These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Alliance & Corporation Recruitment Center

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

☆ Thrall Nation ☆ BRAVE? A HERO? ☆ Sov Null - Catch

Author
Coffee Rocks
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1 - 2014-03-06 01:28:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Coffee Rocks
Who we are:

Thrall Nation [.THN.] is a Sov Null corporation residing in Catch that believes in the BRAVE philosophy of maximizing your fun-per-hour. A proud member of the Brave Collective and the HERO Coalition, we help keep the market flush through our T1 and T2 industrial minded members and market traders while curing our need for pewpew through large alliance ops, small gang roams, and good ol' fashioned war.

No required kills-per-month, no required CTA's, no requirements of any kind except that you stay classy, be helpful to your Alliance newbies, have fun, and treat everyone you encounter with respect (and gunfire). Actually, especially with gunfire.

Who are you?

Do you prefer...
☆ Posting your funniest loss mail in local instead of your victim's lossmail?
☆ Recruiting and advising the newbro you just smashed?
☆ Mining in front of Marmite?
☆ Bringing a Battle Venture to a POS bash?
☆ Being classy when faced with walls of massive Local Chat hatred?
☆ Breaking ranks on roam in a race to collect all the corpses?

Are you...
☆ A Highseccer who's always wanted to see how green the grass really is over in Null?
☆ A Lowsec PvPer who misses having the option of fleets of every size to join, from solo, to small gang, to the mighty blob?
☆ A Care Bear industrialist who has always wanted support and training to transform into a mighty Care Badger?
☆ A Sov Nullie who is tired of alarm clocking to structure bash, then spending his "off time" ganking HS miners to meet his KB quota of the month?
☆ A Care Badger who wants to join others for stronger ISK gain, more product diversity, and the knowledge their goods are making a difference in others enjoyment of the game?
☆ A Market PvPer who is tired of the trade hub .01 isk game?
☆ A newbie that desperately wants to find out how to Jita?
☆ A born leader who knows they can help, but has never had the chance to prove it?
☆ someone who wants to be BRAVE?
☆ someone who wants to feel like a HERO?

Can you...
Stay Classy?
☆ Undock and help defend a newbro?
☆ Remember how your Alliance mates gave you freebies in your time of need, and endeavor to be the same when you become space rich?
☆ Be patient with the newbie's questions?
☆ Be understanding with a veteran trying to be patient?
☆ Type "7o GF" in local several times a night?
☆ Provide an API?

If so, welcome! We've been waiting for you!

What to do to join:
Join our channel "Join Thrall" and speak with a recruiter. API will be needed, but we will patiently help you set it up if you never have before.
You may also convo me when I'm online and I'll get you with a Corp recruiter. I can be AFK quite a bit due to wife aggro and helping out in comms.
Coffee Rocks
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#2 - 2014-03-07 05:37:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Coffee Rocks
Frequently Asked Quesitons:

Q: What skillsets are you currently very interested in (updated: 8-9)?
A: With the move to Sov, we are definitely looking for:

• All Capital and Super pilots. Titan owners - contact a Director in direct convo.
  • Manufacturers, miners and ratters/anom runners
  • Mains with Jump Freighter alts
  • Black Ops and Cov Ops w/ Cyno V skill
  • Planetary Interaction fans
  • Those wanting to help lead and manage others

Q: I've seen your comments on how you don't approve of scamming and ganking, but I've seen other Brave members doing that. If I want to learn how to scam, gank, safari, or or other "evil" activities, can I still join?
A: If you want to learn to spy on the enemy, sow discord in their ranks, and commit subterfuge in enemy leadership with corp support, yes absolutely join. That said, scamming, ganking, and griefing Highseccers is prohibited in Thrall Nation (the only exception is ganking HS alt-corps of our enemy, but that's a whole different ball of wax). If you want to learn that trade, I suggest posting in the Crime and Punishment forums, looking at websites like www.minerbumping.com, or asking in recruiting channels to find the right corp for you.

Q: I'm a newbie and can't do much. If I join, how can I get down to Sov?
A: First off: this is EVE. It feels like you can't do much when you are new, but we'll change that belief! EVERYONE can make a difference in BRAVE fleets.
The fastest, simplest and best way to get here is to death clone (make sure your clone is upgraded, set your medical clone to our office in Sov, and explode your pod to instantly arrive in Sov). Once there, get with an Officer or Director for help with ships, isk, etc. Once you feel settled in and start to get an idea of how things work, get in fleets, make ISK, get kills, and HAVE FUN!
Also, take advantage of the Brave Dojo - a service and chat channel set up for newbies of all ages. Free stuff is awesome!

Q: I'm a trader at heart. How can I make ISK?
A: Man, how can you NOT? Sov is lacking one thing that everyone else takes for granted - NPC stations with trade! Every skillbook, T2 everything, materials, strippers - EVERYTHING is needed down in Catch to help your fellow HERO members (and make a shiny ISKie for yourself, to boot).

Q: What should I have shipped down?
A: The bare essentials that you want to have on hand should be staged at Mendori IX-9 - Imperial Armaments before joining corp. Once you join you will have access to more information to have your stuff shipped down cheaply. As with any Sov situation, you should learn to live out of a suitcase down here. Don't bring anything you aren't prepared to evacuate or sell in the rare situation that we are evicted. As much as I don't foresee that happening, I believe in good planning and not blind luck.

Q: I'm still not sure if Thrall is right for me when picking a sister corp in BRAVE. What more can you tell me?
A: To be blunt, we're big on having the more mature and professional personalities here. We like to talk in comms and corp chat, but don't **** it up. We like to discuss and debate different ideas, but always in a friendly, open manner with respect to other's ideas. We love having fun, but never at the expense of anyone's enjoyment of the game. For example, by all means we encourage killing the enemy in glorious fashion, taking their POCOs, and rolling through their Sov, but we'll always give a hearty " 7o GF! " in local - even if we lost the fight and they are yelling racist remarks about our mother's hypothetical lovers. Classy behavior is encouraged above all else.
If you're unsure, I would still hop in our "Join Thrall" recruitment channel and just ask about the sister corps, or ask questions in general. If my recruiters feel that Thrall may not be your best fit, they are supposed to point you to a sister corp that you'd have more fun in.

Q: What are your biggest, personal pet peeves?
A: A few things, most of which I will never hold against a corp member (but do make me cringe):

• Forgetting to put booze, coffee, or a stripper in my cargo bay before welping.
  • Terrible and lazy spelling and proper grammar. I understand that not everyone is strong in language skills, but c'mon, you've got spellcheck on EVERYTHING now. Grrrrr.
  • People who troll. Get a life - if people are idiots, they'll open their mouths and show it to the world. They don't need your help. The rest of us are actually trying to discuss issues that affect us all.
  • Making "your game" out to be "the only game". EVE is an MMO that benefits from increasing the paying subscription base. I don't care if you hate SOV Blocs, or hate carebears, or hate BLOBs, etc etc... Don't make it your goal to run people off. Rarely do I take a hard line on an issue, but this is one I don't let up on typically.

Q: You obviously run The Coffee Rocks website. I want to write an article, or add a guide, or just have something small to contribute! How can I get that done?! And, well, I don't know if it's good enough...?
A: I ALWAYS need help, and love people who want to contribute anything that helps promote EVE, helps players play the game better, or helps the site get more content! Contact me in game through EVE mail (Don't open conv w/ me, I'll open with you please) or through the 'write for us' page!
Coffee Rocks
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#3 - 2014-03-09 09:11:49 UTC
Bump. Had some great applications since this thread started. Some beta toons, some brand new to the game. ALL ARE WELCOME! Except spais. You guys are supposed to go to Dropbears.

7o
Monics Shakhtar
Minmatar Secret Service
Ushra'Khan
#4 - 2014-03-09 09:42:04 UTC
Coffee Rocks
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#5 - 2014-03-09 11:23:43 UTC
Monics Shakhtar wrote:

I will neither confirm, nor deny, that our history of "Thrall" based corp names is influenced in part by such an awesome character with a history of rich, dramatic lore that speaks to the level of devotion, respect, and honor that I expect of our own leadership cadre, from the CEO to the Recruiters to a Director. ;)
Coffee Rocks
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#6 - 2014-03-10 23:30:49 UTC
It's a great time to join and many of you are! A hearty welcome to all the new pilots.

" This is the best corp I've ever been in on any toon. You guys are pretty damned cool. Thanks for [all the advice], I've learned soooo much. I honestly didn't expect everyone in corp (and brave) to be so approachable and help teach me, llike, EVERYTHING." - Jack the GiantSlayer

"I thought Faction Warfare was fun sometimes. BRAVE is so much more fun. I've never seen so many frig frights in a row. I thought you big guys never flew frigs and destroyers lol" - Carni Val

(Talking to a newer member who asked to help in H/R Department)
Me: "But seriously, did you want to help be a Recruiter?"
Thraseus: "Yah! I've got nothing but good things to say about Thrall and Brave."

You people really get me right in my emotions. <3
Thraseus Dimaloun
4 Inches Of PAIN
Hull Penetration
#7 - 2014-03-12 00:46:16 UTC
Looks like I'm famous here already!
Coffee Rocks
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#8 - 2014-03-14 21:44:17 UTC
Thraseus Dimaloun wrote:
Looks like I'm famous here already!

Bump for our new Director of Human Resources 7o
Thraseus Dimaloun
4 Inches Of PAIN
Hull Penetration
#9 - 2014-03-19 16:13:07 UTC
Just a bump for the mighty Thrall Nation!
Coffee Rocks
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#10 - 2014-03-21 11:02:15 UTC
Unsonel
Doomheim
#11 - 2014-03-25 06:20:38 UTC
AND another one.
Dakkare Volkanus
Sugar Bomb Nuclear Confections
#12 - 2014-03-26 00:32:24 UTC
Likes received = 70!

7o
Coffee Rocks
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#13 - 2014-03-26 01:43:26 UTC
It's not going to help me at all if I ask that no one ever likes me again, ever... is it?

Oohhh.... unless I can get it to 7070 likes o.o
Coffee Rocks
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#14 - 2014-03-26 21:22:10 UTC
Crap. Well, it lasted as long as it could.
Thraseus Dimaloun
4 Inches Of PAIN
Hull Penetration
#15 - 2014-04-02 01:51:16 UTC
7o
Coffee Rocks
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#16 - 2014-04-02 09:19:39 UTC
Coffee Rocks
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#17 - 2014-04-04 08:49:18 UTC
Unbelievable - we're still taking sov in waves of shiny Atrons and giant Rifters!!

7o
Coffee Rocks
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#18 - 2014-04-06 03:33:22 UTC
Want to join the HERO Coalition or the Brave Collective, but you're not sure which corp to join?

Trust me, you won't regret coming over to Thrall. 5 / 5 spais agree - we're the nicest! Cool
Coffee Rocks
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#19 - 2014-04-08 20:35:08 UTC
Thraseus Dimaloun
4 Inches Of PAIN
Hull Penetration
#20 - 2014-04-13 02:42:53 UTC
12Next page