These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

CSM Campaigns

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Psychotic Monk for CSM9

First post First post
Author
Sabriz Adoudel
Move along there is nothing here
#161 - 2014-04-14 00:44:47 UTC
Both accounts just voted with you at #1, FunkyBacon at #2, and mostly pirate/e-******* types filling up the rest but with Steve Ronuken on the list because even if he is a hopeless carebear, his industry tools are useful and his expertise creating them would be useful on a CSM.

I support the New Order and CODE. alliance. www.minerbumping.com

Clio Fenatti
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#162 - 2014-04-19 07:05:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Clio Fenatti
I already voted for Monk all my accounts but i wanted to ask you Monk, Highsec wardecs are one part of pirating. Certain players center their gameplay around highsec wardec mechanics. It is cheap to declare war on corporations without alliances, but on the other hand, the defender can simply close their corp to avoid war. If you could change that part of the wardec mechanic, what would you do and how would you balance it for both sides?
Psychotic Monk
8 Sins of Man
Nyx Legion
#163 - 2014-04-19 22:10:25 UTC
There have been several proposals to help the issue which have varying amounts of good. Having a war follow an individual for an amount of time is one of the more popular ones and seems fairly reasonable on the surface.

Beyond that, I would also make closing the corp to avoid a war an exploit, just like it was for years before CCP decided to change that ruling.

The real crux of it, though, is that in highsec there's very little reason to be in a corp if you're not wardeccing or taking advantage of POS/POCO mechanics, so the answer isn't in legislating their use but in building motivation to stay and keep a corp open. If, for instance, a corp actually brought real tangible benefit to its players, possibly in the form of something like fleet-bonus-style bonuses or access to content that cost some investment to open up and was better in some way than other comparable content then players would be much more hesitant to recycle corps in the same way that pirates are often accused of recycling gank alts.

People are going to be people, and we can't blame them for using the best tools available to them. If we want to make a more interesting game we simply have to make the boring option no longer the best choice.
Tengu Grib
Divine Wing
#164 - 2014-04-19 23:55:57 UTC
Psychotic Monk wrote:
There have been several proposals to help the issue which have varying amounts of good. Having a war follow an individual for an amount of time is one of the more popular ones and seems fairly reasonable on the surface.

Beyond that, I would also make closing the corp to avoid a war an exploit, just like it was for years before CCP decided to change that ruling.

The real crux of it, though, is that in highsec there's very little reason to be in a corp if you're not wardeccing or taking advantage of POS/POCO mechanics, so the answer isn't in legislating their use but in building motivation to stay and keep a corp open. If, for instance, a corp actually brought real tangible benefit to its players, possibly in the form of something like fleet-bonus-style bonuses or access to content that cost some investment to open up and was better in some way than other comparable content then players would be much more hesitant to recycle corps in the same way that pirates are often accused of recycling gank alts.

People are going to be people, and we can't blame them for using the best tools available to them. If we want to make a more interesting game we simply have to make the boring option no longer the best choice.

God I hope you get elected.

Psychotic Monk wrote:
If, for instance, a corp actually brought real tangible benefit to its players, possibly in the form of something like fleet-bonus-style bonuses or access to content that cost some investment to open up and was better in some way than other comparable content then players would be much more hesitant to recycle corps in the same way that pirates are often accused of recycling gank alts.

This is the surface of a magnificent idea.

Rabble Rabble Rabble

Praise James, Supreme Protector of High Sec.