These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page
 

High sec Mission runners just got completely screwed by CCP

First post First post
Author
Dinsdale Pirannha
Pirannha Corp
#1 - 2014-03-20 17:53:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Dinsdale Pirannha
Folks, read the newest dev blog. The goons in the post are gloating in their posts, so you know it is terrible for high sec.
In a few months, mission runners will now have to invest weeks and weeks of training, plus buy a hideously expensive implant, to get the privilege of a 45-50% nerf (correction from the original post, the null sec lackeys were even more vicious than I first thought) to all mission loot refines.
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#2 - 2014-03-20 17:56:26 UTC
So mining is being buffed.
The Geoman
Anarchos Syndicate
#3 - 2014-03-20 18:03:40 UTC
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:
Folks, read the newest dev blog. The goons in the post are gloating in their posts, so you know it is terrible for high sec.
In a few months, mission runners will now have to invest weeks and weeks of training, plus buy a hideously expensive implant, to get the privilege of a 27.6% nerf to all mission loot refines.


Were you around when they nerfed mission loot, years back? That was quite a hit to mission-running income, for those who looted their wrecks.
Salvos Rhoska
#4 - 2014-03-20 18:06:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Salvos Rhoska
+1 to Mining Multiboxers.

Well played.

Not only will Miners be getting more out of their ore/ice, there is substantially less minerals coming into the market from loot refinement.

So a double whammy.

Do you have a multibox mining fleet yet?
No? You should probably start one.
Marvin Narville
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2014-03-20 18:07:18 UTC
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:
Folks, read the newest dev blog. The goons in the post are gloating in their posts, so you know it is terrible for high sec.
In a few months, mission runners will now have to invest weeks and weeks of training, plus buy a hideously expensive implant, to get the privilege of a 27.6% nerf to all mission loot refines.



...Teeeechnically also a nerf to ninja looters and such, sounds fair and balanced no? :D
Toshiro Ozuwara
Perkone
#6 - 2014-03-20 18:09:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Toshiro Ozuwara
Ninja looters have been taking it in the butte for about 18 months now.

It didn't take long to locate the tracking beacon, deep inside the quarters for sleepin' They thought they could get away Not today, it's not the way that this kid plays

Seraph Essael
Anomalous Existence
Spatial Instability
#7 - 2014-03-20 18:11:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Seraph Essael
To be fair, there's a mission runner in my corp who loots and refines his mission loot... He actually gets more from that per hour that a dedicated miner friend of his...
So yeah, this is a buff to mining and refining not a foot up the mission runners arses.

Link to devblog please... Stupid search function gone kaput on me damn phone...

Quoted from Doc Fury: "Concerned citizens: Doc seldom plays EVE on the weekends during spring and summer, so you will always be on your own for a couple days a week. Doc spends that time collecting kittens for the on-going sacrifices, engaging in reckless outdoor activities, and speaking in the 3rd person."

Batelle
Filthy Peasants
#8 - 2014-03-20 18:15:23 UTC
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:
Folks, read the newest dev blog. The goons in the post are gloating in their posts, so you know it is terrible for high sec.
In a few months, mission runners will now have to invest weeks and weeks of training, plus buy a hideously expensive implant, to get the privilege of a 27.6% nerf to all mission loot refines.


Or you could just sell your loot to someone that makes such refines their profession in the first place, as most people already do.

Guess who else it nerfs? nullsec anomaly runners. MTUs plus chained anomalies makes looting very efficient and a large portion of income.

Guess who it doesn't nerf at all? hisec mission blitzers that don't loot.

"**CCP is changing policy, and has asked that we discontinue the bonus credit program after November 7th. So until then, enjoy a super-bonus of 1B Blink Credit for each 60-day GTC you buy!"**

Never forget.

Dinsdale Pirannha
Pirannha Corp
#9 - 2014-03-20 18:16:08 UTC
Seraph Essael wrote:
To be fair, there's a mission runner in my corp who loots and refines his mission loot... He actually gets more from that per hour that a dedicated miner friend of his...
So yeah, this is a buff to mining and refining not a foot up the mission runners arses.

Link to devblog please... Stupid search function gone kaput on me damn phone...


It is precisely an attack on the mission runners.
Or anyone who reprocesses modules in high sec particularly.

I called this attack on high sec for the past winter release.
Guess I was off by 6 months.
Now waiting for the other "balances" coming with this release to further ruin high sec for the benefit of the cartels.
Salvos Rhoska
#10 - 2014-03-20 18:16:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Salvos Rhoska
Seraph Essael wrote:
So yeah, this is a buff to mining and refining AND a foot up the mission runners arses.


Fixed that for you.
Dinsdale Pirannha
Pirannha Corp
#11 - 2014-03-20 18:18:18 UTC
The Geoman wrote:
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:
Folks, read the newest dev blog. The goons in the post are gloating in their posts, so you know it is terrible for high sec.
In a few months, mission runners will now have to invest weeks and weeks of training, plus buy a hideously expensive implant, to get the privilege of a 27.6% nerf to all mission loot refines.


Were you around when they nerfed mission loot, years back? That was quite a hit to mission-running income, for those who looted their wrecks.


Yeah, I was.
This is just another cut in the "death by a thousand cuts" to high sec.
CCP truly does hate the majority of its subscription base.
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#12 - 2014-03-20 18:19:05 UTC
Well ****, looks like CCP is on the path to fixing Null industryBig smile
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#13 - 2014-03-20 18:20:21 UTC  |  Edited by: baltec1
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:


Yeah, I was.
This is just another cut in the "death by a thousand cuts" to high sec.
CCP truly does hate the majority of its subscription base.


You do know that the best income from missions involves no looting right?

This will have no impact at all to mission runners who run missions effectively.
MeBiatch
GRR GOONS
#14 - 2014-03-20 18:21:15 UTC
Batelle wrote:
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:
Folks, read the newest dev blog. The goons in the post are gloating in their posts, so you know it is terrible for high sec.
In a few months, mission runners will now have to invest weeks and weeks of training, plus buy a hideously expensive implant, to get the privilege of a 27.6% nerf to all mission loot refines.


Or you could just sell your loot to someone that makes such refines their profession in the first place, as most people already do.

Guess who else it nerfs? nullsec anomaly runners. MTUs plus chained anomalies makes looting very efficient and a large portion of income.

Guess who it doesn't nerf at all? hisec mission blitzers that don't loot.


sush dinsdale does not precribe to logic

There are no stupid Questions... just stupid people... CCP Goliath wrote:

Ugh ti-di pooping makes me sad.

Dinsdale Pirannha
Pirannha Corp
#15 - 2014-03-20 18:21:49 UTC
Batelle wrote:
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:
Folks, read the newest dev blog. The goons in the post are gloating in their posts, so you know it is terrible for high sec.
In a few months, mission runners will now have to invest weeks and weeks of training, plus buy a hideously expensive implant, to get the privilege of a 27.6% nerf to all mission loot refines.


Or you could just sell your loot to someone that makes such refines their profession in the first place, as most people already do.

Guess who else it nerfs? nullsec anomaly runners. MTUs plus chained anomalies makes looting very efficient and a large portion of income.

Guess who it doesn't nerf at all? hisec mission blitzers that don't loot.


What you say is true, but for the fact is that vast majority of null sec anom runners don't loot.
And most mission runners do loot in high sec.

Guess the MTU was to popular a module, and the tractor beam bonus of the Marauder just became even more useless.
Bagrat Skalski
Koinuun Kotei
#16 - 2014-03-20 18:22:46 UTC
Talking about industry, why is that survey there? I predict some buff. But first goes the nerf.
Chad Wylder
Rusty Bucket Bay
#17 - 2014-03-20 18:23:15 UTC
Make a filter for loot that only returns salvage and loot that is worth more than, say 200,000 isk. (or whatever value you want.) You can take that to market without a massive list of items to go through and get pretty much all of your loot value.

For the rest of the loot, I'm sure there will be refining groups popping up that accept stuff that people don't want to refine or waste time selling these items themselves. Or the corp you're in might have someone with perfect refining skills.


If anything I'd consider this a good thing. It can make refining for others a very viable profession. And I really don't see it affecting mission runners much at all as long as they use their item filters.
MeBiatch
GRR GOONS
#18 - 2014-03-20 18:23:27 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:


Yeah, I was.
This is just another cut in the "death by a thousand cuts" to high sec.
CCP truly does hate the majority of its subscription base.


You do know that the best income from missions involves no looting right?

This will have no impact at all to mission runners who run missions effectively.


you know i got to say i really like goons now...

used to not like because i had a hard on for Bob but now you are bob... so you can have my epeen

There are no stupid Questions... just stupid people... CCP Goliath wrote:

Ugh ti-di pooping makes me sad.

MeBiatch
GRR GOONS
#19 - 2014-03-20 18:24:34 UTC
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:
Batelle wrote:
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:
Folks, read the newest dev blog. The goons in the post are gloating in their posts, so you know it is terrible for high sec.
In a few months, mission runners will now have to invest weeks and weeks of training, plus buy a hideously expensive implant, to get the privilege of a 27.6% nerf to all mission loot refines.


Or you could just sell your loot to someone that makes such refines their profession in the first place, as most people already do.

Guess who else it nerfs? nullsec anomaly runners. MTUs plus chained anomalies makes looting very efficient and a large portion of income.

Guess who it doesn't nerf at all? hisec mission blitzers that don't loot.


What you say is true, but for the fact is that vast majority of null sec anom runners don't loot.
And most mission runners do loot in high sec.

Guess the MTU was to popular a module, and the tractor beam bonus of the Marauder just became even more useless.


how doy ou come upon the metrics that most high sec mission runners loot?

and if one does loot most isk comes from meta iv stuff which is crap to reprocess in the first place.

There are no stupid Questions... just stupid people... CCP Goliath wrote:

Ugh ti-di pooping makes me sad.

Dinsdale Pirannha
Pirannha Corp
#20 - 2014-03-20 18:34:11 UTC
MeBiatch wrote:
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:
Batelle wrote:
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:
Folks, read the newest dev blog. The goons in the post are gloating in their posts, so you know it is terrible for high sec.
In a few months, mission runners will now have to invest weeks and weeks of training, plus buy a hideously expensive implant, to get the privilege of a 27.6% nerf to all mission loot refines.


Or you could just sell your loot to someone that makes such refines their profession in the first place, as most people already do.

Guess who else it nerfs? nullsec anomaly runners. MTUs plus chained anomalies makes looting very efficient and a large portion of income.

Guess who it doesn't nerf at all? hisec mission blitzers that don't loot.


What you say is true, but for the fact is that vast majority of null sec anom runners don't loot.
And most mission runners do loot in high sec.

Guess the MTU was to popular a module, and the tractor beam bonus of the Marauder just became even more useless.


how doy ou come upon the metrics that most high sec mission runners loot?

and if one does loot most isk comes from meta iv stuff which is crap to reprocess in the first place.


Ummm, gee, I dunno. Based on my conversations with mission runners.
Based on how the MTU works?
123Next pageLast page