These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page
 

[Rubicon 1.3] Remote Sensor Dampeners and the Celestis

First post First post
Author
CCP Fozzie
C C P
C C P Alliance
#1 - 2014-02-26 13:12:15 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Fozzie
Hey everyone.
In Rubicon 1.3 we are making a few small tweaks to Damps and the Celestis cruiser, to lay the groundwork for another damp change that we have planned for a later patch.

Damps are a very powerful EWar that have the ability to create some interesting tactical situations and we feel we are getting very close to hitting the mark with their balance, but they are a little more effective at extreme ranges than we think is appropriate.

In 1.3 we'll be reducing the base optimal range of all damps by 16.66% and reducing the damp range bonus on the Celestis to 7.5% per level.

The new optimal range values for dampeners will be:
Name Old Optimal New Optimal
Remote Sensor Dampener I 30000 25000
Remote Sensor Dampener II 36000 30000
Low Frequency Sensor Suppressor I 34500 28750
Indirect Scanning Dampening Unit I 33000 27500
Kapteyn Sensor Array Inhibitor I 31500 26250
Phased Muon Sensor Disruptor I 36000 30000
'Broker' Remote Sensor Dampener I 36000 30000
'Executive' Remote Sensor Dampener I 36000 30000
Shadow Serpentis Remote Sensor Dampener 36000 30000

Thanks and let us know what you think!

Game Designer | Team Five-0

Twitter: @CCP_Fozzie
Twitch chat: ccp_fozzie

TrouserDeagle
Beyond Divinity Inc
Shadow Cartel
#2 - 2014-02-26 13:13:56 UTC
nerf ecm
Michael Harari
Genos Occidere
HYDRA RELOADED
#3 - 2014-02-26 13:16:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Michael Harari
Will 1.3 be out before or after NEO?

Apart from that, +1, good iterating

Have you considered jacking the cap use up on ewar?
TAckermassacker
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#4 - 2014-02-26 13:21:27 UTC  |  Edited by: TAckermassacker
Btw what happend to the idea to bring a Signal dissortion Amplifier equivalent to damps and tracking disruptors?
Lidia Caderu
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2014-02-26 13:46:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Lidia Caderu
Quote:
Thanks and let us know what you think!

Nothing
l0rd carlos
TURN LEFT
HYDRA RELOADED
#6 - 2014-02-26 14:02:18 UTC
I like it.

Youtube Channel about Micro and Small scale PvP with commentary: Fleet Commentary by l0rd carlos

Soldarius
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#7 - 2014-02-26 14:09:08 UTC
The Celestis really does have ridiculously long range on it's damps. And anything that involves balancing EWAR is long overdue.

http://youtu.be/YVkUvmDQ3HY

MeBiatch
GRR GOONS
#8 - 2014-02-26 14:14:28 UTC
Take that f u fleet.

There are no stupid Questions... just stupid people... CCP Goliath wrote:

Ugh ti-di pooping makes me sad.

Alvatore DiMarco
Capricious Endeavours Ltd
#9 - 2014-02-26 14:18:17 UTC
A nerf like this suggests interesting changes to come in the future.

Perhaps a remodeled Celestis that doesn't resemble Matari interpretive sculpture of a banana will accompany that change.
Powers Sa
#10 - 2014-02-26 14:20:54 UTC
RIP Maulus

Do you like winning t2 frigs and dictors for Dirt Cheap?https://eveninggames.net/register/ref/dQddmNgyLhFBqNJk

Remeber: Gambling addiction is no laughing matter unless you've lost a vast space fortune on the internet.

Edward Olmops
Gunboat Commando
#11 - 2014-02-26 14:25:29 UTC
While I agree that Targetting Range dampening can be quite powerful atm, what about Scan Resolution dampening?
Any chance that this can be not nerfed or even buffed?
(dampener base stats or scripts)

I don't feel like these are 2 equally powerful flavours of damps, there are only very few situations where scan resolution dampening is really useful.
Grarr Dexx
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#12 - 2014-02-26 14:26:06 UTC
bout time
Cheekything
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#13 - 2014-02-26 14:28:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Cheekything
CCP Fozzie wrote:

Shadow Serpentis Remote Sensor Dampener 36000 30000


Does this mean your finally adding these to the loot tables?

It's only taken 8+ years :D
Kristoffon vonDrake
Forceful Resource Acquisition Inc
#14 - 2014-02-26 14:33:44 UTC
not enough

also nerf ecm next please
Diivil
Magellanic Itg
Goonswarm Federation
#15 - 2014-02-26 14:34:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Diivil
Why nerf the Celestis when unbonused ships (read: armor tanking fleet DPS ships) are running damps and are being generally just as effective than the dedicated ewar ships because they are so much harder to kill? I hope that the "upcoming" (2016) change addresses the issue of using such effective damps on ships that don't even have bonuses for them.
Crysantos Callahan
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#16 - 2014-02-26 14:50:28 UTC
CCP Fozzie wrote:
Hey everyone.
In Rubicon 1.3 we are making a few small tweaks to Damps and the Celestis cruiser, to lay the groundwork for another damp change that we have planned for a later patch.

Damps are a very powerful EWar that have the ability to create some interesting tactical situations and we feel we are getting very close to hitting the mark with their balance, but they are a little more effective at extreme ranges than we think is appropriate.

In 1.3 we'll be reducing the base optimal range of all damps by 16.66% and reducing the damp range bonus on the Celestis to 7.5% per level.

The new optimal range values for dampeners will be:
Name Old Optimal New Optimal
Remote Sensor Dampener I 30000 25000
Remote Sensor Dampener II 36000 30000
Low Frequency Sensor Suppressor I 34500 28750
Indirect Scanning Dampening Unit I 33000 27500
Kapteyn Sensor Array Inhibitor I 31500 26250
Phased Muon Sensor Disruptor I 36000 30000
'Broker' Remote Sensor Dampener I 36000 30000
'Executive' Remote Sensor Dampener I 36000 30000
Shadow Serpentis Remote Sensor Dampener 36000 30000

Thanks and let us know what you think!


Decent iteration and nerf to celestis.
Paxswill
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#17 - 2014-02-26 14:55:04 UTC
Edward Olmops wrote:
While I agree that Targetting Range dampening can be quite powerful atm, what about Scan Resolution dampening?
Any chance that this can be not nerfed or even buffed?
(dampener base stats or scripts)

I don't feel like these are 2 equally powerful flavours of damps, there are only very few situations where scan resolution dampening is really useful.


In my experience, both are useful in a roughly equal number of different situations. Range damps to either pull DPS or logi in, scan res on hostile logi if you're switching targets.
iskflakes
#18 - 2014-02-26 14:59:06 UTC
This seems like a much needed change.

Unrelated but on the subject of EWar, does anybody know of a single use case for the target painting implant that reduces capacitor cost?

-

Icantspellwell
Ever Flow
Northern Coalition.
#19 - 2014-02-26 15:08:01 UTC
While you are at it can you nerf the lock range on celestis and blackbirds? As it is now the celestis base lock range is 75km and the blackbird is 85km while the bellicose is only 42.5km and the arbitrator is 50km. The celestis and blackbird have longer base targeting ranges than most gallente and minmatar battleships and is +/- a few km on amarr/caldari battleships. Would help nerf their long range dampening in my opinion since they would be forced to lose a damp for another sebo to lock as far as they have been.
Goldensaver
Lom Corporation
Just let it happen
#20 - 2014-02-26 15:17:33 UTC
Icantspellwell wrote:
While you are at it can you nerf the lock range on celestis and blackbirds? As it is now the celestis base lock range is 75km and the blackbird is 85km while the bellicose is only 42.5km and the arbitrator is 50km. The celestis and blackbird have longer base targeting ranges than most gallente and minmatar battleships and is +/- a few km on amarr/caldari battleships. Would help nerf their long range dampening in my opinion since they would be forced to lose a damp for another sebo to lock as far as they have been.

In all fairness to the Blackbird, It's not all that out of line.

For comparison, the Merlin (a frigate) has a 50km locking range. The Moa has a 55km Locking range, and the Rokh has a 90km locking range.

The Griffin has a 65km range, Blackbird has 85km, and Scorpion has 90km.

Blackbird might get nerfed to 70km or 75km, but it should still be well above the other racial EWar cruisers considering the typically high Caldari locking range.

The Celestis on the other hand is pretty out of whack with the other ships in the line, with the highest range battleship being the Megathron with 72.5km and the cruisers being 52.5km. I'd say 55-60km would be more "natural" for the Celestis.

Of course, people hate the **** out of ECM so I won't be surprised if rabid crazies start ranting about how the Blackbird should have only 20km forcing it to close to use the range, and upon activation of ECM mods, the ship should self destruct.
123Next pageLast page