These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

CSM Campaigns

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Proclus Diadochu For CSM9! *Thanks for the Support!*

First post First post
Author
AssassinationsdoneWrong
Deep Core Mining Inc.
#41 - 2014-03-10 09:14:01 UTC  |  Edited by: AssassinationsdoneWrong
Tyrant Scorn wrote:
Bane Nucleus wrote:
People need to realize you can troll and give a shiit about the wormhole community.

There is trolling and there is insulting... Two separate things. Also, there is a language aspect... I would have used the word "care" instead of the word "shiit".

I wouldn't have.

Seriously if you are going to get language precious then maybe you shouldn't have linked the recording of Chitsa's Town Hall Fiasco.

The Nexus 7's

What we fall short of in numbers we more than make up for in stupidity

Tyrant Scorn
#42 - 2014-03-10 13:39:38 UTC
AssassinationsdoneWrong wrote:
Tyrant Scorn wrote:
Bane Nucleus wrote:
People need to realize you can troll and give a shiit about the wormhole community.

There is trolling and there is insulting... Two separate things. Also, there is a language aspect... I would have used the word "care" instead of the word "shiit".

I wouldn't have.

Seriously if you are going to get language precious then maybe you shouldn't have linked the recording of Chitsa's Town Hall Fiasco.

I didnt link anything, you must be confusing me with someone else...
Proclus Diadochu
Obstergo
Red Coat Conspiracy
#43 - 2014-03-11 18:06:52 UTC
Sephira Galamore wrote:

Thanks for your question and concerns, Sephira.

Have you talked to current CSM members regarding you plans on forum discussions, how feasible they are within CSM constraints?

I've mailed the current and prior CSM's to open dialogue to further understand their perspective and experiences with these issues. I will be meeting with a couple of them on Down The Pipe this weekend, and I imagine this will be a topic of discussion.

I certainly understand your concern, and I have be very vocal about my commitment to communicate with the community, however I'm well prepared to engage in CSM-CCP discussions regarding their roadmap and direction on behalf of the community. My whole point is that I will communicate when able, barring NDA obligations, and that those obligations will be my only hindrance in communicating with the community.

There will be times that I have to conduct conversations and represent in what I see as that best representation of the community, and I'll have to be trusted that I'm doing so in the best interest. One of my other commitments is proposing ideas, and I stated that I will never take a proposal (this would mean a "new" proposal, not a compromising proposal as part of an ongoing NDA-protected conversation) to CCP on behalf of the community, without communicating the full idea to the members.

Thanks again and hope this clears up my thoughts :)

Minister of High Society | Twitter: @autoritare

E-mail: diogenes.proc@gmail.com

My Blog: http://diogenes-club.blogspot.com/

The Diogenes Club | Join W-Space | Down The Pipe

Proclus Diadochu
Obstergo
Red Coat Conspiracy
#44 - 2014-03-11 18:13:48 UTC
Lakshata Chawla wrote:

Will you be as available as Chitsa?

I can honestly assure you that I will be more so available and is one of my personal drivers to run for CSM9. Many people campaign with the promise of communication and being available to represent the community, then after election, some go dormant until nearing the next election, where they become highly visible again. This is a rinse and repeat and is frankly, from my perspective, one of the largest issues with some of the CSM delegates I've seen in the past.

I believe that the CSM delegates should be held accountable to their responsibilities to the community they represent. I see solid delegates that are highly communicative and my words to them are, "are you holding your team accountable to this community?"

Not only do I intend to be available, communicative, and active; but I intend to work with the delegation of CSM9 to hold them accountable to their community as well. That may not seem politically correct, but it is right and correct.

And how many dreads has RCC Seeded into our home?

Currently.. none. I think. What's the j-sig again? I'll consult my ~ list ~

Thanks for the questions, Lakshata!

Proclus Diadochu
Obstergo
Red Coat Conspiracy
#45 - 2014-03-11 18:29:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Proclus Diadochu
Two step wrote:

Thanks, Two step, for stopping by the thread to share your concerns.

I'm very concerned by this idea. Especially in today CSM, a large part of the job is going to be discussing things with CCP that are not public by any means. If you are planning on waiting until those things can be discussed in public, you are going to be left out of the decision making process.

To clarify, I specifically stated "barring NDA obligations, provide the highest level of transparency." This doesn't mean that I'll say in a meeting with CSM-CCP, "I'm sorry, I need to discuss this with the community", they reply "you can't... NDA", then I sit back and not involve myself. When the NDA prohibits my ability to communicate with the community, I will simply represent what I believe, based on my interaction, knowledge, and what I feel, are the best interests of the community. I'm not a sit back and watch kinda person, and I will innovate where I feel the need arises.

Everyone says they will communicate with the players and try to involve them in the process, but that isn't possible in most cases. So I think you owe it to your potential voters to lay out a little more about how *you* feel about the state of the game, both in w-space and outside of it.

I've provided my thoughts and feelings about everything asked of me. If you wish to know something about me, all you or anyone have to do is ask.

Last line of my OP wrote:
I’m sure that this opening may be less in depth than some would prefer, so I urge you to ask me questions, provide your thoughts, and I will take time to respond and help further a dialogue with the community as this campaign progresses. Thank you.

Incindir Mauser wrote:

Now when it comes to Chitsa and James "making the rounds" with individual entities in W-space. I personally feel that this kind of communication was far less frequent than when you, Two step, held a seat on the CSM.

It's important that the CSM delegate take time to visit the community, have conversations, facilitate discussions, and "making the rounds" is a great opportunity to do just that. I will strive to do that as a delegate, and I have a list of groups, obviously, but I don't know everyone in the wormhole community. It is just as important that leaders of individual groups take time to communicate invitations if you'd like to meet with your CSM delegate. For instance, anyone can shoot me a mail to come visit and talk about just about anything.

Also, I feel that townhalls are a good opportunity for the CSM to communicate with the wormhole community. It's important to do them year round and to conduct them in a polite and professional manner. This would be something I'd continue into CSM9, hopefully at a monthly basis, to provide an opportunity for discussion and community interaction.

Bane Nucleus
Assault and Battery
Transmission Lost
#46 - 2014-03-11 21:22:48 UTC
Tyrant Scorn wrote:

I care about the message, not the one or two "bad words" I see. If there is a CSM canidate with the mouth of sailor, but the dedication and know how to do the job correctly, he wins for me. I suspect more often than not that is the case with people.

No trolling please

Proclus Diadochu
Obstergo
Red Coat Conspiracy
#47 - 2014-03-11 21:26:47 UTC
Bane Nucleus wrote:
Tyrant Scorn wrote:

I care about the message, not the one or two "bad words" I see. If there is a CSM canidate with the mouth of sailor, but the dedication and know how to do the job correctly, he wins for me. I suspect more often than not that is the case with people.

FYI, I served in the U.S. Navy for 7 years :)

Tyrant Scorn
#48 - 2014-03-11 22:02:43 UTC
Bane Nucleus wrote:
Tyrant Scorn wrote:

I sometimes feel like you speak a different language or you just don't want to understand what I am trying to say to you.

If you think your sailor language will get you anywhere in the CSM process, I fear you will need to do a bit more research in what current CSM members have stated in interviews. You can be passionate about the game you play but if you can't communicate this properly, you will just be ignored.

I strongly advise you to do a bit more research and educate yourself on the process, on skills needed and take some time to actually listen to the people around you... But hey, I'm merely a forum alt right... I have no clue in what WH's is all about... and it's certainly not like I spend 5 years in WH or anything... so hell, what do I know right ?
Winthorp
#49 - 2014-03-11 22:32:37 UTC
Tyrant Scorn wrote:
so hell, what do I know right ?

You know nothing John Snow.
Sephira Galamore
Inner Beard Society
The Watchmen.
#50 - 2014-03-12 09:20:54 UTC
Hi Brian!
In your interview with Tyrant you said that you want to keep a steady line of the communication - but at the same time you said that you will ask for CCP for everything you write so they tell you it's not-NDA, and then you will exchange drafts until you know what you can post.
Seeing how long it takes to get Devs to check minutes (that only come out twice a year), how do you think you can accomplish that in any sensible manner? I get the impression that "checking CSM posts for NDA" is not a favorite activity of Devs and repeatedly annoying them with such may make them less interested in looking for CSM feedback.
AssassinationsdoneWrong
Deep Core Mining Inc.
#51 - 2014-03-12 09:38:49 UTC  |  Edited by: AssassinationsdoneWrong
Tyrant Scorn wrote:

.....*Nonsensical language nazi bs ..........*

You need to get over that really large Bane chip on your shoulder. He's not running, Proc is. Nobody else seems to be adding likes to your posts about how we all (C1 thru C6) should or should not behave.

Personally I'd like to see you stand for CSM yourself, put your cojones where your mouth is and see how your fake PC attitude and thread hijacking gets you. Nobody likes you and the only reason we listen to your podcasts is to listen to the intelligent people talking.

If you seriously have 5 years in WH's, feel you know what is actually needed and can make them better for all of us then just out of curiosity why didn't you stand?

The hypocrisy you demonstrate of being anti-trolling and the amount of trolling you actually do is laughable but please keep it to the WH thread and if you are going to give it stop crying when you get it! Until then, put up or shut up i.e. Run for CSM

The Nexus 7's

Proclus Diadochu
Obstergo
Red Coat Conspiracy
#52 - 2014-03-12 11:31:38 UTC
Sephira Galamore wrote:

Hey hey

Seeing how long it takes to get Devs to check minutes (that only come out twice a year), how do you think you can accomplish that in any sensible manner?

I suppose at the end of the day, this is going to be something that I learn as a CSM delegate. I have a level of common sense, so I will be able to learn what needs review, when my writing might need the Dev's assistance, and when I'm communicating safely outside of the NDA. I think that your point is sound, that CCP will probably not want to review everything I write concerning CSM, but I think my ambition like many who run for the first time will be better sculpted by experiencing the opportunity and learning the ropes.

So, to answer your question, I'll have to try and see what works.

Bane Nucleus
Assault and Battery
Transmission Lost
#53 - 2014-03-12 13:25:23 UTC
Tyrant Scorn wrote:

.....*Nonsensical language **** bs ..........*

You need to get over that really large Bane chip on your shoulder. He's not running, Proc is. Nobody else seems to be adding likes to your posts about how we all (C1 thru C6) should or should not behave.

Personally I'd like to see you stand for CSM yourself, put your ******* where your mouth is and see how your fake PC attitude and thread hijacking gets you. Nobody likes you and the only reason we listen to your podcasts is to listen to the intelligent people talking.

If you seriously have 5 years in WH's, feel you know what is actually needed and can make them better for all of us then just out of curiosity why didn't you stand?

The hypocrisy you demonstrate of being anti-trolling and the amount of trolling you actually do is laughable but please keep it to the WH thread and if you are going to give it stop crying when you get it! Until then, put up or shut up i.e. Run for CSM

This is pretty much it. He is a bigger troll than I am at this point.

No trolling please

Proclus Diadochu
Obstergo
Red Coat Conspiracy
#54 - 2014-03-13 03:35:24 UTC
Spent some time with boys over at Cap Stable Podcast yesterday. Thought I'd share my interview with them, and thank them for taking the time to provide a well researched and thought provoking interview!

Cheers!

Darkhen
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#55 - 2014-03-13 15:42:12 UTC
+12 votes from me.
Karen Galeo
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#56 - 2014-03-13 23:51:09 UTC
o7 Proclus,

As the executor of a major wormhole entity containing several large corps who, when asked, gleefully describe themselves as 'bags... no... barrels of dicks with fancy coats', how do you relate to the entities in wormhole corp that are smaller? The scrappier ones trying to claw out a piece of uncharted space for themselves, the new pioneers moving in down stream from the established city of ne'er-do-wells?

Obviously, you didn't go straight from undocking-in-your-first-pod to being the power behind the overlords of wormhole space, BUT... you aren't a small wormholer corp any more. You have a different play style and a different set of perspectives and concerns, and us wormholers are notoriously protective of *our* systems since we actively fight for them.

So how do the smaller guys know they can trust you to be their voice on the CSM panel as well? How do you relate to their problems and concerns?

Author of the Karen 162 blog.

Proclus Diadochu
Obstergo
Red Coat Conspiracy
#57 - 2014-03-14 00:38:25 UTC
Karen Galeo wrote:

Hey Karen,

As the executor of a major wormhole entity containing several large corps who, when asked, gleefully describe themselves as 'bags... no... barrels of dicks with fancy coats', how do you relate to the entities in wormhole corp that are smaller? The scrappier ones trying to claw out a piece of uncharted space for themselves, the new pioneers moving in down stream from the established city of ne'er-do-wells?

I think you misunderstood the mad ramblings of my brethren. They describe themselves as many things, but Bodeys is a reference they reserve for others. Although, you are correct about the fancy red coat. To answer your question, and understanding that you are quite new to the wormhole community, I relate the same way that any person with experience relates, based on that experience. I pioneered and scrapped long before we used mappers, when RR Tengus were cool, and when I was in your shoes looking at the entities like Guillotine Therapy, Narwhals, and CCRES with wonderment. I simply relate based on my shared experience, and in that I won't always see things the way the newer guys see the game. My eyes have changed through my experience and I've learned and adapted to my environment over the years. In that same point, how can you, a brand new player living in a C5 relate to the aged and experienced high class players, while also relating to the lower class players who, in some cases, may have vastly superior knowledge, experience, and perspective?

Obviously, you didn't go straight from undocking-in-your-first-pod to being the power behind the overlords of wormhole space, BUT... you aren't a small wormholer corp any more. You have a different play style and a different set of perspectives and concerns, and us wormholers are notoriously protective of *our* systems since we actively fight for them.

So how do the smaller guys know they can trust you to be their voice on the CSM panel as well? How do you relate to their problems and concerns?

The only way for them to trust me, is for them to entrust me with the responsibility and understand that although I won't always agree with them on an idea, just like they won't always agree with me on an idea, that I do have the best interest of the wormhole community at heart, and that I will be confident in my choices and decisions. I believe that second question in your sentence was answered when I defined my relationship with the players in the previous question blurb. Also, as the game changes, I'll be keeping an ear and eye on the direction of the change to understand how this impacts the players across the classes and see where issues arise and where features and ideas can be suggested.

Karen Galeo
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#58 - 2014-03-14 04:11:25 UTC
Proclus Diadochu wrote:

Hey Karen,

In that same point, how can you, a brand new player living in a C5 relate to the aged and experienced high class players, while also relating to the lower class players who, in some cases, may have vastly superior knowledge, experience, and perspective?

That is an excellent question, and one I expect to face several times. As a new player, I realize that I have not been here to witness all of the changes made to wormholes. While this does mean that I have a fresh frame of reference - looking at and judging the game based on the way it is today and not the way it used to be - it also means I only have an abstract idea of the amount of effort it took those initial pioneers to move in.

I really appreciate the tools that have been made. I have the utmost respect for Sky Fighters, Red Coats, Adhoc, Ragnarok... all of those big corps that had to make their own place in w-space. I know that, because I am doing something that other people have done before, I have a good idea of what to do and what not to do.

And that is part of the benefit of having a strong community - and part of what I love about the wormhole community in particular. We're all insular gits who are required to shoot each other when we run into each other's home systems, we do all live in wormholes, and we all have to deal with the same 'today', although at different scales.

I may not have the breadth of experience, but I can relate as far as goals, things we enjoy, the type of game that we play and want to play, and my enthusiasm for Bob's blessings. :) (For the ignorant, that is the Terrible and Indifferent Bob Who Rules Wormholes, not any dead alliances)

The only way for them to trust me, is for them to entrust me with the responsibility and understand that although I won't always agree with them on an idea, just like they won't always agree with me on an idea, that I do have the best interest of the wormhole community at heart, and that I will be confident in my choices and decisions. I believe that second question in your sentence was answered when I defined my relationship with the players in the previous question blurb. Also, as the game changes, I'll be keeping an ear and eye on the direction of the change to understand how this impacts the players across the classes and see where issues arise and where features and ideas can be suggested.

Well said. o7

Author of the Karen 162 blog.

Tyrant Scorn
#59 - 2014-03-14 06:19:26 UTC
Nobody else seems to be adding likes to your posts

Yeah, you're absolutely right... Getting likes is my number one goal !
AssassinationsdoneWrong
Deep Core Mining Inc.
#60 - 2014-03-14 09:32:12 UTC
Tyrant Scorn wrote:
Nobody else seems to be adding likes to your posts

Yeah, you're absolutely right... Getting likes is my number one goal !

Not suggesting it is but it is usually a reasonably good indication of how the community feels about your posting (In other words the general consensus is that yours blow regurgitated kebab chunks given the amount of trolling you have done and the amount of time you have been "posting"). Nicely avoided on the running for the CSM question though.

At Proc..........

Can you let us know your feelings on any kind of module or deployable intended to alter WH mass/timelines etc.

To me mass, and a healthy fear and awareness of what it can do to a blob fleet from null is what keeps the blocs at bay from our hallowed ground.

Thanks for commenting

The Nexus 7's