na Und wrote:
Winchester Steele wrote:
Shadowlightt wrote:
Anyone notice how much hi sec has changed in the last 4 years? Like the order and things.



What? You mean content creators getting pushed out of the game by loud-mouthed carebears, and all meaningful forms of player interaction slowly being squelched into oblivion by politically correct WoW rejects. System upon system filling up with bots revelling in the perfect safety of their massively buffed barge ehp, while entire professions get utterly decimated by brutal nerfs to aggression mechanics.

Nah. Hadn't noticed.


That was splendid. I could imagine your tears falling to your keyboard.



Sure. And here I thought I was being funny. Ahh internet.

...

March rabbit
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#11 - 2014-04-02 11:33:40 UTC  |  Edited by: March rabbit
Grunanca wrote:

These are the changes I remember without a bit of googleing:

* Concord damage buffed so it cant be tanked anymore, even not with a whole fleet of remote reparing ships.
* You no longer get insurance payout for ships that die to CONCORD.
* You can no longer warp when you are waiting for CONCORD to come remove your ship. Back in the days, you could fit and arty tempest and warp from bookmark to bookmark 2-3 times with CONCORD chasing you. All while popping 2-3 mackinaws while running.
* You get jammed by CONCORD.
* You lose control of your drones as soon as CONCORD arrives.
* You get neuted to 0 cap the second they hit instead of during 5-6 seconds.
* Mining ships got a ridicolous HP buff.
* All ships got a 25 % HP buff.
* T2 haulers cant be cargo scanned.
* Jump freigters were introduced and removed all risk from hauling big stuff out of high sec.

So yeah, high sec changed a whole lot... Gankers got smarter, victims didnt... End of story!

Let's compare:
* Concord damage buffed so it cant be tanked anymore, even not with a whole fleet of remote reparing ships.
* You get jammed by CONCORD.
* You lose control of your drones as soon as CONCORD arrives.
* You get neuted to 0 cap the second they hit instead of during 5-6 seconds.
Before: people could play with fitting and fleeting ideas
Now: fit for maximum DPS, no fleet compositions (i don't speak about OGB and cloaked warp-in point). Warp, kill, die

* You no longer get insurance payout for ships that die to CONCORD.
Before: you could use different ships
Now: you use cheapest possible option: Catalyst, Vexor, etc...

* You can no longer warp when you are waiting for CONCORD to come remove your ship. Back in the days, you could fit and arty tempest and warp from bookmark to bookmark 2-3 times with CONCORD chasing you. All while popping 2-3 mackinaws while running.
Before: smarter people could discover this tactics and play it
Now: all ganks are equal - warp, kill, die

* T2 haulers cant be cargo scanned.
Before: you had to calculate risks: cargo amount vs your expenses
Now: you just drop coin....

All in all i don't see how gankers could get smarter with all these changes. Actually ganking became easier: you have no need to do homework about fitting and fleeting strategies. All 1 week old chars trained for Catalyst and max DPS have the same chances to be successful.

The Mittani: "the inappropriate drunked joke"

Na Und
Galactronics
#12 - 2014-04-02 11:33:52 UTC
Winchester Steele wrote:
Na Und wrote:
Winchester Steele wrote:
Shadowlightt wrote:
Anyone notice how much hi sec has changed in the last 4 years? Like the order and things.



What? You mean content creators getting pushed out of the game by loud-mouthed carebears, and all meaningful forms of player interaction slowly being squelched into oblivion by politically correct WoW rejects. System upon system filling up with bots revelling in the perfect safety of their massively buffed barge ehp, while entire professions get utterly decimated by brutal nerfs to aggression mechanics.

Nah. Hadn't noticed.


That was splendid. I could imagine your tears falling to your keyboard.



Sure. And here I thought I was being funny. Ahh internet.


Funny or typical? Internet, indeed.
ChromeStriker
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#13 - 2014-04-02 11:34:25 UTC
Im back in Hi-sec after a long break in null. Its quite nice being back in all the termoil

No Worries

Shederov Blood
Deadly Viper Kitten Mitten Sewing Company
#14 - 2014-04-02 11:41:07 UTC
Grunanca wrote:
These are the changes I remember without a bit of googleing:

* Concord damage buffed so it cant be tanked anymore, even not with a whole fleet of remote reparing ships.
* You no longer get insurance payout for ships that die to CONCORD.
* You can no longer warp when you are waiting for CONCORD to come remove your ship. Back in the days, you could fit and arty tempest and warp from bookmark to bookmark 2-3 times with CONCORD chasing you. All while popping 2-3 mackinaws while running.
* You get jammed by CONCORD.
* You lose control of your drones as soon as CONCORD arrives.
* You get neuted to 0 cap the second they hit instead of during 5-6 seconds.
* Mining ships got a ridicolous HP buff.
* All ships got a 25 % HP buff.
* T2 haulers cant be cargo scanned.
* Jump freigters were introduced and removed all risk from hauling big stuff out of high sec.

Not nearly enough. They still need to make the following changes.

* Pods can no longer warp for the duration of criminal timers.
* CONCORD kills anyone in highsec with lower than -5 security status, not just those with a criminal timer.
* Gate and station sentry guns shoot at suspects.
* Suspects can no longer legally return fire when attacked by a non-suspect.
* Wardec fees increased to 500mil minimum.
* Freighters gain a low slot and 3 rig slots with no other stats changed.
* Level 5 missions moved back to highsec.

Who put the goat in there?

Ramona McCandless
The McCandless Clan
#15 - 2014-04-02 11:45:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Ramona McCandless
The order of what?

Items in the market?

Who comes first in logi triage?

Please explain

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

Ramona McCandless
The McCandless Clan
#16 - 2014-04-02 12:01:38 UTC
Shederov Blood wrote:


* Pods can no longer warp for the duration of criminal timers.
* CONCORD kills anyone in highsec with lower than -5 security status, not just those with a criminal timer.
* Gate and station sentry guns shoot at suspects.
* Suspects can no longer legally return fire when attacked by a non-suspect.
* Wardec fees increased to 500mil minimum.
* Freighters gain a low slot and 3 rig slots with no other stats changed.
* Level 5 missions moved back to highsec.


* Caldari police and all gate and station guns IMMEADIATELY attack all pilots with Gallente logos in the background
* Vice Versa
* Amarr pilots required to learn Pax Amarria by heart or join Blood Raiders and leave High Sec
* Warships banned from High Sec
* Any weapon or ECM sales either require official armament transporter permit or are banned from high Sec
* Four legs good
* Two legs Bad
* No ducks allowed
* Infinate Rice Pudding available at all Piggly Wigglies in the metro area

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

Shadowlightt
Doomheim
#17 - 2014-04-02 12:07:48 UTC
Guys please no flaming i just wonder if any of u think high sec has improved or declined
Pak Narhoo
Splinter Foundation
#18 - 2014-04-02 12:18:33 UTC
Shadowlightt wrote:
Guys please no flaming i just wonder if any of u think high sec has improved or declined


Improved or declined in what?

I found it always an unsafe place to be in. Way too many people in the same spot and not being able to instantly see they're blue or not, tbh that creeps me out! Shocked
Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
Transgress
#19 - 2014-04-02 12:18:52 UTC
Shadowlightt wrote:
Guys please no flaming i just wonder if any of u think high sec has improved or declined

You might have written an op to direct the initial direction of the tread, given how vague it is I'd say you're lucky it's not a thread about bacon already....actuallyShockedCool
Solecist Project
#20 - 2014-04-02 12:24:38 UTC
This thread is now about bacon.

Somebody call Tollen Gallen!

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia

123Next pageLast page