These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

CSM Campaigns

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

Psychotic Monk for CSM9

First post First post
Author
Psychotic Monk
8 Sins of Man
Nyx Legion
#1 - 2014-03-03 05:13:28 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Dolan
Hey everyone. I'd like to announce that I'll be running for CSM9.

Who am I?

I am a highsec content creator and have been for the vast majority of my space career. I have spent significant time on wardecs, suspect baiting, and highsec safaris (which I helped significantly to bring into the prominence it is today). I've also spent time scamming, suicide ganking, and invading missions. If it is highsec content creation, I have done it and am probably in touch with the leaders in that field.

I have also very closely watched the development of the ruleset that highsec lives under, even occasionally being the direct cause of some of the changes CCP has made to aggression mechanics over the years.

My successes include two wildly successful rounds of weeks spent generating content for foolish incursioner in bulk numbers, hundreds of extremely fun wardecs, and having created one of the two biggest content generating organizations in highsec right now and possibly even ever. I spend a great deal of my time lately mentoring newbros in the wide variety of interesting careers they could be engaging in outside of traditional grindy-PvE or large nullsec paradigms.

This year I also created and hosted Suicide Ganking 4 Good, which was a charity event to raise money for Hurricane Haiyan relief, raising the equivalent of roughly $5500 over the course of a weekend on the strength of the criminal community and stream viewers.

What do I stand for?

As the pirate king, I am standing up for interesting and competitive gameplay in highsec. Too many people are tortured under the notion that this is a grindy-style traditional MMO, and they are being robbed of the beauty of this game because of it. While this is disturbing by itself, the fact that CCP will not allow its employees to participate in any competitive gameplay in highsec means that all of their experience with the subject matter is at best second hand, or dated, or both. It is fundamentally important that someone with significant hands on experience in these matters be on hand to help CCP determine what is or isn't going to be good for the health of emergent gameplay in highsec.

In short, I want groups of all sizes and in all areas of space to be excited and motivated to log on to use complex systems and superior tactics to crush an enemy, whether that be for revenge, profit motive, or just for the sheer joy of starting something messy. Without active voices in the content creation community, that will slowly be choked out of this game entirely and we will lose what made this game special and unique in the MMO landscape.

Besides keeping CCP informed about how content is created in highsec, as a highsec representitive I'm also pushing an agenda of increased organizational tools (including, in a dream scenario, a complete revamp of the corporation system to make corporate membership meaningful in highsec) and increased levels of information on the competitive landscape pushed out to the players so they know what sort of field they're playing on and what tools they have to achieve their own goals.
Psychotic Monk
8 Sins of Man
Nyx Legion
#2 - 2014-03-03 05:23:15 UTC
Vorn
EldarRiders
Domain Research and Mining Inst.
#3 - 2014-03-03 05:23:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Vorn
You have my vote.
Capt Starfox
Amok.
Goonswarm Federation
#4 - 2014-03-03 05:28:19 UTC
I support this. He's a great guy, vote him up.

Abandon all hope ye who x up in fleet

Thorien Greenwood
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2014-03-03 05:37:59 UTC
He's a p. cool guy whose channel has helped me infiltrate and assassinate bads in highsec. I would vote for him and so should you.
Shyvana Abel
Late Night Dive Bar
Phantom-Recon
#6 - 2014-03-03 05:43:06 UTC
I support Monk. He's a awesome person and his style of play is the reason i play eve today.
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#7 - 2014-03-03 05:44:08 UTC
Plus. ***ing. One.

This man is the definition of emergent gameplay.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Planetary Genocide
Dixon Cox Butte Preservation Society
Solyaris Chtonium
#8 - 2014-03-03 05:54:33 UTC
I whole-heartedly support this man and any product/service he offers.
Rennseslear X
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#9 - 2014-03-03 06:48:31 UTC
The MOST Desirable Undesirable
Psychotic Monk For CSM9
Clothing Is Always Optional

EWE OAR SOFA KING WE TALL DID

Destroyer of Souls
Life. Universe. Everything.
Clockwork Pineapple
#10 - 2014-03-03 06:55:18 UTC
You have my vote.
The Connoisseur
The Cute Society
#11 - 2014-03-03 07:11:57 UTC  |  Edited by: The Connoisseur
Having personally flown with Monk on many occasions, I can attest that there is not a single individual who can serve to represent this side of EVE who is as good a guy as him. People are quick to shoot him down as a person of zero moral integrity and character, but never have I felt more accepted and safe in terms of company than the times I have immersed myself in the communities Monk has fostered. Ruthless and competitive in game-play while accepting and quick to jump to the defense of anyone who is on the receiving end of anything that goes beyond spaceships; Monk is the kind of guy we need on CSM9 to bring high sec into a golden age of emergent content for all walks of life.
Lin Suizei
#12 - 2014-03-03 07:13:30 UTC
A hero that highsec needs, and a reasonably eloquent one at that.

+1.

Lol I can't delete my forum sig.

Anya Klibor
Blitzkrieg.
Manifesto.
#13 - 2014-03-03 07:32:24 UTC
I'd vote for him, BUT HE"S NEVER TRIED TO GANK ME >:(

Leadership is something you learn. Maybe one day, you'll learn that.

PlayerName
Autism Cartel
#14 - 2014-03-03 08:12:55 UTC
You have my vote
Sith1s Spectre
Un.Reasonable
#15 - 2014-03-03 08:14:51 UTC
Good luck Monk. You have my vote

Resident forum troll and fashion consultant

Ambrose Oni
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#16 - 2014-03-03 10:00:56 UTC
Your in my top 5 for sure.

FYI Monk is like James315 without the empty delusional cult-leader overly-verbose rhetoric. Great communicator, well spoken, informed and educated in EvE.

<3
Yi-Ming Gren
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#17 - 2014-03-03 10:04:10 UTC
You have all my accounts votes.. forgot how many I have going now...Shocked
Sara Navorski
Rifterlings
Point Blank Alliance
#18 - 2014-03-03 11:40:18 UTC
Absolutely!
Zen'tau
PotatoHead Corp
#19 - 2014-03-03 11:56:22 UTC
Psychotic Monk wrote:
Hey everyone. I'd like to announce that I'll be running for CSM9.

... being the direct cause of some of the changes CCP has made to aggression mechanics over the years.

... having created one of the two biggest content generating organizations in highsec right now and possibly even ever.

As the pirate king...

I want to give you my vote, but I'm not sure you have the confidence required to win.
Haedonism Bot
Revolutionary Front
#20 - 2014-03-03 12:26:06 UTC
Psychotic Monk will be at the top of my ballot again this year. Highsec content creators (and by that we mean pirates) have been under-represented on CSM for too long, or overshadowed by the pro-carebear, pro-Trammel voices.

A more balanced highsec and a corp management overhaul, two of the key points of Monk's platform as I understand it, will benefit all of EVE.

Long live the Pirate King!

www.everevolutionaryfront.blogspot.com

Vote Sabriz Adoudel and Tora Bushido for CSMX. Keep the Evil in EVE!

123Next pageLast page